If Light is Healthy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If Light is Healthy...

Let Sea Bass play RT and let Light get his old spot back.  I figure Sea Bass is better than Kaczur for RT. I think Sea Bass could help with our run game.

Just a thought...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: If Light is Healthy...

In Response to If Light is Healthy...:
    [QUOTE]Let Sea Bass play RT and let Light get his old spot back.  I figure Sea Bass is better than Kaczur for RT. I think Sea Bass could help with our run game. Just a thought...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I'd actually rather see Seabass hang where he is and slide Light over for Kaczur. That side is more important because it's Brady's blind side and a vulnerable spot when there is a good speed rusher across the line.Either way, I'd agree they both need to be starting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If Light is Healthy... : I'd actually rather see Seabass hang where he is and slide Light over for Kaczur. That side is more important because it's Brady's blind side and a vulnerable spot when there is a good speed rusher across the line.Either way, I'd agree they both need to be starting.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Light seems to have lost something but he is better than Nick. 

I agree keep Volmer at LT and move Matt to RT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Light rhymes with right--and that's where he should play I think.  I'd keep Volmer and Mankins together on the left side, move Light to right tackle and--with Neal injured--try Kaczur at right guard. Kaczur looks more like a guard to me anyway.  That strikes me as one hell of an offensive line. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The problem with what you said is that Vollmer is better then Light as well as Kazcur.....so I would say give Light teh RT spot and let Vollmer take over at LT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to If Light is Healthy...:
    [QUOTE]Let Sea Bass play RT and let Light get his old spot back.  I figure Sea Bass is better than Kaczur for RT. I think Sea Bass could help with our run game. Just a thought...

Vollmer needs to stay right where he is...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If Light is Healthy... : I'd actually rather see Seabass hang where he is and slide Light over for Kaczur. That side is more important because it's Brady's blind side and a vulnerable spot when there is a good speed rusher across the line.Either way, I'd agree they both need to be starting.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I understand about wanting to keep Sea Bass as LT, the thing is that he has experience on BOTH sides; whereas, Light only has experience being LT. That was my rationale for having sea bass switch sides.  However, having Mankins and Sea Bass on the left side would be formidable - assuming Light does not  have problems adjusting to RT (the question would be whether Light would be better at RT vs. Kaczur playing RT....?). The jury is out whether Light would be better than Kaczur....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy... : I understand about wanting to keep Sea Bass as LT, the thing is that he has experience on BOTH sides; whereas, Light only has experience being LT. That was my rationale for having sea bass switch sides.  However, having Mankins and Sea Bass on the left side would be formidable - assuming Light has not problems adjusting to RT (the question would be whether Light would be better at RT vs. Kaczur playing RT....?). The jury is out whether Light would be better than Kaczur....

We've got to protect TB's blindside and right now SEABASS is handling his business.  Perhaps it could spur the rest of the line to pick up the intensity.  So much o-line play has to do with chemistry and cohesiveness.  It would probably be best to leave it alone right now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy... : We've got to protect TB's blindside and right now SEABASS is handling his business.  Perhaps it could spur the rest of the line to pick up the intensity.  So much o-line play has to do with chemistry and cohesiveness.  It would probably be best to leave it alone right now...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

That's true, we do need to protect Brady, BUT - what if we can protect Brady's back AND imrove the running game by having Sea Bass on the right side? I'm thinking of a bigger picture here wanting a more balanced offense going into the latter part of the regular season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy... : That's true, we do need to protect Brady, BUT - what if we can protect Brady's back AND imrove the running game by having Sea Bass on the right side? I'm thinking of a bigger picture here wanting a more balanced offense going into the latter part of the regular season.

Remember what was going on prior to SEABASS being utilized.  Brady had no pocket to step up into.  Always being hit from the backside or having to retreat is not condusive.  I think the the big picture has a big chance of getting shattered if we don't protect TB.  Last year was no fun.  The begining of this year wasn't really better.  We're finally getting the passing game on track (which I think will open up the running game).  We've been trying to run off tackle for some reason.  Currently, we're more suited for quick hitting plays up the gut or delayed traps etc...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

A post on the other thread said that Light isn't that good at RT.  He's been protecting Brady's blindside for years.  Kaczur's been here a while too.  Let our vets take it over now while the rookie learns his playbook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]A post on the other thread said that Light isn't that good at RT.  He's been protecting Brady's blindside for years.  Kaczur's been here a while too.  Let our vets take it over now while the rookie learns his playbook.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I keep having SB flashbacks.  Teams feel that the Giants developed the template to beat the PATS.  Unfortunately, it's true.  Bring the heat, shut us down.  Without any running game to keep them at bay, they will come.  SEABASS @ LT for me...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

In the SB, NE gave up more sacks from the RIGHT side than the left.  Same thing vs Indy last Sunday.  Opposing defenses will seek out the weak link in an offensive line and attack that spot.

Right now that weak link is RT. Bubba is right...Sea Bass has practiced on both tackle spots and could easily slide over to the right. Light has been the starting LT and has no experience on the Right side. (BTW Matt Light has had several good games vs Indy in the past as well). 

Move Sea Bass to the weak spot on the line and put Light back at his starting position on the left.  After the season's end they can make a decision on possibly switching those spots or moving Sea Bass to the left and finding somebody new to play RT or keep it the same.  But for now the 2 best tackles should play (Light and Sea Bass) and they should play the positions which they can best succeed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Light rhymes with right--and that's where he should play I think.  I'd keep Volmer and Mankins together on the left side, move Light to right tackle and--with Neal injured--try Kaczur at right guard. Kaczur looks more like a guard to me anyway.  That strikes me as one hell of an offensive line. 
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]
    Can't argue with solid logic like that.  If only they could find someone who's name rhymes with "pass rusher."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy... : Can't argue with solid logic like that.  If only they could find someone who's name rhymes with "pass rusher."
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

okay, so, if Neal is injured - and assuming Kaczur has experience at RG - we could have
    Light = LT
    Mankins = LG
    Kaczur = RG
    Koppen/Connely = C
    Kaczur = RG
    Vollmer = RT

who else has been playing RG? For some reason, I don't think Kaczur has played RG....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]A post on the other thread said that Light isn't that good at RT.  He's been protecting Brady's blindside for years.  Kaczur's been here a while too.  Let our vets take it over now while the rookie learns his playbook.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

That would be a "safe" option, but I think that BB will probably experiment a little before the regular season ends. If our goal is to be better as the season goes on - then BB will have to seriously consider making changes to the team. Vollmer seems to have earned more time on the field with his performance - altho not perfect - he really has performed well against some big name pass rushers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Light is Healthy... : Remember what was going on prior to SEABASS being utilized.  Brady had no pocket to step up into.  Always being hit from the backside or having to retreat is not condusive.  I think the the big picture has a big chance of getting shattered if we don't protect TB.  Last year was no fun.  The begining of this year wasn't really better.  We're finally getting the passing game on track (which I think will open up the running game).  We've been trying to run off tackle for some reason.  Currently, we're more suited for quick hitting plays up the gut or delayed traps etc...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

I do remember what happened earlier, but I don't think that the offensive line was the only factor in the problems with our passing game. Yes, Light has been burnt - but so have the other guys on the line.  The Jets were constantly throwing 5 guys at us - and it was partly BBs fault for not adjusting quickly enough. I still don't think our offense is hitting on all cylinders yet - including the passing game (look at the miami game - lots of 3s, not enough TDs). Passing and running are complementary. At times, a good passing game will open things up for the running game - and vice versa. It depends on who we're playing and who we've got personnel-wise for any given game.  I'm thinking that if we can get our running game going again (at least 100 yards/game - and more creative play calling) - my guess is our red zone offense problems go away....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I say they keep Vollmer at LT. "Door" Matt and Kazcur are the weakest links on the O-line so BB could aternate between those two clones at the RT spot.