I hate the "PREVENT" defense. The Bend and always Breaks!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

I hate the "PREVENT" defense. The Bend and always Breaks!!!

Ok. I am no BB and he is the football god! No doubt! But, in '06 ( AFC Championship game), '07 ( Super Bowl ) and now in '09 ( clash of the titans ) this "bend don't break prevent crap doesn't work against the two minute drill. There are too many soft spots in the prevent and now that Denver and Indy have shown us this in '09 can we just get some pressure!!! A guy like Manning sees the prevent and does what a guy like Brady has made a Hall of Fame Career of! Picking apart the "Prevent" and marching down the field in the 2 minute drill! I am tired of this! This defense was unbelievable all game and then we go with the soft defense! WHY! Look what works against us! PRESSURE on the QB. Is it that we can't get pressure? It looked like we could last night. I know BB preaches keeping the play in front of the D, but it doesn't help if that defense is 15 yards back giving up first downs every 7 seconds. I can't help feeling this way, when we keep losing bid games in the last 2 minutes!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

Re: I hate the "PREVENT" defense. The Bend and always Breaks!!!

I don't think you're being fair.  The Pats defense just isn't that good.  They give up 4.5 yards per carry.  Read their stats.  The reason why they went for it on 4th down is because everyone knew that the Pats defense is no match for Peyton Manning.  Remember him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

After they went up 13 there was no pressure on the hick at all. None. Pees is a zipperhead!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I agree with this. The Pats D just does not look agressive enough particularly when the game is on the line. Since they lost Willie Mac and with the ageing of Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi their is no intimidation factor on the Pats D. For the hype Merriwether has been getting this year - some of it deserved - he misses some crucial tackles that Rodney Harrison would never have.