I still believe in Bill Belichick!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

I still believe in Bill Belichick!

I know the 4th and 2 decision, will be a scar on Belichick's career for a while, but i still believe in him.

He made a tough decision, thats what coaches do, the pats came up inches short, thats why football is often called a game of inches. If the pats get that 1st down they win the game, if they dont get the 1st down they most likely loose the game, he put the ball in Brady's hands and it didnt work out this time. I still think the patriots outplayed the colts and i feel confident about the pats chances providing these teams meet again in the playoffs.

With all the criticism BB is goin to take this week, I feel like the pats are goin to rally around him and become closer, reminds me of the spygate situation back in 07' when that was a main storyline heading into the Chargers game.

The pats havent lost back to back games since 06', i expect that trend to continue this week.

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Re: I still believe in Bill Belichick!

In Response to I still believe in Bill Belichick!:
    [QUOTE]I know the 4th and 2 decision, will be a scar on Belichick's career for a while, but i still believe in him. He made a tough decision, thats what coaches do, the pats came up inches short, thats why football is often called a game of inches. If the pats get that 1st down they win the game, if they dont get the 1st down they most likely loose the game, he put the ball in Brady's hands and it didnt work out this time. I still think the patriots outplayed the colts and i feel confident about the pats chances providing these teams meet again in the playoffs. With all the criticism BB is goin to take this week, I feel like the pats are goin to rally around him and become closer, reminds me of the spygate situation back in 07' when that was a main storyline heading into the Chargers game. The pats havent lost back to back games since 06', i expect that trend to continue this week. thoughts?
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]
    agree, it wasn't like the play was an abosulte failure. It wasn;t executed cleanly and the indiana refs gave teh colts an early present. I would rather have a coach with balls (although that was pretty stupid) than to have a passive coach COUGH CARROLL COUGH. You take the good with bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Yet, the defense still choked...as usual!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I still believe in Bill Belichick!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I still believe in Bill Belichick! : agree, it wasn't like the play was an abosulte failure. It wasn;t executed cleanly and the indiana refs gave teh colts an early present. I would rather have a coach with balls (although that was pretty stupid) than to have a passive coach COUGH CARROLL COUGH. You take the good with bad
    Posted by nepatsfan523[/QUOTE]

AGREE!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

I was loving the ballsy call at the time; it was a pure adrenaline fueled "all in" wager that is rarely scene in today's overly computerized and numbers driven game.  BB and Tom bet on their offense's maturity (versus their defense's relative youth).  The downside of coming up short is having to explain to everyone why you did the unthinkable by not punting.  What a high risk versus reward bet!  I loved Tom justifying the whole thing in his post-game remarks.  He gloated in having a coach who believed in him and let him live or die by his gunslinging skills.  Losing stinks, but I believe that we'll be even stronger come year's end as our relatively young defense matures and Tom is even further down the healed-knee trail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I still believe in Bill Belichick!:
    [QUOTE]I was loving the ballsy call at the time; it was a pure adrenaline fueled "all in" wager that is rarely scene in today's overly computerized and numbers driven game.  BB and Tom bet on their offense's maturity (versus their defense's relative youth).  The downside of coming up short is having to explain to everyone why you did the unthinkable by not punting.  What a high risk versus reward bet!  I loved Tom justifying the whole thing in his post-game remarks.  He gloated in having a coach who believed in him and let him live or die by his gunslinging skills.  Losing stinks, but I believe that we'll be even stronger come year's end as our relatively young defense matures and Tom is even further down the healed-knee trail.
    Posted by jhb2[/QUOTE]

BB made the right call on fourth down. The burned TOs were bad calls. The ref did not call it right on that fourth down play.

It was clear they got first down, which means it was a gutsy call that worked. One clip showed Faulk had possession before his first foot landed. Another clip showed where he was relative to the first down line when he landed. That said, even if BB did not run out of TOs, it's the type of play that officials would not reverse, given the setting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

Blah Blah Blah...BB failed as he has since the SB in '07. Actually since '04.  Brady can't close a game out. The end.