I Sort Of Like This

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: I Sort Of Like This

The only people it seems who think that the game is motivation enough are the ones who aren't playing or haven't played. All the pros I here talk about it say that, yes, avenging a loss or hearing dumb comments are a factor in motivation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Motivation is kind of a silly thing to point out when we're talking about the Super Bowl. Anyone that has played sports knows that motivation/anger lasts maybe 10 minutes if channeled properly. As soon as someone punches you in the mouth or the stomach, it's all conditioning, talent and preparation...things I think the Pats have. I imagine the first 10 minutes (unless there's a broken play) will show both teams destroying the run...the type of situations where you line one guy up in front of the other and let some of that aggression out. After that it's who is better prepared, conditioned and talented.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: I Sort Of Like This:
    [QUOTE]San Jose newspaper. 80% of mediaheads nationally are openly rooting for the Giants. If your team chokes this down, you will never hear the end of it. Your arrogance will be remembered for years later, regardless.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is 80% but you are right the media has a giant connection to NYC and it is overwhelmingly rooting for their home team. Think of it this way...there are 14 million people in the NYC metro area and they are all betting for the Giants and as a result the spread is only 3 points. That really means that the spread should be much higher and the good bet is for the Pats and give the points.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

31-17 Pats. This is shaping up to be a blow out. Too many Giants are over confident and too many pundits are saying it will be really close.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tom may not need the extra motivation but it most certainly raises his emotional level of play. The most recent example was when Brady destroyed the Broncos three weeks ago after all the Tebow talk.

He always gets up for the games against the loud-mouthed Jets. Remember the first game against them this year? Even though the Patriots won 30-21, Brady stormed off the field immediately after the game because he didn't achieve his mission to embarrass them.

Now the Giants are being loud-mouthed. I am sooo looking forward to this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Let's face it, the ony people rooting for the Pats are people who live in New England, and whatever diehard Pats fans live elsewhere.   If you're a fan of any other team, you're rooting against the Pats.  (Think of how a Pats SB win at Lucas Oil would sit with the good people of Indy).  It's a combination of jealousy for the Pats relative dominance since 2001 and feigned indignation over the Spygate BS.

As a long time Pats fan, I'm kind of amused over the Pats now being seen as Godzilla, or the evil villains everyone loves to hate.  Here's hoping we can extend a giant upraised middle finger to the rest of the country on Sunday night.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: I Sort Of Like This:
    [QUOTE]San Jose newspaper. 80% of mediaheads nationally are openly rooting for the Giants. If your team chokes this down, you will never hear the end of it. Your arrogance will be remembered for years later, regardless.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

He won't be around to take his verbal lashing.