I thought it was just against us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

I thought it was just against us

Good lord, I'm watching the Colts-Texans game and just saw the most B.S. pass interference call I've ever seen.  Running stride for stride, no contact, pass wasn't catchable, and a PI call on Houston.  Even the announcers couldn't "find" one.  It will be interesting to see if that makes the ESPN highlights - cause that one folks was the very definition of phantom call.

Oh and for you Colts fans, I'm not talking about the one in the end zone - that definately was PI - it was the long bomb prior to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawop. Show frankdawop's posts

Re: I thought it was just against us

Colts get the calls, get used to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's ridiculous, when will the NFL fix this.  PI needs to be reviewable, they gave the Colts 7 points.  The refs have swung the momentum of this game it's just bad football.

It's not just the Pats, the Chargers, the Steelers and Houston are very aware of the freebies the Colts keep getting.  Somehow even though everyone else sees a problem the competition committee never sees a problem.  I wonder who runs the competition committee?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to I thought it was just against us:
    [QUOTE]Good lord, I'm watching the Colts-Texans game and just saw the most B.S. pass interference call I've ever seen.  Running stride for stride, no contact, pass wasn't catchable, and a PI call on Houston.  Even the announcers couldn't "find" one.  It will be interesting to see if that makes the ESPN highlights - cause that one folks was the very definition of phantom call. Oh and for you Colts fans, I'm not talking about the one in the end zone - that definately was PI - it was the long bomb prior to that.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

What kills me is that they only call it one way.

If they're going to call ridiculous pass interference calls, CALL IT BOTH WAYS.

The Colts bump receivers downfield with impunity.  The contact made on Moss by the cornerback on Brady's interception was no better than the contact made by Butler on Austin Collie, but only one call was made (against the Patriots in favor of the Colts).

The Colts OWN pass interference calls.  If you're playing them, you have to know that they'll get a few free calls and you won't get any PI calls.  You also have to know that you'll almost never win the penalty battle against them.

It is what it is.  I like the fact that the Texans are hitting Manning (although I bet the next call is roughing).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

It is obvious that anytime the Colts need to come back in a game all they need to do is throw a deep pass and they will get the PI call. How can this keep happening. Manning makes me sick with his whiney cry baby face.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I thought it was just against us : What kills me is that they only call it one way. If they're going to call ridiculous pass interference calls, CALL IT BOTH WAYS. The Colts bump receivers downfield with impunity.  The contact made on Moss by the cornerback on Brady's interception was no better than the contact made by Butler on Austin Collie, but only one call was made (against the Patriots in favor of the Colts). The Colts OWN pass interference calls.  If you're playing them, you have to know that they'll get a few free calls and you won't get any PI calls.  You also have to know that you'll almost never win the penalty battle against them. It is what it is.  I like the fact that the Texans are hitting Manning (although I bet the next call is roughing).
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Didn't they already call roughing against the Texans in the first half?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : Didn't they already call roughing against the Texans in the first half?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Yes they did. They also called a penalty on the Houston interception return that cost the Texans about 30 yds and a first down around the Colts 10 yd line.. It was a side block above the waste and wasn't helmet to helmet. It was a clean block on Dalas Clark who was persuing the DB that intercepted the ball. The Kiss @$$ anouncers of course said it was a good call because Clark was "DEFENSELESS". I've been shaking my head all game.

I actually have money on the Colts and I'm sitting here routing against them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : Yes they did. They also called a penalty on the Houston interception return that cost the Texans about 30 yds and a first down around the Colts 10 yd line.. It was a side block above the waste and wasn't helmet to helmet. It was a clean block on Dalas Clark who was persuing the DB that intercepted the ball. The Kiss @$$ anouncers of course said it was a good call because Clark was "DEFENSELESS". I've been shaking my head all game. I actually have money on the Colts and I'm sitting here routing against them
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Do I even want to watch this game later?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : Yes they did. They also called a penalty on the Houston interception return that cost the Texans about 30 yds and a first down around the Colts 10 yd line.. It was a side block above the waste and wasn't helmet to helmet. It was a clean block on Dalas Clark who was persuing the DB that intercepted the ball. The Kiss @$$ anouncers of course said it was a good call because Clark was "DEFENSELESS". I've been shaking my head all game. I actually have money on the Colts and I'm sitting here routing against them

One wonders how can he be considered "defenseless."  A turnover occurred, thus changing possession, thus making him a defender/potential tackler.  Defenseless? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : Do I even want to watch this game later?

You're just going to get Pi$$ed. It's going to be a blow out and everyone is going to say that a couple of calls don't change the game but if you watch the beginning of the 3rd quarter the momentum just starts changing with these calls. You might want  to watch it to gather ammunition to use against Underdoggg when he defends the calls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : One wonders how can he be considered "defenseless."  A turnover occurred, thus changing possession, thus making him a defender/potential tackler.  Defenseless? 
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said..He was pursuing the player and trying to make a tackle. It was clean block above the waste.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : You're just going to get Pi$$ed. It's going to be a blow out and everyone is going to say that a couple of calls don't change the game but if you watch the beginning of the 3rd quarter the momentum just starts changing with these calls. You might want  to watch it to gather ammunition to use against Underdoggg when he defends the calls.

From following the play-by-play, the momentum definitely changed with the gimme TD for the Colts.

Apparently even the announcers are talking about the calls being a joke. It isn't really a secret anymore. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : From following the play-by-play, the momentum definitely changed with the gimme TD for the Colts. Apparently even the announcers are talking about the calls being a joke. It isn't really a secret anymore. 

The anouncers kept looking at the replay and after a few times they came to the conclusion that the refs must have been looking at some hand contact. Complete BS anyway as the ball was overthrown by a country mile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought it was just against us : The anouncers kept looking at the replay and after a few times they came to the conclusion that the refs must have been looking at some hand contact. Complete BS anyway as the ball was overthrown by a country mile.

I don't think the refs were actually watching from the sound of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

If not for pass interference the Dolts would never drive down the field......I dont think Ive ever seen a scoring drive by them without one or two PI flags...yet they NEVER get called for it.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Peyton's been blowing big games since I was in middle school. And now I'm 27, I'm he will follow suit this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lsulifer86. Show lsulifer86's posts

Patriots fans, STOP BEING SO PARANOID. *EVERY* team in the NFL is penalized when they play the Colts, not just NE !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots fans, STOP BEING SO PARANOID. *EVERY* team in the NFL is penalized when they play the Colts, not just NE !
    Posted by lsulifer86[/QUOTE]

Exactly,and we're complaining that Houston got Skrewed today..By the way, it's not Paranoia if it's real.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think either of the calls cost either the Pats or the Texans the game, but I still think the discrepancy in pass interference calls in the Colts favor is gross and egregious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think either of the calls cost either the Pats or the Texans the game, but I still think the discrepancy in pass interference calls in the Colts favor is gross and egregious.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'll say this much. If you're betting on the games it's a nice little piece of inside info to have. It's almost funny, your watching the game and expecting it to happen. I would have been surprised if it didn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It pretty obvious that the Colts are one of the softest teams in the league and they need all the help they can get from the refs to keep their winning streak going. Of course you will not see a discussion of the Colts favorable calls from Trey Wingo or Schlereth on NFL live or any other show. The Colts are the "chosen" and the NFL will do everything in it power to make sure that the Colts will either see 16-0, or dare I say it, 19-0. This is ridiculous!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why isn't anyone talking about that TD for Titans taken away !!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltsbabe4ever. Show coltsbabe4ever's posts

Stop your cryan you bunch of babies! We beat you fair and square. I have never met a bigger bunch of whiners.

Your coach cheats when ever he gets a chance and your complaining about about a call. We are the best team and when this year is over we will be the
    Best Team Ever!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Folks, and you think this is pi**ing you off??!!

Wait until the Colts actually arrive at 16 - 0, and heaven forbid, get through the playoffs and get to the SB at 18 - 0!!  The record books will not reflect how the Colts got through an undefeated season.  No matter how many calls they get, how many come from behind victories they get, (and the Pats are in that sorry bunch to have blown 4th quarter leads to the Colts), it won't matter to the media because the halo wearing Colts may match the Patriots in finishing a regular season undefeated.  And, who do you think will get MUCH BETTER positive press when they do and how much of America will pull for them to run the table all the way?  Shields up, Pats fans!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Yes, We know most of the facts...Polian and formerly Dungy as well on the Competition Committee overseeing Rule Changes and overseeing NFL Officials, The strange oddity of these subsequent rule changes fashioned in a highly coincidental and similiar format fitting the Indianapolis Colts' style of Game Play, The Indianapolis Colts ALWAYS, year after year after year, for a Decade remaining in the bottom tier of teams (sometimes dead last) in Total Penalties and Penalty Yardage called by the Officials, ALL through countless personell, team, and game changes while EVERY other NFL Franchise jumps all around the Board for these 2 stats...

Yes, We've heard pretty large descrepancies such as How The Colts haven't had a Defensive Penalty against The Pats for 8 straight quarters AND even larger ones like how the Pats have had more Penlties than the Colts in 10 of their last 12 matchups since this decade began....BUT NOW...

I Have Finally Tacked Up The GRAND TOTAL in PENALTY and PENALTY YARD Differential in The Colts/Pats Matchups since this Decade Began:
    (for Indy Fans out there, That's the 2000 Season)

The Indianapolis Colts have 50 Penalties for 404 Total Yards...

The New England Patriots have 72 Penalties for 662 Total Yards...

~Just over 10 matchups=Just under 1 and 1/2 TIMES More penalties and MORE Than 250 Extra Penalty Yards...something just doesn't make sense.  Again and again, over and over We keep seeing the same thing...It keeps going, just as this differential keeps on growing...