If NE played Seattle in SB48 the score would be....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If NE played Seattle in SB48 the score would be....

just thinking about it... dont think we would effectively stop Lynch and contain Wilson. Brady would look better than Manning because he is used to pressure but still no weapons wouldnt help.

I say 31-13 Seattle. we wouldn't have 4 turnovers like Denver but wouldnt get off the field and would do a little better than them on O

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: If NE played Seattle in SB48 the score would be....

Unfortunately, we'll never know and simply think the Pats would have made it a better game!

I'll add this..  If the Pats played with Gronk in the lineup.. that would make it real interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we'll never know and simply think the Pats would have made it a better game!

I'll add this..  If the Pats played with Gronk in the lineup.. that would make it real interesting.

[/QUOTE]

agreed. Gronk changes the whole thing but even with Gronk i think the Pats wouldnt win.

I dont see how the D could contain Wilson or slow down Lynch. Our O-line has been inconsistent all year as well which wouldnt bode well vs. their rush

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who knows?  The Patriots might have won big, won close, lost close, or lost big.

[/QUOTE]

i could see them winning but in honest opinion i would not see them winning, especially with all the injuries

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they would have done something similar that they did in Seattle in 2012 on D. Give up between 20-25 points.

The problem would have been the offense trying to score on their D without Gronk.  

I don't know, maybe losing 24-13 or something. Basically, the D or STs would have needed to get a TD or set up an easy TD in the red zone to make it closer than that kind of a score.

Seattle's offense is good and balanced, but I think the Pats Dd would have matched up ok there, actually.

Sorry, but there is now way a BB yeam would be that unprepared in a SB.   Undermanned, sure. Unprepared? Not a chance with an extra week.

[/QUOTE]

agreed on the bolded point. i just dont think the talent would be there. to undermanned in the interior D, Lynch would kill us. and we've struggled vs. guy like Cam Newton, similar to Wilson.

I dont the think the D could slow down seattle. Wilson would be running around like Manziel on us imo

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree. BB is infamous for bottling up run based QBs. Infamous. Vick, Ben, Newton this year was a good example and taking out Wilson last year.

The key would have been our run game to take pressure of Brady and if we could have the D or STs make a play or two to help the offense.

[/QUOTE]

We contained Newton? maybe he didnt run for 100 yards but he had 3 clutch runs that killed dude! killed! 7 carries 62 yards. Contained? when and how?

we wouldnt be able to run on Seattle, no one does.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

What was the score of the game?

Newton does that every week.  Yes, contained.  You act like that means it had an effect on how Carolina ran their offense. Not really.  A scramble here or there, isn't failing to contain the overall ability of a QB who can literally take it to the house any time.

[/QUOTE]

that's not contained sorry. he converted THREE 3rd downs through his legs. if BB is 'infamous' at stopoing running QBs that plan didnt go so well that monday night. contained is what we did vs. Russell Wilson last year, 5 carries 17 yards. THATS contained. 62? barely.

did we shut down Carolina's RBs that night, hell yea. not Cam.

just checked he had 3 first downs by running. 24,14 and 3 yards. those drives led to 17 points

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I repeat: He does that stuff every week.

vs SF 10 carries, 54 yards, for example.

It's lunacy to pretend you can shutdown an athlete like that at the QB position. I could see if he couldn't throw or something, but he can.

[/QUOTE]

that's 5.4 YPC vs. 9 YPC vs our D. we could've done a better job and didnt. Wilson would've done the same thing. so in your book 9YPC and 60 yards is containing but in mine is isnt good enough to win especially when 3 of those are on third downs. Wilson would've done the same which is good in your book, bad in mine

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Seattle's offense really didn't do much, not until the game was over. They didn't screw it up. The defense and STs were responsible for most of the scoring.

If the Pats turned it over, it would have been just like this one was. If not, it would have been a game. 

New Orleans gave them a game, in Seattle. The Pats are in New Orleans' class.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Alot closer, but still a loss. 24-20 Seahawks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Anyone who believes the Patriots would've won should seriously be examined by a doctor.

Average OLINE

Bad Defense

Worst WR Group in NFL

NO TE's

No Pass Rush

It would be Brady throwing 5 yard completions to Edelman and Seahawks D burying him into the ground each time.

Where would the WR catches come from?  They couldn't do anything against a bad Broncos D, and now some of you think they might have scored a few touchdows against this all time great Seattle D?

What does it matter if the Patriots would have lost by 17 or 37?  Result is the same.  You do  not feel better if you lose the SB by 3 or 33!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh god. Here we go. Listen, kid...Seriously. No one cares about stats.  If you take away the 24 yard scamper, it's not really different than SF allowing a healthy YPC to Newton over more carries.

7/62

10/54

Big whoop. It had little effect in terms of them winning that game. Brady got picked and we also got screwed at the end.

[/QUOTE]

i dont care about either. stats before i even looked i remember Cam's running being an issue for us three seperate times. all third downs. lost my mind when that happened. thats not containing him sorry..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seattle's offense really didn't do much, not until the game was over. They didn't screw it up. The defense and STs were responsible for most of the scoring.

If the Pats turned it over, it would have been just like this one was. If not, it would have been a game. 

[/QUOTE]

that is a good point muzz. play TO free ball it could be close. all depends on how the run D would play

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct

what wouldnt happen is that the seahags wouldn't have stolen the pats hand signals, probably wouldn't have been as flat, I doubt we see a KO return. I think Fox was out coached by a mile. There were plays missed by the donkeys and they confused PM , neither team ran well

Wilson was very accurate

The pats would need a healthy Gronk and Talib And play a perfect game. If our Oline was like against Denver they would have a long day

The one thing we didnt see was the seahags under pressure and they knew what was coming

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.  If he continued to run on you, fine. But, a couple of longer runs between the 20s is par for the course for him pretty much every week.

I lost my mind when Brady threw a stupid INT for no reason short arming the ball and we got bagged by the refs at the end.

[/QUOTE]

what int??

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Brady short armed a pick in the first half, I believe.

I'm almost positive he only had the one pick at the end of the game..

almost positive, let me check

EDIT: yep only one pick that night the one at the end. 29/40 296 1TD 1INT. good try though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We would have lost I honestly believe ... BUT ... with Gronk in the lineup we would have scored more than 8 points...