I Warned About This

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I Warned About This

When Austin Collie and a failed QB turned kick returner turned wideout are the best receiver options, there is no hope.  There is only so much Tom Brady can do.

Amendola had zeo catches for Chrissakes.

This off-season, the most overrated GM of all time had better go shopping and bring in some real targets for Brady.  If Brady can go this far with the current bunch of losers, imagine what he could do with a couple of NFL quality receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: I Warned About This

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

When Austin Collie and a failed QB turned kick returner turned wideout are the best receiver options, there is no hope.  There is only so much Tom Brady can do.

This off-season, the most overrated GM of all time had better go shopping and bring in some real targets for Brady.  If Brady can go this far with the current bunch of losers, imagine what he could do with a couple of NFL quality receivers.

Although I agree with Brady having no weapons in (yesterdays) game.....

Are you calling the 3 WRs Bellichick went out and got last year busts already? Don't you think that Dobson, Thompkins & Boyce deserve more of a chance? None of them even played a full season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you calling the 3 WRs Bellichick went out and got last year busts already? Don't you think that Dobson, Thompkins & Boyce deserve more of a chance? None of them even played a full season.

[/QUOTE]

Brady had zero weapons this season!  To count on three rookie wide receivers to make an impact early is a hugh mistake by the GM.

How many rookie receivers make an impact their first season.....u can count them on one hand.

That is not to say in a year or two those same three receivers could be very good but by then Brady will have retired. The prudent decision by the GM would have been to bring a quality fa receiver ( Amandola is not the answer ) allowing the young receivers to t develop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hopefully Kraft finally smarten up and changes the GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The rookies stink, cut them all and start from scratch.  The Pats don't need another Chad Jackson or Brandon Tate scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With the incredible lack of receivers Brady had this season, any of them could have stepped up and earned big time targets.  Instead they ended up injured or awful.

Stop using Tom Brady's field as the practice squad.

Tompkins:  32 catches on 73 targets, 4 TDs.  Big whoop.

Boyce:  9 catches all season.  Who cares about this guy?

Dropson:  37 catches on 74 targets, 4 TDs.  Big whoop.

It was so bad yesterday that Brady had to throw to Matthew Slater and his pathetic tight ends. 

The GM is a joke.  His criminal draft pick leaves a hole in the roster and, because he has so much dead money from previous busts, he has to go on the cheap to fill it with jesters like Sudfeld.  The refusal to pay Welker and subsequent signing of Amendola prove that Belichick's ego has taken a front seat while the good of the team rides in the back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Once again, you are willing to cut 3 rookies without playing a FULL season? Really?

Just how many rookies come out of college in The NFL and make a huge impact anyway?

2-3 per year through out the entire NFL?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Can everyone please admit that the plan was Gronk #1 target, Hernandez #2 Target, Aemndola #3 Target, and edelman #4 target going into the season?

If they had those 4 guys healthy - guess what?  You are reading about how Seattle hopes to stop  the patriots.

The Pats would have gone 15 - 1 and played yesterday at home.

The margin for error is tiny in teh NFL - and unfortunately they made a HUGE mistake when they invested in a convict and a kid who gets hurt every 3 days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think once again the playoffs are about defense and I'll continue to believe the Pats need to keep fixing their D....and in a big way..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can everyone please admit that the plan was Gronk #1 target, Hernandez #2 Target, Aemndola #3 Target, and edelman #4 target going into the season?

If they had those 4 guys healthy - guess what?  You are reading about how Seattle hopes to stop  the patriots.

The margin for error is tiny in teh NFL - and unfortunately they made a HUGE mistake when they invested in a convict and a kid who gets hurt every 3 days.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, other than Gronk being constantly injured, AH being accused of murder, Amendola being hurt and ineffective and Edelman being a midget....

BB had a brilliant plan.

If only those little things didn't go wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, other than Gronk being constantly injured, AH being accused of murder, Amendola being hurt and ineffective and Edelman being a midget....

BB had a brilliant plan.

[/QUOTE]

So when the Patriots had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola signed, Edelmann, Vereen, Ridley, +3 rookie WRs  - you would have spent more money and traded more draft picks to add another high priced WR?

That's just idiotic.

The plan exploded starting with Hernandez arrest, Gronk's chronic no play, and Amendola's severe injury. 

You don;t recover from that when the draft has already happened and you are in the pre-season.

There is no 24 hour All Pro WR store to drive to.

You can argue that BB should have known Hernandez was a murderer and Gronk will never play a playoff game - but you'll be lying.

If the Pats had either a healthy Gronk or a healthy Convict playing TE yesterday - they would have won.  If they had both - they would have played at home and won in a blow out.

Things happen.  It was a miracle this team didn;t finish 8 - 8

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Once again, you are willing to cut 3 rookies without playing a FULL season? Really?

Just how many rookies come out of college in The NFL and make a huge impact anyway?

2-3 per year through out the entire NFL?

[/QUOTE]

If cutting them isn't the best plan, the practice squad is.  These guys were garbage this year.  The entire receiving corps was garbage.  The only semi-bright star was Edelman.

Tom Brady turned a failed QB turned kick returner into a semi-decent receiver.

Imagine what he could do with professional, NFL quality receivers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB had a brilliant plan.

[/QUOTE]

So when the Patriots had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola signed, Edelmann, Vereen, Ridley, +3 rookie WRs  - you would have spent more money and traded more draft picks to add another high priced WR?

That's just idiotic.

The plan exploded starting with Hernandez arrest, Gronk's chronic no play, and Amendola's severe injury. 

You don;t recover from that when the draft has already happened and you are in the pre-season.

You can argue that BB should have known Hernandez was a murderer and Gronk will never play a playoff game - but you'll be lying.

If the Pats had either a healthy Gronk or a healthy Convict playing TE yesterday - they would have won.  If they had both - they would have played at home and won in a blow out.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and that miracle is called Brady.

You're another one I'm sick of listening to stupid worthless drivel from.

You're never going to see another Lombardi with BB as GM. Ignored.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you consider Gronk and Hernandez "NFL quality receivers?"

Because that is where the problem starts.  The Patriots DID pay those guys.  They did commit and go against their reputation for being cheap. 

Hernandez screwed the team.  Gronk and Amendola can't stay healthy.  That was teh problem.

You don't think BB and Tom Brady knew they had an offensive weapons problem when Hernandez, Gronk, and Amendola were out?  Only you noticed this?

At that point there is no solution except:  compete.

It's a miracle they made the AFC championship and you are whining about WRs.  Like there was a solution in September? 

Who should they have acquired in September?  Larry Fitzgerald?

Grow up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

compared to Denver ......  all their receivers except Welker are big and fast.   Brady missed throws.  The line missed blocks.... Guys dropped balls ...  The refs screwed up some penalties.   McD's playcalling sucked.  ONe big  suckfest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because that is where the problem starts.  The Patriots DID pay those guys.  They did commit and go against their reputation for being cheap. 

Hernandez screwed the team.  Gronk and Amendola can't stay healthy.  That was teh problem.

You don't think BB and Tom Brady knew they had an offensive weapons problem when Hernandez, Gronk, and Amendola were out?  Only you noticed this?

It's a miracle they made the AFC championship and you are whining about WRs.  Like there was a solution in September? 

Grow up.

[/QUOTE]

Gronk's injury problems didn't arise in September.

Hernandez's thug problems didn't arise in Septebmer.

Both of these players being missing are, in part, due to the GM not being able to judge durability or character.

To answer your question:

EVER HEARD OF MAKING A TRADE?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What we witnessed yesterday was a popgun offense, a bush league ticky tack, no threat, no chance squad that was lucky to of been where they got under the circumstances. You can thank BB the coach and Tom Brady the QB for that. Every pass play yesterday was not just a simple drop back - no no - but a fake, a redirection, a illusion...why? Because it was neccesary to try to confuse on every play because our receivers cant just run down the field and get open - they are not good enough for that...they are not big enough for that...they are not fast enough for that - instead we had to confuse the Broncos into thinking we were doing something else. The problem is....you can only run or pass in the NFL, the Broncos knew, it was no surprise that we couldn't start up Kraft's Bentley and drive over their defensive line or get in his helicoptor and fly over their secondary...we had to run or throw. We couldn't do either.

Now the Broncos defense was supposed to stink - rusty told me this all season - that their GM was terrible and that they were in "Salary Cap Hell"...they lost Dumervil, Wolfe was down with injury (good player by the why...not sure how they could of acquired him without BB the GM telling Elway to select him), Miller was out, they lost their best corner last week. Hey?! Is John Elway the best GM of all time?? They also lost the best left tackle in football in September, yet their backup played well all season on their way to the best passing offense in league history, how did Elway do that?? The kid even destroyed - and I mean destroyed - Chandler Jones yesterday. Then I watched one of their no name defensive tackles blow right past our 40 million dollar guard and basically ruin our chance at a comeback...was that Brady's fault? The GM's? Or is Elway the "best GM of all time"?

I'm kidding about Elway being the best GM, it's kind of a example of how most of these GMs do...they get good players, they miss on some players, they have good streaks, they have bad streaks, they get fired, they are analysts for a few years, then they get rehired somewhere else. The only GM that has been able to avoid all that is BB, why? Because he is the best coach in the NFL and he has Tom Brady. Kraft can't fire the guy, if he did he'd be losing the best coach in the NFL. And believe me Kraft would love to fire the GM that conviced him to hand over 45 million to Aaron Hernandez and look like a fool in the process...you can bet on that.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm kidding about Elway being the best GM, it's kind of a example of how most of these GMs do...they get good players, they miss on some players, they have good streaks, they have bad streaks, they get fired, they are analysts for a few years, then they get rehired somewhere else. The only GM that has been able to avoid all that is BB, why? Because he is the best coach in the NFL and he has Tom Brady. Kraft can't fire the guy, if he did he'd be losing the best coach in the NFL. And believe me Kraft would love to fire the GM that conviced him to hand over 45 million to Aaron Hernandez and look like a fool in the process...you can bet on that.  

[/QUOTE]

Kraft might as well let BB walk. He isn't going to win a SB with him as GM, so what's the point of keeping the best coach?

At least if he brings in a smart GM and a decent HC he has a -shot at a SB while Brady is still around.

BB might even win a SB if he went to a really good team. But as GM he would slowly let it decline.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Grow up.

[/QUOTE]

Gronk's injury problems didn't arise in September.

Hernandez's thug problems didn't arise in Septebmer.

Both of these players being missing are, in part, due to the GM not being able to judge durability or character.

To answer your question:

EVER HEARD OF MAKING A TRADE?

[/QUOTE]

Walk me through that trade.  The roster problems happened after the draft.  Would you look to see if one of your 3 WR rookies could play or make a trade?

they still had amendola and gronk coming back - Amendola didn't go down until Sept.

they still had Vereen and Ridley.  Do you hang in and wait for Gronk? 

Or make a trade.

Walk me through the trade.  How many WRs were traded by anyone to anyone during pre-season over the last decade? 

But walk me through it - who do you trade for whom?

You are just staing the obvious - that the Patriots lack WR weapons and thinking you are saying something smart.  It isn't smart - it is OBVIOUS.

The reasons are not because no one in the front office is smart about football; they got screwed by Gronk and Hernandez.  That blew up the plan.

If Gronk was healthy - the Patriots would have had an excellent chance of winning yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Greatest GM of All Time should be able to make a trade for a good receiver.

I'm not him.  Who knows who might change teams for whom.  There are plenty of other teams out there.  Send rookies.  Send picks.  Send Gronkowkski.  Get someone who can catch the damn ball and play all of the games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

That's just idiotic.

Stop making so much sense man!!....some posters don't understand it. LOL

Yep, let's get rid of BB...guy just sucks.

Yup, Hern was his fault, all the injuries were his fault too......oh and let's cut all 3 rookies after all that extensive playing time they got... they are all busts......what a disaster Bellichick is.

This board is amazing some days.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand if you have hope for Dobson.  But why would you pretend that Thompkins and Boyce will amount to anything? One of them is an undrafted free agent and the other is a 5th round pick I believe.  You know there probably is a reason why Thompkins went undrafted?

We had Brandon Lloyd come in last year and be a 1000 yard receiver despite being only the 4th or 5th option for Brady. This year he  would have been our 1st or 2nd option.  Yet some of you have hope in Boyce or Thompkins?

Isn't that what people said about Brandon Tate?  Taylor Price? Tiquan Underwood?  Chad Jackson?

Come on, really?   Is this what Brady should feel good about?  Maybe also give him hope that Mulligan will become the next Jimmy Graham? Patriots missed on so many good receivers in the draft, it is depressing.  They have not drafted a pro-bowl WR in the Belichick - Brady Era.  The last great WR they drafted was Deion Branch in 2003!

The last tall physical WR  the Patriots drafted for Brady was ............ never!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't think it matter when they were drafted, or where they came from. Not one of those 3 WRs has been given a reasonable chance. If we see the same by the end of next year, then yes, we keep looking. Calling rookies that didn't even play an entire year busts is wrong in my opinion. Sorry, just not ready to give up that easily. I do understand with our poor WR drafting history that people have limited patience here.

Personally, I think free agency is the way to go here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think it matter when they were drafted, or where they came from. Not one of those 3 WRs has been given a reasonable chance. If we see the same by the end of next year, then yes, we keep looking. Calling rookies that didn't even play an entire year busts is wrong in my opinion. Sorry, just not ready to give up that easily. I do understand with our poor WR drafting history that people have limited patience here.

[/QUOTE]

They were given plenty of chances.  They blew it time and time again.  Butter fingers, bad routes, and a lack of ability lead a waiver wire guy, blocking tight ends and a failed QB turned kick returner getting targeted during the AFCCG.

If Belichick can't find a good receiver in the draft, why would he be able to find one in the free agent pile? 

Best GM ever.  What a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They were given plenty of chances.  They blew it time and time again.  Butter fingers, bad routes, and a lack of ability lead a waiver wire guy, blocking tight ends and a failed QB turned kick returner getting targeted during the AFCCG.

If Belichick can't find a good receiver in the draft, why would he be able to find one in the free agent pile? 

Best GM ever.  What a joke.

[/QUOTE]

The joke is you saying to cut rookies after not even playing a full year. Nobody does that.