I have zero concerns about Brady!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: I have zero concerns about Brady!!

"Nobody could be "themselves" with that surrounding them."

True - look at Denver's only loss - Peyton was hammered and he did not look "himself" either. 

Even moreso when you have an offense based on rhythm and timing that takes months, if not years, to sync in. 

I wouldn't say I have zero concerns about Brady, nor am I sure he is a top three quarterback anymore, but - he's plenty good enough for a deep playoff run and not every team can say that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have no doubt TB still has what it takes to be a top 3 QB in the NFL, assuming his OL affords him the time, and his WR/TE corps remains healthy. His mechanics are fine when given time, he still has his arm strength, and still makes the correct reads. His 2 best throws yesetrady were to Gronk in the end zone (TD except for Solder holding) and Gronk into triple coverage were Gronk came down with the ball but could not hold it....those throws imo were Brady at his best. I also saw TB thread the needle to Dobson, who is finally holding onto to those passes. All of this with a hand injury

I now understand the Collie signing. Having Collie, DA and Edelman..and keeping 2 of them on the field every game, are the types of route runners TB loves. Dobson is taking steps forward every game. Thompkins is a nice 5th WR that can make plays. This offense will be ok as long as the OL improves

Some here have doubts...I have zero

[/QUOTE]

You see how big is hand was when they zoomed in?  Wow...looked like the pillsbury dough boy hand. No wonder he can even grip the ball. Trolls will be Trollls is all I can say. No way I could ever read the game thread and the board in general is getting harder to read. Gronk need to be held accountable as well. He is rusty and that early pic to me was partly on him. He never attacked the ball. He let it come to him and didnt hold his ground keeping the defender behind him. He is rusty and Brady needs to watch going to him when covered.

If the coaches make the right adjustment during the bye week(scrap the bad plays, add better ones)  this team could kick A ss in the 2nd half. Joshy needs to realize a struggling QB needs a run game. BB needs to stop benching his best Runner. Need to design plays to get KT involved who has dissapeared. The D is a cameleon and will do whats best week to week but the O needs to establish an identity during the bye and we will be fine. I saw all I needed to see. He was lights out in warmups. Good 0 Line play and good playcalling will help and in the 2nd half Brady was making some pretty good throws I thought.

[/QUOTE]
    I said this yesterday, but Gronk seems tentative.  He ran a bad route on the intercepted throw in the jets game and didn't compete for the ball on the intercepted pass yesterday.  As an outlet for Brady when Brady is under pressure he's got to play big and strong because he's not going to get perfect passes.  His role is to bail Brady out of tough jams by providing a big physical target who can fight for the ball.  He seems to be shying from contact a bit which negates one of his primary strengths. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True - look at Denver's only loss - Peyton was hammered and he did not look "himself" either. 

Even moreso when you have an offense based on rhythm and timing that takes months, if not years, to sync in. 

I wouldn't say I have zero concerns about Brady, nor am I sure he is a top three quarterback anymore, but - he's plenty good enough for a deep playoff run and not every team can say that.

[/QUOTE]

Top 3 may be changing a lot this year. DiD you see Matt Ryan Sunday? I think something is up. I cant recall all these top QBs playing so bad. I mean Brady does have a built in excuse but why did Eli and Matt Schaub fall off a cliff? Matty Ryan is equally confusing as he has had his full compliment of weapons. If its all O line play, than it just proves my point about Brady taking hits and he seems to have weathered it better than anyone else. I mean I guess we have to put Peyton # 1 based on record and #s but who is # 2 and # #3? Brees??? The guy choked once his star TE was out. The guy who couldnt win without his coach? Aaron Rogers?  I mean who else??  Phillip Rivers, Ok. I dont see anyone else....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing for sure....we have no chance at all against horseface without Talib in the secondary....

[/QUOTE]

Troll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think that extreme thoughts either way don't work. Brady is not done and doesn't need to be replaced. However, everything is ok and its due to his receivers being new or Oline falling apart are also too extreme.

His decision making has not been good this year. I remember him passing when they thought run was coming, dumping screens when he needed to and being one step ahead of most D coordinators. Seldolm did you feel he made the wrong read of the defense.

This year it seems we are completely out of sync. Bad play calls, bad reads on the defense and lack of execution lead to some pretty sorry looking offense. Comparing this to the prior 4-5 years of high execution and smoothness, seems like it has fallen off a cliff. We were spoiled and thought it was easy, because TB and company made it seem so.

To say I have zero concerns is not accurate, to say I am losing sleep over the concern I have is not accurate either. TB is struggling and needs to find a way to stop the struggles and succeed.

I don't know what is wrong, but something ain't right and it definately needs fixing, expecially come playoff time. We have 8 more games to right the ship and get in sync. 

I think TB will lead us there and we will get better. I hope he does and I will cheer for the effort until he does. Keep on scrambling and winning games and when the O comes together no one will stop us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the Pats had the ball in Miami territory, with a 20-17 lead, I was begging that Josh would do one of the following 5 things:

1. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    2. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    3. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    4. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    5. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.

The team was having success in the ground game, and therefore it just made too much sense. In my heart, I knew 2 these things where going to happen.

1. They'll pass.
    2. Brady will lose it for the Pats.

If not for a fortunate illegal touching of the ball (batting a live ball away). The Pats would have been forced to punt while protecting a slim 3-point lead. After the penalty, the Dolphins quit and the Pats RAN their way to a game-clinching TD.

Since the 2010 loss to the Jets in the playoffs, Brady's struggles were limited to only good defenses. Now decent Ds are stopping him and his accuracy% is near the bottom. Accuracy% treats drops as completions and removes spikes, throwaways, and hit as throwns from pass attempts. Therefore, even without the drops, Brady is terrible.

[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would anybody go to a kill the clock strategy merely hoping to get into FG range with only a 3 point lead unless time was almost out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His hand doesn't look good to me, but still he goes out there and does what it takes to win...great player/team leader. Of he had the weapons Manning has, he'd go down as the best quarterback to ever play the game. And if our defense was better a few years ago, he would of joined Montana in the Super Bowl discussion.

[/QUOTE]

x1000

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, everything is ok and its due to his receivers being new or Oline falling apart are also too extreme.

[/QUOTE]

You want extreme?

How about his 3 most used receivers having 8 total NFL starts out of the gate?

How about an O-line that has allowed in 8 games (within 4) nearly as many sacks as Brady has had in 7 of his full NFL seasons?

Are those extreme enough for you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Babe....Oline play and receivers are definately an area of concern and a good reason for some of the issues, but it is extreme to think that nothing is wrong with Brady either.... it is all the above type of issue. Brady is NOT without concern along with the Oline and the receivers.... That was my point, not that what the Oline or receivers performance was is not bad... it is but even if they are playing lights out, something is still up with Brady's performance too.....

It is my opinion as a fan, I am not an expert, I don't get paid nor have I played football at this level, but I can have an opinion.....

As can you and others....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

now reporting Brady has broken knuckle on his throwing hand...wont miss time, but will be limited in practice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that extreme thoughts either way don't work. Brady is not done and doesn't need to be replaced. However, everything is ok and its due to his receivers being new or Oline falling apart are also too extreme.

His decision making has not been good this year. I remember him passing when they thought run was coming, dumping screens when he needed to and being one step ahead of most D coordinators. Seldolm did you feel he made the wrong read of the defense.

This year it seems we are completely out of sync. Bad play calls, bad reads on the defense and lack of execution lead to some pretty sorry looking offense. Comparing this to the prior 4-5 years of high execution and smoothness, seems like it has fallen off a cliff. We were spoiled and thought it was easy, because TB and company made it seem so.

To say I have zero concerns is not accurate, to say I am losing sleep over the concern I have is not accurate either. TB is struggling and needs to find a way to stop the struggles and succeed.

I don't know what is wrong, but something ain't right and it definately needs fixing, expecially come playoff time. We have 8 more games to right the ship and get in sync. 

I think TB will lead us there and we will get better. I hope he does and I will cheer for the effort until he does. Keep on scrambling and winning games and when the O comes together no one will stop us.

[/QUOTE]

The voice of reason...........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His hand doesn't look good to me, but still he goes out there and does what it takes to win...great player/team leader. Of he had the weapons Manning has, he'd go down as the best quarterback to ever play the game. And if our defense was better a few years ago, he would of joined Montana in the Super Bowl discussion.

[/QUOTE]

x1000

[/QUOTE]

X1000

42 Asante dropped int  cost pats and TB all time immortality, and

he wasnt on the field (strange way the world looks at things) like in

46 Chung lines up too far inside - per herm Edwards next day- just one small detail

We are all waiting to see Pats O of last 5 yrs. I have never wanted our bye after Pitt more than this season. for the pats to win SB  we need the entire Offense to execute better. everyone was saying that pats made great adjustments vs Miami, Bb said no changes, just better execution 

I believe this team hasn't reached it's full potential. I also think BB likes the mentality and toughness of this team. given all of the obstacles this team has faced it may be his best coaching job ever. if they win it all there will be no doubt -in some ways it wil be more satisfying than 19-0 ??? Then again maybe just a notch under

This D cannot take too many more IRs. I am hoping we at least get Kelly back. if not, the O may not matter

A lot of people were on BB for DT, safety , JA. I am thinking we may still be alright at all three

As I said, cannot wait for the bye

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

am I sure he is a top three quarterback anymore,

OK...  Lets make sure that this is no longer a matter of question...  Tom (under .500 comp%, 36 year old, turnover vulnerable) Brady is no longer anywhere close to a top 3 QB in this league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

oh sh1!T,   Im gonna catch 

it for that last post... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

it for that last post... 

.......Everyone from writers, sports analysts, radio show hosts and fans Pats or not seem to notice something amiss with TB BEFORE the swollen hand but hell, The GOAT will play at a high level until he's 40...............Speaking of Farve......he never regressed did he..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

am I sure he is a top three quarterback anymore,

OK...  Lets make sure that this is no longer a matter of question...  Tom (under .500 comp%, 36 year old, turnover vulnerable) Brady is no longer anywhere close to a top 3 QB in this league.

[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can say to you is that everyone thought we were going to lose at half time vs Miami, just wait for the 2nd half of the season.  PM is a yr older with a neck injury and who is number one For now (based on stats)? you may be right on TB but it is too early to say. I'm going to believe he will be TB again

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it for that last post... 

[/QUOTE]

.......Everyone from writers, sports analysts, radio show hosts and fans Pats or not seem to notice something amiss with TB BEFORE the swollen hand but hell, The GOAT will play at a high level until he's 40...............

[/QUOTE]

somebody has to speak up and say theres an elephant in the room...  And I guess that's me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it for that last post... 

.......Everyone from writers, sports analysts, radio show hosts and fans Pats or not seem to notice something amiss with TB BEFORE the swollen hand but hell, The GOAT will play at a high level until he's 40...............

[/QUOTE]

somebody has to speak up and say theres an elephant in the room...  And I guess that's me.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone hasn't noticed or admitted something wasn't right. some just want to write him off now, and I say why are u still watching, others aren't so quick to shoot their load. Lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

As Brady goes, so go the Patriots. The Patriots are going deep in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

brady

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it for that last post... 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think a tone hasn't noticed or admitted something wasn't right. some just want to write him off now, and I say why are u still watching, others aren't so quick to shoot their load. Lol

[/QUOTE]

Im begging MCD to design the offense for Brady the 36 year old, not 2007 Brady,  you know..?   He can't throw it anymore like he used to.    Its just a fact.   Accept it and make adjustments... 

Mcdaniels looks younger than Brady, doesn't he?    Because he acts it.  Grow up MCD,  act like an old OC who has experience with an old QB....    Since the first thing you want to do is hand the ball off more.   Second is use youre running game ....   third is take advantage of your young running backs that can take the heat off your old QB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it for that last post... 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think a tone hasn't noticed or admitted something wasn't right. some just want to write him off now, and I say why are u still watching, others aren't so quick to shoot their load. Lol

[/QUOTE]

Im begging MCD to design the offense for Brady the 36 year old, not 2007 Brady,  you know..?   He can't throw it anymore like he used to.    Its just a fact.   Accept it and make adjustments... 

Mcdaniels looks younger than Brady, doesn't he?    Because he acts it.  Grow up MCD,  act like an old OC who has experience with an old QB....    Since the first thing you want to do is hand the ball off more.   Second is use youre running game ....   third is take advantage of your young running backs that can take the heat off your old QB.

[/QUOTE]
    i tend to agree that we should run more than in 2007. I am not happy with some of the play designs. as far as TB long ball I am still going to give him the second half of the season. better Oline, recvers grow, JA and Gronk and Vereen. I do believe dobby is getting better and better. 

weall have aver experienced that BBs team is better and better as the season goes. these pats are grinders, have played in tight game after tight game, and have done very well in crunch time. That counts for something. just remember if you are wrong you have to say so later. believe me if I feel TB is over I will say so

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

now reporting Brady has broken knuckle on his throwing hand...wont miss time, but will be limited in practice

[/QUOTE]

W-T-F???  Broken Knuckle??

Day to Day?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

He has not played at his usual level, but I have seen encouraging signs. For starters, he has led two big-time game winning drives against the Bills and Saints that reminded me of some of his vintage comebacks. I have seen his rapport and comfort level with Dobson grow quietly but steadily all year long. The kid an awful first appearence in Week 2 with all the drops, but he was quite impressive against Miami. If he is comfortable with Dobson, as well as Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, and Vereen when he gets back, that is 5 weapons that he could have a very strong rapport with come January, and throw in Thompkins as a solid contributor as well. 

I think the Bye week is gonna fall at the right time for Brady, will give his hand a chance to heal a bit, and some extra time in the film room to figure out where some of his reads and throws are going wrong. I expect another strong finish from the Pats. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Day to Day?

[/QUOTE]

broken knuckle....limited in practice....wont miss any game time (unless additional injury occurs to the hand)...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Day to Day?

[/QUOTE]

broken knuckle....limited in practice....wont miss any game time (unless additional injury occurs to the hand)...

[/QUOTE]

What the heck do you do for a broken knuckle?