I see a huge # of teams that i see going for a QB IN THE DRAFT....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I see a huge # of teams that i see going for a QB IN THE DRAFT....

and the more teams that reach in rd 1 (where i think there could be 5 or more qbs taken), the more  

round 1 players push down to us.

lets hope its a huge # of qbs pushed into rd 1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: I see a huge # of teams that i see going for a QB IN THE DRAFT....

According to the "experts" this is a week year for QB's. I hope one of those 5 reach out to NE for Mallett. And if the rumor of Cleveland sending pick #6 for Mallett and #32 (hopefully) are true that would be like hitting the lottery. It only takes one GM to fall in love with your guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

According to the "experts" this is a week year for QB's. I hope one of those 5 reach out to NE for Mallett. And if the rumor of Cleveland sending pick #6 for Mallett and #32 (hopefully) are true that would be like hitting the lottery. It only takes one GM to fall in love with your guy!

yes that woudl be a dream.

it is a weak year.

does not matter. teams know they need a qb to have a chance to win. all you have to do is pick the right one. they have to at least try. a team wihtout an elite qb will not win a chmpionship (or very rarley) see schuab, etc.

i see even teh texans are consifdering getting a qb

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Haha.  Pick #6 for Mallet?   Wow Al Davis has been reincarnated!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Where did you hear that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

yes that woudl be a dream.

it is a weak year.

does not matter. teams know they need a qb to have a chance to win. all you have to do is pick the right one. they have to at least try. a team wihtout an elite qb will not win a chmpionship (or very rarley) see schuab, etc.

i see even teh texans are consifdering getting a qb

True. The texans because of the cap hit are stuck with schaub for 1 more year. After next, they will probably pursue a QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

Where did you hear that?

It was posted in another thread. Somebody posted and NFL twitter that said new Browns GM Lombardi is enamred with Mallett. Ill see if i can find adn repost here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Phil JerH, adn Patslifer go to this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/maybe-mallett-will-have-trade-value/100/6510347

Ricky 12684 posted this on page 2 of the thread; NFL Philosophy@NFLosophy

Mallett to the Browns will probably heat up. Browns will have to give up number 6 overall pick this year, plus more. No clue what else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

you're going to be disappointed come draft time bred. lucky if there is 3 selected in the 1st.

But would you be surprised if it happened? Weak QB classes before haven't stopped teams from over reaching. Matter a fact last year draft might help that situation. Outside of Luck and RGIII most QB's were tag as 2nd round picks that might drift into the 1st. Tannehill with #7? Most were laughing, Weeden at 22? Wilson? Other then Weeden all have been good. This might lead teams to believe it's not as weak as people thought, same as last year.

Then just look at the 2011 draft to see how many overreaches there were, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert none should have been top 15 picks 6 QB's total in 36 picks in an extremely weak QB draft class.

All it takes are the right conditions and this year has similar conditions to 2011. A large number of teams needing QB's, a very weak FA class (seriously Flacco is the best FA out there), limited trade possibilities (Tebow, Smith?), a handful of late 1st round QB talent, most of the needy QB teams in the top half of the draft. It's all about how teams feel a QB fits their system. If they feel there is only 1 QB that might they will reach to get their guy. Once that happens the domino's start to fall, more teams reach or trade up and then you have a QB run. It happens all the time at the draft when conditions are right

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Problem with this is that Mallet is old style quaterback and not the RGIII, Wilson, Kapernick type. Luck did well this year but many argue not as well as the other three... NFL is a copy cat league so there will be those that want a skill set that is different than Mallet's. It depends on the O philosophy of the team and if they value Mallet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

a 6th round pick for mallett seems way more likely than a #6 pick. what has he ever shown to deserve even a 3rd rounder? he's never looked good in preseason. the only two things he's done here are 1) not get in trouble and 2) lose some weight.

the browns are an awful team and need a few years of rebuilding. they will take the best player on the board and have another top 10 pick next year and hope to get their QB then. that franchise has tried to force way too many QB's in there in recent years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

QB's moving around will keep the draft picks low.

Flynn-

Vick-

Tebow- CFL?

Smith-

Mallet - Stay?

others-

where do you think these will go? or will they stay on thier respective teams?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

a 6th round pick for mallett seems way more likely than a #6 pick. what has he ever shown to deserve even a 3rd rounder? he's never looked good in preseason. the only two things he's done here are 1) not get in trouble and 2) lose some weight.

the browns are an awful team and need a few years of rebuilding. they will take the best player on the board and have another top 10 pick next year and hope to get their QB then. that franchise has tried to force way too many QB's in there in recent years.

I think in a situation like this, it really doesn't matter what he has done on the field. For one, he has seen very limited time on the field, and when he has it has been with a bunch of scrubs. If not for the off field issues, he  obviously would have went  alot higher than the 3rd round. By all accounts, he has kept his nose clean since he has been in the league. While I seriously doubt anyone would give up the 6th pick in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised if someone dropped a low first rounder in thier lap.
      I think the bigger question is, what does BB think about him. If he thinks he is a franchise Qb, he may very well keep him on the bench another 3 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Flynn- Is he any better then Mallett? Actually since a rook beat him out and not a hall of fame QB Mallett might be seen as the better prospect

Vick- He shold retire right now. No team is going to want an injury ridden QB who can't win games

Tebow- CFL? agree or to Jags to rebuild fan base and get the #1 pick next year

Smith- the big name on the market. He might be the best of the best which is why the Mallett question is a good one, because there is nothing else out there

Mallet - Stay? maybe if there are no buyers or Brady's retirement is closer then what we think but Malletts value has never been higher given the artifical inflation because of the poor fa/trade market, poor draft class, and all the draft needy teams. If they were thinking about cashing in on an investment this would be the year

others- What others? Jets can't dump Sanchez because of his contract, then who Flacco? If the Ravens don't keep him they are in even worse shape next year. Flacco is an average QB but he good enough to hel them win

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

and the more teams that reach in rd 1 (where i think there could be 5 or more qbs taken), the more  

Whats teams do you think will take a QB round 1? Thats a heavy investment considering how weak the class is.

Flynn, Vick, Smith, Moore should all be available.

Cle, Arz, Buf, Phi, Oak, KC, Jax are the only teams that I think would consider a QB in the 1st round. NYJ is borderline, but they have a lot of money tied up to Sanchez for this season and have a ton of other needs too. OAK is also borderline, I figure they'll go to Pryor first if they give up on Palmer.

I don't see where you think 5 QBs could be taken. You're not going to spend a 1st rounder for a backup unless he's an elite talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

I thought Pats didn't like high draft picks?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

I think you misunderstood the trade proposal. It was Mallette and the Pats first round pick for the Browns number 1

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It doesn't make any differencce who drafts a QB,there are 73 underclassmen already declared as eligible for the draft that in itself will dillute the 1rst round to the point where the Patriots and the remainder of the playoffs teams get a shot at a talent previously not availible to them. Mallett was the best QB availible in his draft based upon arm strength and QB IQ,he's been playing QB since pop warner and his Dad is a High School HC. If the Browns or any other team wants to trade for him then the Patriots have all the leverage,unlike Hoyer Mallett led his Collge team to Bowl games every year he attended The U of Arkansas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

you're going to be disappointed come draft time bred. lucky if there is 3 selected in the 1st.

same thing was sasi of last eyars draft ricky. experts only considered 2 worthy. we'll see

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Flynn- Is he any better then Mallett? Actually since a rook beat him out and not a hall of fame QB Mallett might be seen as the better prospect

Vick- He shold retire right now. No team is going to want an injury ridden QB who can't win games

Tebow- CFL? agree or to Jags to rebuild fan base and get the #1 pick next year

Smith- the big name on the market. He might be the best of the best which is why the Mallett question is a good one, because there is nothing else out there

Mallet - Stay? maybe if there are no buyers or Brady's retirement is closer then what we think but Malletts value has never been higher given the artifical inflation because of the poor fa/trade market, poor draft class, and all the draft needy teams. If they were thinking about cashing in on an investment this would be the year

others- What others? Jets can't dump Sanchez because of his contract, then who Flacco? If the Ravens don't keep him they are in even worse shape next year. Flacco is an average QB but he good enough to hel them win

may dump sanchez anyway. but i dont think any team woudl want him other than as a backup for low money

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pretty oBvious that if Kapernick plays well Smith couLd easily go to the highest bidder way before anyone even considers Mallett. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Whats teams do you think will take a QB round 1? Thats a heavy investment considering how weak the class is.

Flynn, Vick, Smith, Moore should all be available.

Cle, Arz, Buf, Phi, Oak, KC, Jax are the only teams that I think would consider a QB in the 1st round. NYJ is borderline, but they have a lot of money tied up to Sanchez for this season and have a ton of other needs too. OAK is also borderline, I figure they'll go to Pryor first if they give up on Palmer.

I don't see where you think 5 QBs could be taken. You're not going to spend a 1st rounder for a backup unless he's an elite talent.

i did  athread on the possibilites wqeeks back and one on the dratr thread maybe illl do another. yo may think they may be a abckup. they may be a backup,. but teamas haver to risk in order to try to become top teams. no top qb, no top team. look at wash.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There's no way in blue hell Cleveland gives up the 6th pick overall for our selection and Mallet. None. Lombardi would be run out of town if Mallet doesn't turn into a pro bowler overnight - and a guy that has never started an NFL game is not going to do that.

The only thing we have working in our favor on this, is that Washington wasn't afraid to give up the farm to position themselves to select RG3 (and it looks like a great move), however Mallet is no RG3.

There are examples of things like this happening before...Wolfe sending a second to Atlanta for Favre and Pioli sending a second for Cassel, but Favre was a second round pick himself and Cassel started (and played well) for a year, plus we had to throw in Vrabel.