If Big Changes Are Not Made, WE may not Make the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

If Big Changes Are Not Made, WE may not Make the playoffs

we have more talent than anyone in teh league on offense. and good d except our backlfield.

teh jets should have won this game.

if bb doesnt see josh sucks and several other changes needing to be made after this game, he never will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: If Big Changes Are Not Made, WE may not Make the playoffs

Im beginning to wonder if this team is worth a playoff spot. What's going to happen there? We will get no pass rush and any ANY quarterback will pick this defense apart for scores. Then everyone will just blame Brady. I will say I tnought Brady wasn't very good today - he was good, just not very good - and he has to be outrageously good to win with this defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im beginning to wonder if this team is worth a playoff spot. What's going to happen there? We will get no pass rush and any ANY quarterback will pick this defense apart for scores. Then everyone will just blame Brady. I will say I tnought Brady wasn't very good today - he was good, just not very good - and he has to be outrageously good to win with this defense.

[/QUOTE]

so maybe in the long run, may have been better if we lost this game AND didnt make the playoffs?

deficiencies we refuse to address (josh, bb def backfield personnnel moves) more chance of getting addressed AND beter draft picks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

We will win the division no matter what - because we are in the weakest division in th eNFL.

But this team as currently configured will not win a playoff game.

1.  They need to recreate a blitzing defense.  They should be blitzing 15 - 20 times a game.  BB hasn't blitsed in 6 seasons.

2.  The play calling pipes

3.  Lloyd is a horror show.  Bring in a couple of FA WR who are fast - work them out this week and during the bye.  Maybe you get lucky and find lightning in a bottle.  But get rid of Lloyd.  He is worse than the last guy who wore 85.

4.  Look at Rodgers and Brees - they are so much better than Brady it isn't even funny.  Brady has played TERRIBLE all year. 

5.  Gronk is no longer a force - just a good player. 

6.  The offense still needs to center on Welker

7.  BB is lost out there as a coach.  Looks like Chuck Noll circa 1985 - 1991  (Mediocre)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Trent  Dilfer, after  the  game  said, 'These  two  teams  just  aren't  very  good."  I  agree.  The  offense  is  way  too  predictable.  And  the  D  gives  Sanchez  328  yards.  If  the  PATS  don't  make  some  significant  changes, Houston  and  San  Francisco  are  gonna  spank  us.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so maybe in the long run, may have been better if we lost this game AND didnt make the playoffs?

deficiencies we refuse to address (josh, bb def backfield personnnel moves) more chance of getting addressed AND beter draft picks?

[/QUOTE]

No, don't mind me, I'm just pissed about this game and our defense. I just feel like we are wasting the remaining years of Brady's career - that's the way it looks to me. To much emphasis on getting value all these years has left us with a defense that has been rebuilt into the worst in the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, don't mind me, I'm just pissed about this game and our defense. I just feel like we are wasting the remaining years of Brady's career - that's the way it looks to me. To much emphasis on getting value all these years has left us with a defense that has been rebuilt into the worst in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

i hear ya. thanks for saying.

re:I just feel like we are wasting the remaining years of Brady's career - that's the way it looks to me.:

i felt and said that 2 years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will win the division no matter what - because we are in the weakest division in th eNFL.

But this team as currently configured will not win a playoff game.

1.  They need to recreate a blitzing defense.  They should be blitzing 15 - 20 times a game.  BB hasn't blitsed in 6 seasons.

2.  The play calling pipes

3.  Lloyd is a horror show.  Bring in a couple of FA WR who are fast - work them out this week and during the bye.  Maybe you get lucky and find lightning in a bottle.  But get rid of Lloyd.  He is worse than the last guy who wore 85.

4.  Look at Rodgers and Brees - they are so much better than Brady it isn't even funny.  Brady has played TERRIBLE all year. 

5.  Gronk is no longer a force - just a good player. 

6.  The offense still needs to center on Welker

7.  BB is lost out there as a coach.  Looks like Chuck Noll circa 1985 - 1991  (Mediocre)

[/QUOTE]

This list is hilariously off-base, as far as I'm concerned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I  could not disagree with the premise of this thread more! I have been extremely critical of this team especially the defense, but the chances of the Pats are almost guaranteed of making playoffs. The AFC is terrible this year. There maybe 4-5 teams in the NFC better than the Texans. With the all of the Ravens injuries, the Patriots are now probably the second best team in their conference. 

Even if the managed to play at their worst for the rest of the year, 9-7 could easily win the AFC East this year. 

There are a lot of places to improve, by the league, the conference and their schedule are all in their favor. Do I think they are capable of winning a Super Bowl playing the way they are right now, no, but they could easily get there...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

We lead the league in scoring. I agree that our 4th qtr offense has been lack-luster, but at the end of the day, we stil get more points per game than any other team in the league.

We have other problems to fix before we fix out offensive scoring problems, I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I  could not disagree with the premise of this thread more! I have been extremely critical of this team especially the defense, but the chances of the Pats are almost guaranteed of making playoffs. The AFC is terrible this year. There maybe 4-5 teams in the NFC better than the Texans. With the all of the Ravens injuries, the Patriots are now probably the second best team in their conference. 

Even if the managed to play at their worst for the rest of the year, 9-7 could easily win the AFC East this year. 

There are a lot of places to improve, by the league, the conference and their schedule are all in their favor. Do I think they are capable of winning a Super Bowl playing the way they are right now, no, but they could easily get there...

[/QUOTE]

i often agree with you,

re"I  could not disagree with the premise of this thread more"

we were given 6 presents in this game and barely won by a hair to a poor jets team and you dotn think it s posible we coudl miss the playoffs.

what our play has showed me is we have the potential to lose every game of the season going forward, mind you we have the talent to at least make teh afc championship.

do not underestimate the coaches on this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think a good pass rush would really help our secondary.  The secondary played well at times today, but other times people were wide open by ten yards or more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is the dumbest thread ever.  The team played like garbage, but can we at least celebrate a win for 5 minutes before we complain.  SMH.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the dumbest thread ever.  The team played like garbage, but can we at least celebrate a win for 5 minutes before we complain.  SMH.

[/QUOTE]

this is teh dumbest post ever.

why woudl you repond to th dumbest thread ever....?

be smart, just leave it alone

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

we have more talent than anyone in teh league on offense. and good d except our backlfield.

if bb doesnt see josh sucks and several other changes needing to be made after this game, he never will.

[/QUOTE]

You are the most negative person on this board.  Watch the NFL.  Games usually come down to the wire.  Just be glad NE beat a division rival in a huge regular season game.  This team will be a serious contender this year.  Oh yeah...the word "the" is spelled t-h-e.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

It's a win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are the most negative person on this board.  Watch the NFL.  Games usually come down to the wire.  Just be glad NE beat a division rival in a huge regular season game.  This team will be a serious contender this year.  Oh yeah...the word "the" is spelled t-h-e.

[/QUOTE]

yeah its called dyslexia.

yes i can be glad we "won"

observing happenings in a game, team or season, i dont call being negative. if you do, good for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Bru: I agree with much of what you say and my feeling is the same as Mthurl above except that I'll add that the O' Playcalling especially toward the end was horrible. Natural Vibes about the team do mean alot and that comes from watching the Pats for a long time. Some of those Vibes were felt each time I saw McDaniel and Brady Talking on the sidelines and Brady did not seem impressed at all and frankly did not look much interested...just a feeling but I think I'm right.

Some of those call were just plain stupid especially 3rd and long etc..... Frustrating to watch!

The good vibe I had was that I felt the old Brady has returned and was going to lead us to tie the game...:-)))

But I think your talking future changes but what do think we can do NOW. Perhaps Give Brady autonomy on the calls more, he has the feel of his team and opponent during games? Yes, the D'stop at the end won it along with 29 points which should have been plenty to take out the Jets easily.

Again, 'needless penalties' on the d'backs giving Jets 1st downs ...needless like they do'nt know better .... :-((((  Lots of room for improvement. A big W is good nonetheless and the Jets go home feeling like we did last week ...

Have a good nite

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bru: I agree with much of what you say and my feeling is the same as Mthurl above except that I'll add that the O' Playcalling especially toward the end was horrible. Natural Vibes about the team do mean alot and that comes from watching the Pats for a long time. Some of those Vibes were felt each time I saw McDaniel and Brady Talking on the sidelines and Brady did not seem impressed at all and frankly did not look much interested...just a feeling but I think I'm right.

Some of those call were just plain stupid especially 3rd and long etc..... Frustrating to watch!

The good vibe I had was that I felt the old Brady has returned and was going to lead us to tie the game...:-)))

But I think your talking future changes but what do think we can do NOW. Perhaps Give Brady autonomy on the calls more, he has the feel of his team and opponent during games? Yes, the D'stop at the end won it along with 29 points which should have been plenty to take out the Jets easily.

Again, 'needless penalties' on the d'backs giving Jets 1st downs ...needless like they do'nt know better .... :-((((  Lots of room for improvement. A big W is good nonetheless and the Jets go home feeling like we did last week ...

Have a good nite

[/QUOTE]

good comments palookaski,

and re: "Perhaps Give Brady autonomy on the calls more, he has the feel of his team and opponent during games?"

yes i agree and said this in the offseason.

josh i see as teh biggest limit to what this team can and will do this year. 

if he turned it around or was fired or brady called his own calls, we would have a mcuh better chance.

thanks for the intelligent input.

peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree strongly. The AFC is really week this year. It's wide open. I would not be surprised to the Steelers back on top near the end. The Jets played really good today while the Pats were mediocre but the Pats still won. This happened a lot while winning super bowls so I can live with it but back then the defense usually got the stops when it mattered.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree strongly. The AFC is really week this year. It's wide open. I would not be surprised to the Steelers back on top near the end. The Jets played really good today while the Pats were mediocre but the Pats still won. This happened a lot while winning super bowls so I can live with it but back then the defense usually got the stops when it mattered.

[/QUOTE]

i agree re: steelers...they know how to win, top qb and coach...counting them out is never a good idea

[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is the Steelers so far are playing sloppy again tonight but I still feel that they are the deepest team in the AFC when healthy. I actually figured them as the super bowl favorite in the AFC last year before making Tebow look like Manning. The Pats usually play the Steelers tough but last year the worst game of the year for the Pats was the Steelers game. The final score was closer than the game. The Steelers seemed to control that game from the start. The super bowl was two sloppy teams (2 week layoff hurts I believe) who were equally matched but the Pats were slightly more sloppy and lost.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts