If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.

The subject line says it all. If Brady goes down on injuries for any reason this year for any length of time the Patriots will be out the playoffs once more. The Pats have no reliable back-up QB.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.

We didnt think we had one last year either, In BB we trust

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

We didnt think we had one last year either, In BB we trust

Well put. Cassel looked pretty bad last preseason. Most of us here would have bet our paycheck he would not make the final 53. But once again, Bill proved he knows more that we do! If Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer could win SBs, it's not impossible to think one of our backups could do the same. The defense would have to step up, though. But the defense will need to do so for them to win it all even with Brady back. Had the defense been able to stop two late drives (in 06 and 07), there would be five trophies in the case right now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.:
    [QUOTE]We didnt think we had one last year either, In BB we trust
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you but I see a hugh difference from last year to this.  BB did not bring in a back up QB last year despite all the despair because presumably he thought Cassell was ready and he did not want to shake his confidence.
    This year he's already brought in one and is reportedly looking for another. 
    Unless this preseason is some diabolical plan by BB to make the other teams believe that KO s ucks, then he does! 
    I have no idea what's wrong with him but dirt balls and throwing to the wrong color jerseys is not acceptable.  Looked more like a game of Dodge Ball!
    Maybe J.E. should start taking reps!  Couldn't hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up. : I don't know about you but I see a hugh difference from last year to this.  BB did not bring in a back up QB last year despite all the despair because presumably he thought Cassell was ready and he did not want to shake his confidence. This year he's already brought in one and is reportedly looking for another.  Unless this preseason is some diabolical plan by BB to make the other teams believe that KO s ucks, then he does!  I have no idea what's wrong with him but dirt balls and throwing to the wrong color jerseys is not acceptable.  Looked more like a game of Dodge Ball! Maybe J.E. should start taking reps!  Couldn't hurt.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I agree in getting rid of Occonnel, as after only one year and a training camp he's barely been around long enough to start learning a complex I'm not sure what the answer is, but carrying four QBs is difficult. Andrew Walter doesn't exactly give me much hope as a back-up, as in four years in Oakland he was 22-49 for about 200 yards. The Pats front office needs to be combing the NFL for a solid back-up, possibly keep Occonnel, give him more reps, also give Walter more rep to see what his potential is and may the best QB win. One of the two has to go unless they are willing to cut their rookie QB.

I do not agree with another commentary. MICHAEL VICK is a great athlete, but would not be the answer for the Pats. Brady is our starter, and Vick will want to start at some point this year. Watch Phillie as a QB controversy will develope this year. Despite how good McNabb has been over the years, the minute he starts looking human, the Phillie writers and fans will be on his back. 

Hetchinspete.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

[QUOTE]We didnt think we had one last year either, In BB we trust
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

agreed, people are really quite dumb.  amazing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to If Brady is injured this year the Patriots have no reliable back-up.:
    [QUOTE]The subject line says it all. If Brady goes down on injuries for any reason this year for any length of time the Patriots will be out the playoffs once more. The Pats have no reliable back-up QB.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Not many teams do.....but normally if a team loses their starter (MVP) QB, they normally don't win 11 games and miss the playoffs.....