I just do not understand how anybody (including the media) can criticize Moss for the 09 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I just do not understand how anybody (including the media) can criticize Moss for the 09 season

It's honestly a joke.  Look, I know not everyone blames him but too many people do.   As much as we glorify Bradys 50 TD 07' season, we often underappreciate Moss' 23 receiving TD's that year.  As much as people criticized Moss for "dogging" it this year, we often tend to forget that he had a pretty good season in 08 after Brady went down. 

This guy is still the most feared deep threat in the game and completely changes the way defenses approach the Patriots pass game.  Before putting blame on Moss, put blame on the defense, the offensive line, the offensive coordinator, Brady, and 3rd receiver (or lack there of).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: I just do not understand how anybody (including the media) can criticize Moss for the 09 season

I like Moss. I think he was hurt a lot this year. He doesn't complain and stays out of the spot light. I hope he retired a Pat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

Re: I just do not understand how anybody (including the media) can criticize Moss for the 09 season

Lightning rod.  Its as simple as that.  Moss statistically had an impressive year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Because some people know more about complaining than they do about football.  They also don't know how to read a stat line. 

Moss, 5th in yards, 1st in TD's.
    for comparison
    A. Johnson 1st in Yards, 10th in TD's.

Infact no player was as consistent at scoring and gaining yards than Moss who got targeted fewer times than many top recievers.  I am confident that if the Pats wanted to use him like a possession reciever like Johnson or Welker who get targeted a lot more times, than he would lead the league in yards but his career would probably be shortened by injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewEnglandah. Show TheNewEnglandah's posts

Hey let me know what Randy Moss has done in the playoffs..EVER in his career, not just the Pats...he's a terrible playoff performer,....I was definitely willing to give him 3 or 4 years to come around, but he doesn't show up come playoff time.......Anyone have Deion Branch's number?....theres a nice slew of WR free agents this year too!....2nd round pick for Anquan Boldin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Newenglandah,

I wish I had time to explain football to you but here's something for you to research.

-Moss cannot catch balls that are not thrown to him.

-Defenses can adjust to double or triple cover receivers if they feel they are the most dangerous player on the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

It wasn't Moss's fault that the OC didn't ask Brady to throw to him at all for 3 quarters, but instead forced passes to both Edelman and Watson. You want to keep Moss from becoming a moper late in games? You throw him the goddarn ball, that's how. And you do it often. He produces, but they won't throw to him. And no he was not even in double coverage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

I agree with u 100%
    why are people complaining! He helps the team more than hurts, we all have our bad days... There could be worse things. Hope he retires a Pat!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayCampbell1587. Show JayCampbell1587's posts

Why was welker on the leader board in most WR categories(Most Rec., Most Yds After Catch, etc) . I am reiterating  what shenanigan said alittle bit but the reason Welker has been so successful is because Moss is successful in sucking up multiple defenders. You need at least 2 defenders to play moss. A CB to be physical and a Safety to cover the top. You still have to respect his speed. He is essential to this unit. One thing about the patriots is they have shown they can make the tough call. Letting go key players throughout the year because of expense or lack of performing. They will make it if it is necessary. but its not because he is still a force 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Barring any devastating injuries, Moss should be able to pass Jerry Rice on the all-time receiving TD's list.  He is currently 49 behind him and he's only 32.  The guy is going to go down as the best WR ever. 

I think acquiring an above average 3rd WR to go along with Moss and Edlemen would greatly benefit the entire receiving core.  Aiken should not be a starter on any NFL team let alone the Patriots.  Jabar Gaffney was very solid but I think the Pats should bring in a guy slightly better.  Sign a WR, draft a RB, fix the OL and this team is right back up toward the top again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The 2007 playoff performance was pretty bad, you have to admit. #1 receivers find ways to get open, regardless. Calvin Johnson gets plenty of catches despite being the only viable weapon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Seattle how many times did they target him in 07, in the playoffs we came out with 2 tight ends, including Steven Spach, one of the best blocking tight ends in the game. We didnt target him at all and decided to run the ball which helped us get to the SB. And in the SB, which was one of the worst performences by a o-line ever, he almost won us the game when they decided to man up and do their job. Seriously man you need to do a lil' research before speaking.  Good job on those p-off stats pochen, just about to pull them up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Some of you need to really do a lil' research before opening your holes, this guy has been our only scoring threat for 3 years. Hes been puting up crazy numbers in his 30's and averages more yards and td's per year than Rice. This guy averages 1200 and 13, that is absolutely crazy and as someone metioned before, w/out injuries he'll break Jerrys td record in 4-5 years, Im saying 4. And if he does he'll do it in considerably less time, it took Rice 20, almost 21 years to amass 197, Randy if healthy will do it after his 16th year. This guy catches TD's at a rate that is unheard of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

He's great when he puts out but he's also a prima donna. He's not a favorite of mine. Never will be. I like high character guys. Terry Glenn was very talented but I was glad to see Bill show him the door in 2001. Truth be told, I think many of his team mates were pleased to see Bill lay down the law with Glenn. I hate watching teams try and baby sit guys. Moss got his feelings hurt a month ago and went into a shell. If that's the kind of guy you want to go into battle with than what can I say. I liked Troy brown, David Givens and Deon Branch. They played hard every down. I was sick to my stomach watching many of the current Patriot starters last Sunday. As one commentator said it "Who are those guys in those Patriot uniforms". The Patriots are rebuilding. I hope they get back to building the team around unselfish hard working football players! Isn't interesting that the Cowboys look so much better without TO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL, Im sorry, but onee more thing. Please name me an elite rec. that did the damage Randy did w/ the QB's he had. Pochen alluded to it a lil' bit, but it deserves to be mentioned again. George, Ferrotte, Culpepper, Old as hell Cunningham(If my memory serves me he came out of retirement), Collins, Brooks, Marcus ISUCKO, Walter, and Cassell. No rec. ever would come close to putting up his #'s with bust like that! Are you kidding me, this guys was on teams that had no D's at all, very little help on O, played with Carter who teams were very happy to give him underneath routes all day. And thats it, an old Carter, and Robert Smith who wasnt consistent and quite frankly not a real threat at all. Randy did all this while being the number one threat to opposing teams, all week they would game plan for him and he would still kill em'. Another thing, people need to stop saying we need a 3rd rec, because we need a number 2. Wes wont be back until Nov-Dec next year and will never be the same as he once was. We need to start and talk about a real number 2, not a 3. Teams were more than happy to give Welker the underneath stuff, the quick outs, and quick slants all day. Im sorry, but using him as much as we did, without going out an getting a true #2 hurt us. We need a another guy that can put up 6 on a somewhat consistent basis. It absolutely needs to be addressed whether or not this team decides to become a run first team. We really need to think about a guy like a Marshell, Breaston or getting one in the draft. Marshell, I think its safe to say he has played his last game in Denver. They will be looking to move him, why not give up a 2 and got get a guy who can give you 90-100 catches and 8-10 td's every year. Boldin is out there as well, but has a history filled with injuries. Sometimes you cant ignore the obvi. , Marshell and Moss would be the best duo in the league. Teams would lose sleep, hair, and their mind trying to decide who to double, who to press, and who their more comfortable with letting them beat them. Breaston is also very interesting, this guy has been a consistent threat despite playing with Fitz and Q. He has done a great job filling in for Q while he was injured. Both are big guys that can run and catch, and both would look great in a Pats uniform. If not the draft has a pretty good class of rec's , Bryant could fall a lil' bit and might be worth moving up a couple spots if hes at say 14-18. Also guys like Lafell , Tate, Benn(who I really like) might be available early second round and all are guys that have the ability to be very solid #2's and put up some decent numbers. IMHO I think they all have the talent to put up 1000 and 6-8 td's. This team needs to start and think of getting a real number 2, and if we do go out and trade for Marshell hes a guy that has proven he can carry the load and would be a great replacment for Moss in say 2-4 years. They would thrive off one another, that combo really gets me going. Im talking about 190 rec and 28 TDS a year if not better!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ron are you serious? You like...Deion Brittle Branch, really...Moss doesnt give effort. Hes played in every game as a Pat despite being hurt. Save me that character BS, did you like Rodney's character taking ped's? How about Corey Dillions? And how doesnt 81 have character, the guy plays hurt, doesnt complain about it and doesnt complain about not having another guy that can take any pressure off him at all. He could have bitchnmoaned about running 40-50 yard sprints clearing out space all day for 83 and not having another guy who can put up 6. Sorry, but you dont make any sense man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I love how people say something about him or any issue that is completely wrong and most of the time stupid and dont have the ballz to come back an debate it. SO VERY WEAK MOST OF YOU ARE!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I agree. He led the league in TD receptions again. He had a mega clunker against Carolina (who were way better than our clueless local media made them out to be at the time) but Brady had several clunker's this year (especially last Sunday). Moss makes it easier for Welker, it's not Moss's fault that Aiken drops every deep pass thrown to him. Moss was open deep a lot this year and Brady just plain missed him. If the Pats cut him loose the media will howl about are lack of a deep threat. The sportswriters in this town are the biggest rollercoaster riding hypocrits in the nation whose predictions are virtually always wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

WATCH THE FILM

Moss ALTERS THE PLAYING FIELD.  But none of you idiots noticed the fact that Moss took Ed Reed out of the game by being on one side of the field, in addition to drawing a cornerback. 

Nor do any of you notice that ALL safeties on Moss' side of the field play 5 yards deeper than the safety on the other side of the field BECAUSE THEY RESPECT MOSS.

Reed was forced to play 15-20 yards deep on Moss' side of the field essentially over the top of Moss instead of closer to the middle of the field, which SHOULD HAVE opened up the underneath routes on his side and the entire other half of the field

Don't blame Moss - he does his job even when the Pats don't throw to him.