Identity Crisis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Identity Crisis

I watched the Dolphins-Jets game and I realized that I was at the very least watching two teams who knew who they were.

Jets - aggressive defense, aggressive coaching decisions (fake punt TWICE), outspoken, running offense with selective passing, try to help the new franchise QB develop

Dolphins - Wildcat, QB doesn't make mistakes, two RB's and some seriously legit run blocking

I watch the Patriots and I'm still wondering who they are.  Things I've seen:
    -They're forcing fumbles at a surprising rate.  They forced three yesterday and had a fourth blown dead
    -They deflect passes a lot...
    -... but they don't come up with interceptions (1)
    -Their offense has two Pro-Bowl receivers...
    -...decent pass-blocking 97% of the time...
    -...no running game...
    -...and a future Hall of Fame QB who is still recovering

I'm not really sure who the Patriots are.  2001 was about "bend, don't break" and rallying around Bledsoe's injury.  2003 was about proving that they were legitimate and not a fluke.  2004 was about defending their title and protecting their house (remember the Homeland Defense T-Shirts, anyone?).

This team is about... not rushing the passer, yet still defending a lot of pass plays and tipping the passes, then not coming up with interceptions... about laying the wood on Eddie Royal, then getting a taunting penalty immediately thereafter... yet still coming up with big 3rd-and-short stops and forcing fumbles

When the carousel stops and this team decides on something, I hope it's "PHYSICAL DEFENSE," not "enigmas/underachievers"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Identity Crisis

Would somebody please respond to Nick's thread.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it's not the team that has an "identity crisis."

Inclusion . . .
     it's not just a river in Krackalackistan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

This is the "revenge year" The year we take revenge out for 07 and take 4 SB's to close the decade. We do it with an experienced pass first offense who will get on the same page and post numbers like 07. We do it with a young opportunistic defense that stuffs the run and creates turnovers and plays mistake free ball.

We do it by playing Patriot football 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I agree that the offense has no indentity, but I think that the defense has much more of a "bend-don't-break" philosophy NOW than in past years. We have a lot of new players on defense, and this might be a good approach until they develop a rapport with each other.

Don't feel bad about weak response to your post. I can sympathize. Sometimes you feel like you've come up with an awesome one, and people just ignore it. On the other hand, sometimes we go on and on about stupid stuff. Go figure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It appears that the best way to ensure that your thread generates a lot of posts is to take the theme of an already-existing thread, post the exact same thing under a slightly different heading, and watch the lemmings jump off the cliff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Identity Crisis:
    [QUOTE]It appears that the best way to ensure that your thread generates a lot of posts is to take the theme of an already-existing thread, post the exact same thing under a slightly different heading, and watch the lemmings jump off the cliff.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that this involved a 3rd receiver or firing someone in the front office.