I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN

As far as I'm concerned, winning 3 superbowls in a 4 year span means I won't question Bill B or complain about him running the team or anything for 20 years.  Period.  Heck, I would feel that way if he had won ONCE.  3? Yeah.  So, there is where I am (proudly) at.  I think he is great, and given the right mix he will do some more.  Period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN

good for you, but sports is a what have you done for me lately industry and even though I think BB is the best coach in the league I don't think he's a great GM and I think he's spreading himself to thin trying to also mentor O'Brien as the OC and running the DC job too.

Now if hiring a DC for him and making some personal moves to improve player acquisitions would cause BB to leave then I wouldn't do it, but if they could hire a DC and some new player acquisition personal that would improve the situation and take the load off BB then by all means because BB needs helping in the draft, FA, and to take some load off of him also planning the DC. BB was at his best when he had the right people to stand up to him and take some of the load off. I want the BB of 01-05 not the BB of 07-10 and that's done with a good DC and the right player acquisition personal to alleviate some of the burden on BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Titles don't matter.  It doesn't matter if we have someone called GM or someone called defensive coordinator.  Creating some fancy new positions with those titles has nothing to do with whether BB is stretched too thin.  We have no idea who has what responsibility on the team other than that BB has the final say on everything, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]Titles don't matter.  It doesn't matter if we have someone called GM or someone called defensive coordinator.  Creating some fancy new positions with those titles has nothing to do with whether BB is stretched too thin.  We have no idea who has what responsibility on the team other than that BB has the final say on everything, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

DC and GM aren't new fancy titles and in the SB years BB had a DC and a GM. Now they are just titles but they also carried a large portion of the load that clearly BB is trying to do himself. Much like a vice president and a manager are just titles but both have much different responsibilities. You can tell that by the change in philosophy in both player acquisition and in defense schemes since Crennel (05-present) and Pioli left.

BB is clearly spread to thin and the team hasn't been the same since he took on all the responsibility. Adding a couple of people to take some of the tasks off of his shoulders will make him more effective. Why is that so crazy of a thought?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

everybody knows how hard it is to get to the SB right?....some teams still are waiting........this guy put us in contention almost every  year....yes, we lose..and it stinks...but we are always in the running..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ok let me try again.  On a football team you can have people who scout and evaluate talent, people who coach and gameplan for offense and defense, and you can call them whatever you want and give them whatever responsibilities you want.  I'm pretty sure BB knows the best way to run the organization, and that no matter what titles you gave anyone the Pats would still occasionnally lose a game.  Let's find another area to nitpick please. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]everybody knows how hard it is to get to the SB right?....some teams still are waiting........this guy put us in contention almost every  year....yes, we lose..and it stinks...but we are always in the running..
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

When you say this guy, you must mean Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN.  Bill Belichick has taken this team to THREE Superbowl Titles.  BEFORE he got here, they had amassed a grand total of ZERO.  So, he can do whatever the heck he wants to for 20 years from the date he arrived, as far as I am concerned.  I DONT CARE.  HE EARNED MY UNDYING DEVOTION, AND HE IS GETTING IT RIGHT THE HECK NOW.  Period.  You can gawk and squawk all you want to, but the man can do WHATEVER HE WANTS as far as I am concerned.  Period.  END OF STATEMENT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Ok let me try again.  On a football team you can have people who scout and evaluate talent, people who coach and gameplan for offense and defense, and you can call them whatever you want and give them whatever responsibilities you want.  I'm pretty sure BB knows the best way to run the organization, and that no matter what titles you gave anyone the Pats would still occasionnally lose a game.  Let's find another area to nitpick please. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Lets nitpick the D because that is what has failed us and the unbalanced O.

Lets face it the O hasn't been the same since Weiss and McDonald left and the D hasn't been anywhere close to where it use to be when Crennel was here. We also haven't had the same drafts and FA pick ups since Pioli has left. Call them whatever you want but BB is spread thin and doesn't have the proper staff to support him. And, I feel that BB is part of the reason for it BUT I wouldn't want any other coach

You can not tell me for one second you'd prefer this O over the 03' or 04' O's and you can't tell me we've had a good D since Crennel left. You also can't tell me that the drafts have been better since Pioli left (we've had more picks but less impact players). I'm not knocking BB at all but he does need help and people to occasionally stand up to him and not kiss his butt saying everything is ok because it isn't. Our O can't always put up 30 points, esp against playoff D's and our D might be the worst in the BB era. We might win a playoff game this year but there is no way we win the SB unless the D drastically improves and the O becomes less predictable

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Rank your top 10 GMs.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Kevin Colbert Pit
    Ozzie Newsome Bal
    Mickey Loomis NO
    Ted Tompson GB
    Scott Pioli KC
    Buddy Nix Buf
    Rick Smith Hou
    Jerry Reese NYG

Beyond that the other GM's don't really stand out for either FA signings or draft picks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN.  Bill Belichick has taken this team to THREE Superbowl Titles.  BEFORE he got here, they had amassed a grand total of ZERO.  So, he can do whatever the heck he wants to for 20 years from the date he arrived, as far as I am concerned.  I DONT CARE.  HE EARNED MY UNDYING DEVOTION, AND HE IS GETTING IT RIGHT THE HECK NOW.  Period.  You can gawk and squawk all you want to, but the man can do WHATEVER HE WANTS as far as I am concerned.  Period.  END OF STATEMENT.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

In BB we trust

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's not even about trust anymore.  If he totally destroys the team, and goes 1-16, I will say the same thing.  It's based on what he already did.  I remember having NO shot at beating the mighty Rams, and he figured out a way to do it.  JUST that one was all it took for me.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

For all this talk about GM's, the draft and what is going wrong - I'd like to say that Belichick has made some mistakes, but in truth they all have. Pioli at one point this season was being hammered in KC. Polian is now generally considered a bum. Ozzie Newsome may have the best track record, but he has failed miserably at finding a QB and it's not like they're in the Super Bowl every year. Ted Thompson has built something, but it's been a slow and methodical pace that has been criticized for that. Whoever is really responsible in Pittsburgh (Kolbert) is pretty darn good most of the time (heck they win every year, with all sorts of guys coming an going. 

My point is it's a crap shoot, and you really need to have a great QB and coach to make up for personnel mistakes...which we have. Some of the people I listed above my be better at it, but they don't have Brady or Belichick - which may speak volumes of how good they are at it.  

I do think this team has some serious issues on defense, that shouldn't be there when you consider how many draft picks we've stock piled over the last few years. Also we've been so fiscally responsible that you'd think that a big name defensive player who was young, would of been added to the roster by now.

I really don't know who's to blame, is it fate or luck of the draw? With the draft it very well could be, but there's no one I'd rather have than Bill. I do question some of his draft moves, but I'll never question him as a coach or overall football mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]As far as I'm concerned, winning 3 superbowls in a 4 year span means I won't question Bill B or complain about him running the team or anything for 20 years.  Period.  Heck, I would feel that way if he had won ONCE.  3? Yeah.  So, there is where I am (proudly) at.  I think he is great, and given the right mix he will do some more.  Period.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I am on the record for being unhappy with Bill Obrien, but I couldn't agree with this post more. Nobody else in the league I would rather have as coach or Gm for this team then Bill Belichick.

Just because we have not won a SB since 04 does not mean we have not been one of the best teams(if not the best) in that time frame. Enough with the BB is a terrible GM and blah blah blah. The man has built a dynasty that has continued for a decade.(last year 14-2 right?) Yes playoffs are all we care about, but only because Bill Belichick gave us the opportunity to appreciate that type of a  winning culture.

The fact is, it's not easy to win in this league, and BB, Kraft and staff have given us the best team of the decade and probably the best team ever. We are 5-2. Nothing is "ruined" we don't "suck" and Bill Belichick is not, "hurting" this team. Wake up moles. Your watching a dynasty.

Now run the football and lets kill the Giants.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]For all this talk about GM's, the draft and what is going wrong - I'd like to say that Belichick has made some mistakes, but in truth they all have. Pioli at one point this season was being hammered in KC. Polian is now generally considered a bum. Ozzie Newsome may have the best track record, but he has failed miserably at finding a QB and it's not like they're in the Super Bowl every year. Ted Thompson has built something, but it's been a slow and methodical pace that has been criticized for that. Whoever is really responsible in Pittsburgh (Kolbert) is pretty darn good most of the time (heck they win every year, with all sorts of guys coming an going.  My point is it's a crap shoot, and you really need to have a great QB and coach to make up for personnel mistakes...which we have. Some of the people I listed above my be better at it, but they don't have Brady or Belichick - which may speak volumes of how good they are at it.   I do think this team has some serious issues on defense, that shouldn't be there when you consider how many draft picks we've stock piled over the last few years. Also we've been so fiscally responsible that you'd think that a big name defensive player who was young, would of been added to the roster by now. I really don't know who's to blame, is it fate or luck of the draw? With the draft it very well could be, but there's no one I'd rather have than Bill. I do question some of his draft moves, but I'll never question him as a coach or overall football mind.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Good post mthurl. We all get mad and we question things, try and figure out what can make us better or what makes us worse, which is why we are fans. When its all said and done though, Coach Belichick gives us the best chance to win. Always has and always will, right up to the day he retires.

Go Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't know who's to blame, is it fate or luck of the draw? With the draft it very well could be, but there's no one I'd rather have than Bill. I do question some of his draft moves, but I'll never question him as a coach or overall football mind.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

This is my point. I completely question the personal decisions and not having the proper support for BB but at the end of the day I wouldn't want anyone other then BB as coach.

I don't understand how saying I believe BB is hurting himself by stretching himself to thin and we'd be a better team if we had better player acquisition personal and a DC who can some of the load of BB is somehow blasphemies.

Has it really gotten to the point where if you even question the player acquisition staffs ability or that the D has not been the same since we've had a stable DC that somehow you are a fair-weather fan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Do what you wish.  BUT I SAY AGAIN I won't do it.  I owe him more than that.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm going to come back here every time I read some stupid thread and just say to myself that I don't want anyone fired, replaced, killed, folded, spindled, or mutilated.  I'm good with the New England Patriots.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"Go look at other teams' drafts. The grass is usually not greener."

Is it me or does the league look watered down this year? Every team has major flaws. Every team except the Packers have at least one embarassing loss. This bodes well for our Patriots as they usually play their best football later in the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the problem isnt the drafts- the problem is that the patriots need to run the ball on every down and they just arent doing it- tom brady hands off better than any quarterback in the league and they are letting this great talent go to waste

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN : You don't know what you're talking aboiuut on this topic.  Pioli left in 2009, Dimitrioff to Atlanta. From 2008 through 2009, it's true BB hit a bump by taking a hit to the infrastructure, but Floyd Reese and Caserio have done an outstanding job sealing the infrastructure (how BB structures this) in the scouting and personnel department. I could see this argument or concern much more so in 2009 or even 2010 with the aftereffcts of the picks, but the substance to your premise just isn't adding up. Go look at other teams' drafts. The grass is usually not greener.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Im just going to watch the games, and try to enjoy the wins and deal with the losses.  I am not going to be a closet GM, analyst, or Coordinator, much less HC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I'm not sure BB would not be with us with what the offense is doing and is not pushing Brady and Obrien in his own way to change things a bit.

I have no idea who drove the changes and adjustements to the O that have been made since the 2007 SB vs Giants, the loss to the Ravens, JEts.. . how many were driven by coach Belechick?

My tendency is to think he sees all that is going on, likes his offense staff but can only bring them along so fast and has limited ability to make in game adjustments for the offense. But that is speculation...

I only know one thing, the offense rips most teams but plays on a very slim margin...if a D can cross what I call an agressiveness threshold they can shut down the offense...the difference from one game to the next with the same personell could be 20 points. The offense has not yet developed an answer to the overagressive D but will need to or the Pats will not go anywhere in the playoffs. (again)