If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?

In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Who exactly has Peyton Manning beaten? Why is it when the Patriots beat up on bad teams people always say "you haven't beaten anyone yet", What team did the Colts face?  Colts' competition: Jacksonville, Phins, Cards, Seahawks, Titans, Rams, 49ers. Competition's win % =  42% Patriots competetion:  Buffalo, Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Broncos, Tennessee, Buccs.  Competition's win % = 43%  We've faced the same level of competition, the Saints and Colts are undefeated so the media has a huge man-chrush on them.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

I've been saying for weeks that the colts' opponent's redords are pitiful.  Before last week their opponents were a combined 1-30 but the media seems to have an obama-like slobbering love affair with manning and the colts, so they're just never criticised.

Worse still, the media still insists on ranking them #1 in the "power rankings" despite their cupcake opponents.

That being said, there's more to MVP than simply racking up yards. At this point in the season, tommy might be the comeback guy of the year but MVP? NFW. Brees is an awesome QB. Pinpoint accuracy, a strong arm, and a 7-0 record is MVP material. Brees is on a par with the elite QBs in the league, manning, brady, rivers and rapelisberger, IMHO.

We're lucky to have the high level of QB play we have out there right now in the NFL. This is the best crop of QBs I've ever seen in the league and I've been a football fan since the bart starr/paul horning era.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg: You are the most full of sh-- poster I have seen on any site. You come off railing others for their bias, you even have it in your quote, yet every answer turns back into why your love man p manning is the man for you. Every time! Then you jump on Brady, who you see as your lovers rival with out giving one cent of respect. Brady is a HOF QB and you say " In 2003 NE had the #1 defense in the NFL in pts/game.  Indy was 20, Ten was 13.  With all the credit you give Brady, you'd think Belichick did not field a defense.  Tom Brady's words:  "I wouldn't want to play our defense". Brady was a star that year, give him his due ya mook.  Manning is a great QB, no question. He is deserving all of the praise. These sites are to discuss the battles between two teams and who might win, (have a little fun) not to hump your QB's leg. Just once post a response that does not drip of love for Manning and you might gain a little respect here..
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Don't sugar-coat it Bill, give it to him straight! Right on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Who cares is the real question. I want to beat the Phins thats what I want. Stats and MVP awards can be left for guys like Manning I just want to get back to winning championships.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I only care about one award, Super Bowl XLIV logo
    This is the one I want to see Brady and the Pats name on

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]I only care about one award, This is the one I want to see Brady and the Pats name on
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I just thought it might be something of interest to call attention to.  But, I would be more than happy to give another meaningless MVP award to Manning if Brady gets the Lombardi.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg: These sites are to discuss the battles between two teams and who might win, (have a little fun) not to hump your QB's leg. Just once post a response that does not drip of love for Manning and you might gain a little respect here..
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I just fell off my chair picturing that. Too funny!

UD, you can't bring every post on "BOSTON" dc back to Manning. At the end of their careers Brady will be remembered as the better of the two, Maybe that's what gets you upset?? It's all about rings my friend, not stats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't think MVP chatter means as much this early.

After week 12 things will be coming into shape.

Right now, I would have to say Darren Sharper would get my vote. Brees, Manning, Favre, Brady, et al, have tons of weapons. Sharper had signed a one year, low money deal to be the stop gap while Jenkins was brought up to speed.

He has single handedly transformed the New Orleans defense into something respectable (even though not elite). I believe he has won as many games for his team as any other player in this league.

But like I said, I'm waiting until after week 12 to cast a name into the hat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Dont get me wrong I am getting sick and tired of watching the NFL just hand the MVP to Peyton Manning. I mean last year he did not deserve that MVP at all. Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner deserved it but not Manning. The NFL just cant wait to give him another MVP and make him the first guy to ever win 4 MVPs. But the last laugh belongs to Brady cause the NFL can give him 10 MVPs but they cant give him super bowl rings so Brady will still be looked at as the better QB. Stats mean jack sh*t and its time as Pats fans we all start to remember that. None of us used to care about this crap, just winning ball games and thats what we need to get back to. F*ck the MVP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Don't sugar-coat it Bill, give it to him straight! Right on!
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Uncle Alfie: Thanks for the service....

Hey we are all full of sh-- some times but recognizing it is the first step to getting well, I am just trying to help the brother out. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : doggy you did not mention manning?? Have a falling out?
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]
    I guess every team has to have their Leon.  Congrats Gumby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton Manning has been beating up on the dregs of the league. He is in for a rude awakening when he plays the Broncos and the Patriots, the only 2 goo teams on their entire schedule. The fact of the matter is, the league is in the tank for Manning ever since they had to change the rules because Polian was whining. The colts whined so bad that the refs called phantom pass interference calls in the 2006 AFC Chamionship game, costing the Pats their 4th Super Bowl. The league even went as far as aplogizing for the blown calls but the damage was done. They were more concerned about getting Manning a title than the patriots dynasty living on. It's a disgrace how the league plays favorites. And 2007 was the most exciting performance I have ever seen by a quarterback.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]

I think you should remove your tag line, because you are demonstrating that you are weak minded with this post.  Additionally, is there any validity to a whining post when the whining poster brings up the whining of another team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : I think you should remove your tag line, because you are demonstrating that you are weak minded with this post.  Additionally, is there any validity to a whining post when the whining poster brings up the whining of another team?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Are you worried about your position here as king of the whining trolls?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg: You are the most full of sh-- poster I have seen on any site. You come off railing others for their bias, you even have it in your quote, yet every answer turns back into why your love man p manning is the man for you. Every time! Then you jump on Brady, who you see as your lovers rival with out giving one cent of respect. Brady is a HOF QB and you say " In 2003 NE had the #1 defense in the NFL in pts/game.  Indy was 20, Ten was 13.  With all the credit you give Brady, you'd think Belichick did not field a defense.  Tom Brady's words:  "I wouldn't want to play our defense". Brady was a star that year, give him his due ya mook.  Manning is a great QB, no question. He is deserving all of the praise. These sites are to discuss the battles between two teams and who might win, (have a little fun) not to hump your QB's leg. Just once post a response that does not drip of love for Manning and you might gain a little respect here..
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Hold your horses there Gumby.  I guess I should start by saying that I don't care one iota about your respect.  You've demonstrated more clearly than a cloudless night that you cannot, in the slightest, separate yourself from your fandom where I am concerned.  But I will be sure to remember that you think you can speak for everyone on this board. 

You see, since you really don't read all of the posts (just headlines) you don't know that I have indicated how good I think Brady is.  But, of course, you find one comment that is valid about the strength of the pats defense (which was to clarify a response to a comment that Brady beat Manning) and you go apesh*t.  Who has the jones for their QB?  Are you sure it is only me?  Don't answer.  It was rhetorical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Well here is a spin on it that Colts fans won't like. Comparing Manning coming back from minor knee surgery and Brady coming back from basically a knee reconstruction through their first 7 games back.  Brady - 2,032 Yards, 15 TD, 4 INT, 8 Sacks, 65.6% Completion 5-2 Record Manning - 1,754 Yards, 10 TD, 9 INT, 9 Sacks, 61.1% Completion, 3-4 Record Brady is coming back much quicker/better than Manning did.  It usually takes players AT LEAST a full year to recover from a major knee reconstruction such as the one Brady had to undergo.  So, given that information.. Brady isn't 100% and won't be until possibly even next season.  Yet, he is still winning and throwing TD's.  He had a shakey game against Buffalo and had a worse game against the Jets, when he was obviously not comfortable yet.  He wasn't comfortable looking until sometime in the second half of the Falcons game.  Based on that, I would definitely say he is having an MVP-caliber season so far due to how others have struggled to come back from injuries and how he has fared so far coming back from his.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]
    Jason - Brady has been much better than Manning was last year through the 1st 7 games.  Manning had just had his surgeries and missed all of training camp and preseason.  Its understandable. 

But this is exactly why I said if Brady does this year what Manning did through the last 9 last year and the victories can be attributed to him, I think Brady would win the MVP. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : I just fell off my chair picturing that. Too funny! UD, you can't bring every post on "BOSTON" dc back to Manning. At the end of their careers Brady will be remembered as the better of the two, Maybe that's what gets you upset?? It's all about rings my friend, not stats.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    Sam - you're respectful.  Start from the beginning of the thread and then ask who brought it to manning.  Not me.  I just responded.  Talk to your own pat brethren before casting stones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think MVP chatter means as much this early. After week 12 things will be coming into shape. Right now, I would have to say Darren Sharper would get my vote. Brees, Manning, Favre, Brady, et al, have tons of weapons. Sharper had signed a one year, low money deal to be the stop gap while Jenkins was brought up to speed. He has single handedly transformed the New Orleans defense into something respectable (even though not elite). I believe he has won as many games for his team as any other player in this league. But like I said, I'm waiting until after week 12 to cast a name into the hat.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely correct, imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Are you worried about your position here as king of the whining trolls?
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    Not at all dungeons and dragons, not at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?:
    [QUOTE]Through 7 games.. Brady - 2,032 Yards, 15 TD, 4 INT, 8 Sacks Brees - 2,006 Yards, 16 TD, 6 INT, 11 Sacks I'm not sure about the injuries for the Saints, but Brady....  I'm not saying, i'm just saying.... Discussions? Ideas? Opinions?
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Even in the earlier part of the decade when the Pats had no names, Brady was doing the job and winning Championships. The MVP went to Manning even through he had Harrison, Edge and Satruday playing. Manning also beat all kind of records had multiple undefeated starts but no rings - like Brady in 2007.

I don't care about any individual awards only the one team award and that is the Super Bowl Championship.

I am sure Brady and Moss would give up some 2007 records and an undefeated season to have won the Super Bowl.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Who gives a flying ph uck about MVP. Only one trophy matters and you all know what it is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Jason - Brady has been much better than Manning was last year through the 1st 7 games.  Manning had just had his surgeries and missed all of training camp and preseason.  Its understandable.  But this is exactly why I said if Brady does this year what Manning did through the last 9 last year and the victories can be attributed to him, I think Brady would win the MVP. 

UD, this is what gets you in trouble. You always disguise your TB/Pats compliment with a hidden caveat that goes back to your boy.
    Now I could see you if the tables were turned. You'd be saying what happens on the field is what counts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Hold your horses there Gumby.  I guess I should start by saying that I don't care one iota about your respect.  You've demonstrated more clearly than a cloudless night that you cannot, in the slightest, separate yourself from your fandom where I am concerned.  But I will be sure to remember that you think you can speak for everyone on this board.  You see, since you really don't read all of the posts (just headlines) you don't know that I have indicated how good I think Brady is.  But, of course, you find one comment that is valid about the strength of the pats defense (which was to clarify a response to a comment that Brady beat Manning) and you go apesh*t.  Who has the jones for their QB?  Are you sure it is only me?  Don't answer.  It was rhetorical.

Manning humper:

1) You come here and kiss on Manning and then deny it. Please how many times have you been called out for that?

2) No matter what the thread, you bring it to Manning, the color of his eyes and your undying love. (Wait, I hear endless love in the background, quick, start a humpin doggy) 

3) I have seen you sh-- on posters who are just making honest comments about your team and lover.

4) You have no life so you come to the Patriots site and expect love, come on, I have been to the humper dome, I know how nice you all are to Pats fans.

You are good for comedy so you have not been ignored yet..yet

Now please come back and tell me I am wrong and you are just a sensitive NFL fan who wants to chant.....whoops there you go on the leg again, some one get a hose!

I'm a gonna ride you when you are on here like you do manning

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : I think you should remove your tag line, because you are demonstrating that you are weak minded with this post.  Additionally, is there any validity to a whining post when the whining poster brings up the whining of another team?

Why don't you try pointing out what is weak minded about this post. Did the refs not blow two pass interference calls that game that cost the Patriots the game? Did they not formally aplogize for it aftrewards? Why don't you try an actual counterpoint as opposed to insults? Maybe you need to stop sniffing Peyton's jock and realize that the Brady is the best Qb of his generation. As for my tag line, it was directed at you and Leon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : UD, this is what gets you in trouble. You always disguise your TB/Pats compliment with a hidden caveat that goes back to your boy. Now I could see you if the tables were turned. You'd be saying what happens on the field is what counts.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    I understand your point, but has manning ever been that bad over a 7 game stretch in his career save his rookie year.  No.  Why was that?  The surgery and the missing of the entire training camp and preseason. 

Everyone knew why he was bad, this really wasn't in question which is no different than Brady.  If that can't be stated (which btw every pat fan is quick to note about brady) then then problem isn't with me. 

You know the funny thing about Brady is how quickly everyone went to the "he's coming back from surgery" take after his first couple of uneven outings.  In the offseason 90% of the posters here were saying he would not have a transistion period because he was throwing and running in Feb.  I was a troll for saying he would and look what happened. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a gonna ride you when you are on here like you do manning
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Whoa cowboy.  I know what you mean when you talk about me riding manning (which of course is not true), and now you want to ride me the same way??? Yikes. 

I'd prefer it if you could just "quit me".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I'd prefer it if you could just "quit me".

Naahh, you are too easy to squeeze doggy