If Clausen falls, time to trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If Clausen falls, time to trade?

I've heard on both 98.5 and WEEI that the Pats have targetted only a couple players for #22. It looks like a very real possibility that Clausen starts falling like his other ND counter part Brady Quinn. Teams in the early second who could move up and grab a QB would be KC (depending on how they feel about Cassel), Browns, Buff, Oak, Denver.

Would you be disappointed if any of these trades should happen to come calling at #22

Buff - #41, 1st next year
    Denver - #43, #45
    Oak - #39, #69, 2nd next year
    Clev - #38, 1st next year
    KC - #36, #50

Now for reference the Quinn trade was for a #36 pick and a 1st the next year to move up to #22 so asking for 2 2nd's or a 2nd and 1st next year wouldn't be out of the question. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayhawk. Show Jayhawk's posts

Re: If Clausen falls, time to trade?

In Response to If Clausen falls, time to trade?:
    I've heard on both 98.5 and WEEI that the Pats have targetted only a couple players for #22. It looks like a very real possibility that Clausen starts falling like his other ND counter part Brady Quinn. Teams in the early second who could move up and grab a QB would be KC (depending on how they feel about Cassel), Browns, Buff, Oak, Denver. Would you be disappointed if any of these trades should happen to come calling at #22 Buff - #41, 1st next year Denver - #43, #45 Oak - #39, #69, 2nd next year Clev - #38, 1st next year KC - #36, #50 Now for reference the Quinn trade was for a #36 pick and a 1st the next year to move up to #22 so asking for 2 2nd's or a 2nd and 1st next year wouldn't be out of the question. 
    Posted by PatsEng

Depending on who's available at the spot I'd be hesitant to do anything that didn't include multiple second rounders this year or a first next year. As deep as this year's draft is, the talk is next year's is that shallow. Makes sense, since many of the top underclassmen came out to avoid a potential rookie wage scale. So in order of preference I'd say:

Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Denver

I don't think KC would be in the market for Claussen at this point and the package from Oakland doesn't do it for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I do believe a team will pick a QB at 22 via a trade with the Pats but the QB picked will not be Clausen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jayhawk - I agree with the draft next year. It will be very weak but they are also saying the top 10 talent in that draft is going to be better then anyone in this draft. If Clev or Buff offers me a 2nd this year and their 1st next year I take it. Think about the possibilityof having 2 top 10 picks next year with a rookie cap in the range where there s some real elite talent (and what might be the only talent in the draft)

The again I would find it mind blowing funny if we could get #43 and #45 from Denver. I would just burst out laughing friday night when they annouce that the Pats are on the clock then the Pats are on the clock then the Pats are on the clock followed by a 1 pick break followed by guess who the Pats again.

Pats7393 - you might be right it might be Tebow they trade for but I think Jax will pull out all the stops for him and I don't see them having the right ammo this year to get to #22