IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

I'm with prolate I don't want to see this distraction around the team....we got sh it to do next year!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

a 7th round pick in the year 2666.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?:
    [QUOTE]Handfull of Dryer Lint
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

That makes great use for getting fires started, so no I wouldn't want to give up that much for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?:
    [QUOTE]I can see a number of reasons why BB would be willing to trade for Tebow, maybe not as a QB, but at least as a TE/HB hybrid or something. McDaniels drafted him, BB and Brady are pretty high on him. If the asking price wasn't too steep I could see us going for him. I was wondering what people thought the compensation would have to be for us to trade for Tebow.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

He averages something close to $7 mil per the next two seasons. No way NE (or anyone) gets a decent return for that. Wait until he gets cut, and he will, and then people can bid on him for the gate value at QB or else as a TE/FB.

NE won't trade for this guy though. It makes zero sense. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Any chance Tebow could be converted to another position? Say, TE? He could be a beast as big as he is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The problem is $7m per year.  At that price, Denver can absorb the cap hit for all New England cares.  How about Denver continues to pay the guy's signing bonus, New England pays out maybe $4m per year, and a sixth rounder from 2013?

Tebow would be a change-of-pace quarterback.  Pull Brady (ooh that hurts to say, how about "pull Brady's successor"?) and put Tebow and three tight ends in on third and 1, on first and goal from the 3, or late in the fourth quarter when everyone in the stadium knows that the Pats are going to run.  Some teams that are more vulnerable to the run may see a bit more Tebow.  Then Tebow runs or rarely passes for the first down or TD.  Part of Tebow's value on the field is simply to drive defenses wild, and to give defenses one more nightmare to prepare for, which cuts back on their regular planning schedule.

I think Tebow would then be worth $4m in salary cap space to the team.

"Most likely, Tebow winds up as a reserve in a place like New England or New Orleans, where a clever coach can find ways to use him, giving Tebow fans something to savor while not damaging locker room chemistry."-- Les Carpenter, Yahoo Sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Any chance Tebow could be converted to another position? Say, TE? He could be a beast as big as he is.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

He looks like a fullback, but I'm not sure he's a great blocker or that he has good hands.  He can run okay, though.  

He has CFL QB written all over him . . . might make more money there than at NFL fullback too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : He looks like a fullback, but I'm not sure he's a great blocker or that he has good hands.  He can run okay, though.   He has CFL QB written all over him . . . might make more money there than at NFL fullback too.   Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE] Be hilarious if he came here and turned into a pro bowl TE or fullback. I'd love to see it happen, hes a great guy to have on the team. I like the guy, I'm just not sure about his future as a QB in the NFL. You may be right about CFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?": Be hilarious if he came here and turned into a pro bowl TE or fullback. I'd love to see it happen, hes a great guy to have on the team. I like the guy, I'm just not sure about his future as a QB in the NFL. You may be right about CFL.

I have nothing against him, but I worry he'd be a distraction (not his fault, necessarily, but his fans are overly devoted to him making it hard to put him on the bench when he needs to be benched).  I wouldn't bring him here unless I were 100% certain he was going to play like Gronk.  But he's never played TE before, so I guess I'd just not bring him here . . .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : I have nothing against him, but I worry he'd be a distraction (not his fault, necessarily, but his fans are overly devoted to him making it hard to put him on the bench when he needs to be benched).  I wouldn't bring him here unless I were 100% certain he was going to play like Gronk.  But he's never played TE before, so I guess I'd just not bring him here . . . Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE] That's the rub. I think he's physically capable of being a good TE, but you'd have to trade for him first before you could find out for sure. Ive always kind of thought Kordel Stewart's career was ruined when he stopped being "slash" and moved to full time qb. Tebow could be a reverse, ruined by starting at qb when he could have gotten further as something else. But no one had the foresight or courage to give it a full bore try.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I think Denver will have a hard time dumping him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Let me pray about it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

and use him for a running back?  Surely not as QB with Mallett (and maybe Hoyer) on the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It would be interesting if he went to the CFL and had success.  The parallels to Doug Flutie would be striking.  The entire time Flutie was in Canada the true believers felt it proved he just needed a chance.  The same thing might happen with Tebow.  Both are/were polarizing players.  You either love(d) them or think they are/were overrated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : Nope!  Don't want him in NE.  Actually hope he goes to the CFL.  Been sick of hearing about him for 6 months now.  Ugh!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    ===========================
    CFL is a great idea.  Takes the crack pipe away from the media ho's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?": That's the rub. I think he's physically capable of being a good TE, but you'd have to trade for him first before you could find out for sure. Ive always kind of thought Kordel Stewart's career was ruined when he stopped being "slash" and moved to full time qb. Tebow could be a reverse, ruined by starting at qb when he could have gotten further as something else. But no one had the foresight or courage to give it a full bore try.

The NFL is just not a running QB's league.  Passing is way too complex and important in the NFL game, so that's where you need your QB to focus.  If your QB is a great passer but also has NFL-level running skills, that's nice icing on the cake, but the way offenses work, you won't want him running all that much anyway because you don't want to risk the injuries and--let's face it--you probably have a running back who's better at running anyway. Most of the QBs who run a lot do so because they have only borderline NFL throwing skills.  That's the case with Tebow.  It was the case with Slash too.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

nothing more than a 7th round draft pick. If they were to use a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick for him I think that I would snap.. I really do..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : =========================== CFL is a great idea.  Takes the crack pipe away from the media ho's.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

TEBOW . . . 

Here             Here
            No!            Yes!
             |      |
             |      |
    \ /     \ /
     :      :

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Can he play DB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no his contract would be too big for a bench warmer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Where does the Tebow story come from anyways? It wouldn't make any sense because they look to have their future QB in Mallet and Tebow just isn't a good QB at all. The only way they could use him would be to take snaps away from Brady and use Tebow in short yardage or the red zone. None of that would make sense either and I couldn't imagine BB subbing for Brady, plus Brady would be pissed. Tebow would be the distraction that BB doesn't want or stand for. 

He has no place to play here and not even the lowest round draft picks would be worth giving up to trade for him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan23325. Show patsfan23325's posts

tebow would be a 2-3 play situational player in our system, is that worth a draft pick, and if you did get him BB is not going to carry 4 QB's on the roster so who are you going to get rid of? Mallet, dont think so, hoyer? maybe but BB just tender him a 2nd rounder. I think we should be concentrating on the defensive side of the ball, like upgrading safety, corner, and pass rusher. but BB makes the choices so he will do what he feels id best for the team, but i am not in favor of it, like my vote has any bearing on it anyway

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

How about they give us $20M and Tebow doesn't come.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

OK lets have some facts:
    Where ever he has played there were people who said he could not.
    He has always won where ever he played.

His religion is not a factor except in the eyes of the media.
    It was the media who injected the fact that he is an evangelic and has done mission work just like his parents. The media is the one that brought out the "Tebowing' thing. However not one of the media ever said anything about other players who bent on one knee after a TD or point to the sky and say Thank You before Tebow or at the same time. Tebow has never pushed his religpus thoughts on any one. Why for the past 20 years did no one say anything about the group prayer of players in the middle of the field after every game?????

I also could see him as a H back or TE.
    However I could also see him under the correct guidance becoming a very good QB. Maybe after 2 ot 3 years as Jd and Brady's student he could be the one.

Some one mentioned he should go to the CFL like Flutie. OK Flutie was voted #1 CFL in a poll awhile ago and maybe Tebow could be as good.
    However Flutie was a very good QB in the NFL has a 37-28 record as an NFL starter, including a 22-9 record in home games. His record in Buffalo was 12-4. In SD for a very bad team was 7-14.
    He once was said to be inch for inch the best QB of his time. So if Tebow does that I'd have no problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

He can play HB, FB, TE, Hyper Back...