I Will Take 25-35 MPH Winds (Gusting to 40) Over Joe Flacco's Deep Ball....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I Will Take 25-35 MPH Winds (Gusting to 40) Over Joe Flacco's Deep Ball....

Any day.

Contain Rice and it is over.

Weather is a real *****.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: I Will Take 25-35 MPH Winds (Gusting to 40) Over Joe Flacco's Deep Ball....

Given how the passing game for the Ravens is dependent on "home run" type passes, a windy day hurts them.  That is what most folks talks about is how accurate he is on deep pass plays and he certainly had his fair share last week and against the Pats.  If that is the case, the Pats D will definitely have to concentrate on containing Ray Rice as he is not only a good runner, but, a great dump off target and YAC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Too much wind and cold cuts into everyone's passing game. I do not know about you but I do not want to take TB out fo the game. So gusts to 15 are fine. Gusts of 25 and over are not in our interest.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Too much wind and cold cuts into everyone's passing game. I do not know about you but I do not want to take TB out fo the game. So gusts to 15 are fine. Gusts of 25 and over are not in our interest.

Totally agree - I think in the end it hurts us more. The Ravens can cover and every pass needs to be pretty darn perfect. This is the type of game where people will bash Brady because he won't just be able to stand back there and fire off ten yard completion after ten yard completion, with ease. We will probably see him have to hold onto the ball longer and he may take some sacks - or heaven forbid throw it into the dirt to save turnovers. The Brady haters will go nuts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

A real windy day is what I hope for.  Flacco's deep ball is a moon ball.  It has no chance of success in 20+ mph winds.  Brady's ball has far less arc, regardless of distance.

Also, TB has more weapons with the short game (WW, AH, Vereen, etc.) and is far better at throwing swing passes, screens, etc.

The wind is the 12th man Sunday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

yeah, the last time peeps were asking for craappy weather - I think was the 49ers game. Guess what happened?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

A real windy day is what I hope for.  Flacco's deep ball is a moon ball.  It has no chance of success in 20+ mph winds.  Brady's ball has far less arc, regardless of distance.

Also, TB has more weapons with the short game (WW, AH, Vereen, etc.) and is far better at throwing swing passes, screens, etc.

The wind is the 12th man Sunday.

I agree we have more short area weapons and Brady throws a nice tight spiral with velocity, but I've seen Flacco play live, he has a lot of drive in his passes too...plus a better running game than ours. There has been a lot of talk about him throwing more to his right and I've got to admit the game I saw him play in, he did throw exclusively well to his right. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Weather.com is forecasting 20 mph westerly winds around game time. Weather should not be an excuse for either team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Given how the passing game for the Ravens is dependent on "home run" type passes, a windy day hurts them.  That is what most folks talks about is how accurate he is on deep pass plays and he certainly had his fair share last week and against the Pats.  If that is the case, the Pats D will definitely have to concentrate on containing Ray Rice as he is not only a good runner, but, a great dump off target and YAC.

If Houston had understood earlier how to most effectively use Marian Foster, we might have seen an entirely different game.

The Pats and Ravens are old friends. Harbaugh isn't going to make the mistakes Gary Kodiak made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

yeah, the last time peeps were asking for craappy weather - I think was the 49ers game. Guess what happened?

STs decided to suck?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

+1,000!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

What happened is the crappy weather didn't come, LOL!!!

All we got was a little rain; none of the snow and sleet that had been forecasted that would have made the field slippery and the footing tough. Bad footing is kryptonite for aggressive defenses.

Still, the Pats had a legitimate shot at winning the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I just want a wall of wind every time Flacco throws a deep ball. Is that too much to ask?