If No Trades Happen....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

If No Trades Happen....

If there is no significant addition, we still have the questions of: who ends up @ 3rd WR? And who ends up getting the majority of the workload @ RB?

Edelman hasnt done much as the 3rd WR as he is almost another Welker. I would like to see Tate or Nunn get a chance. If not i think that between Aiken/Edelman, they could do ok.

If Pony-Maroney can keep galloping like last week then we dont need to have this discussion. But that isnt very likely. Does BJGE get more carries? I personally would like to see that, but i think what they will do is just stick w/ Maroney and compliment that with a lot of screens to keep teams honest. Along with BJGE backing up Maroney for a change of pace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot54too. Show patriot54too's posts

Re: If No Trades Happen....

First of all, Edelman has been nothing, but a huge plus.  We need him.  He adds value.  Whether or not, he is the ideal 3rd receiver, especially with Welker already on the field, well that can be up to preferencial strategy.  Could we use another speed WR, of course.  We have TWO very good options in Tate and Nunn.

Go For It!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I disagree about Edelmam.  Too much activity is going on.  I know would be surprised if there is no trade.  But I have been wrong way more than I have been right  in picking NFL personnel moves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I actually think Edelman has the speed and size to play some outside receiver.  He is probably better suited for the slot, but he is almost 6 feet tall and ran a 4.5.  If Tate emerges, there won't be much need, and he can stay in the slot opposite Welker.  But I think he could develop into an outside receiver if needed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

47 minutes and counting. We'll see......

And I do agree that Edelman has been very valuable especially when Welker was out. And I'm sure he will still contribute. But we need to decide who will be our #3 receiver. Any thoughts on the RB situation that I previously mentioned?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Edelman has been pretty solid so far.  It has been the inconsistency of Brady (aside from last week) that has been an issue.  I think he played great while Welker was out during the Jets game.  He would have had a td if brady didnt over throw him.  If these are the WR that we will be going with then im cool with that.  As long as brady finds them they will catch the ball.  Its also up to the OC to come up with some schemes when both Welker and Edelman on the field at the same time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

Edelman takes the place of Welker in the short passing game, freeing up Wes to be a threat all over the field. I'm excited to see Maroney get a chance to be an every down back. Something he has never had the opportunity to do. I want to see him out there on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. Hopefully, BB will give him 20-25 carries a game. He is a stud RB, time to give him his shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: If No Trades Happen....:
    [QUOTE]47 minutes and counting. We'll see...... And I do agree that Edelman has been very valuable especially when Welker was out. And I'm sure he will still contribute. But we need to decide who will be our #3 receiver. Any thoughts on the RB situation that I previously mentioned?
    Posted by ieatrabbitsforlent[/QUOTE]

If morris is out, which i believe he will be, then we start maroney.  I believe BB should allow him more opportunities carrying the ball.  BJGE is what most of us want to see, but until BB allows it this is what we are going to see.  BB would also have to let BGJE carry the ball more than 8-10 times.  I think that inconsistency is one of the reasons we have issues at RB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If No Trades Happen.... : If morris is out, which i believe he will be, then we start maroney.  I believe BB should allow him more opportunities carrying the ball.  BJGE is what most of us want to see, but until BB allows it this is what we are going to see.  BB would also have to let BGJE carry the ball more than 8-10 times.  I think that inconsistency is one of the reasons we have issues at RB.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Some of Maroney's issues are mental IMHO. Playing against Tennessee and then Tampa and then a Bye might be great for him to get his confidence back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

[QUOTE]Edelman takes the place of Welker in the short passing game, freeing up Wes to be a threat all over the field. I'm excited to see Maroney get a chance to be an every down back. Something he has never had the opportunity to do. I want to see him out there on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. Hopefully, BB will give him 20-25 carries a game. He is a stud RB and hopefully will prove so. 
    Posted by bronson05[/QUOTE]

20-25 carries p/game?  The last r/b on a Pats club to see anywhere near those carry numbers per game was Corey Dillon and I'll bet ya they were very few....
    And he was somewhat a punishing style runner too...Someone will pull up the stats  here no doubt.  I'm all for whatever scheme wins games but this style offense that the Pats have been running for a number of years certainly doesn't favor a "work-horse" r/b....too mnay other facets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If No Trades Happen.... : If morris is out, which i believe he will be, then we start maroney.  I believe BB should allow him more opportunities carrying the ball.  BJGE is what most of us want to see, but until BB allows it this is what we are going to see.  BB would also have to let BGJE carry the ball more than 8-10 times.  I think that inconsistency is one of the reasons we have issues at RB.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I think whatever "issues" they have at RB are injury-related.  They're 13th in the NFL in rushing and averaging 4.1.  There's nothing wrong with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Fifteen minutes to go and Alexander and Thomas was at practice today leaving no roster spots available for signings. Appears we go with what we have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

[QUOTE]Fifteen minutes to go and Alexander and Thomas was at practice today leaving no roster spots available for signings. Appears we go with what we have.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

And I'm ok w/ that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In terms of players who could actually be acquired I think this team is fine.  Tate or Nunn could potentially emerge - would have loved to see them make a play for Branch but maybe they didn't feel it was in their long term interest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

instead of trades i would rather see what nunn and tate has to offer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

No trades !!! I think it is the smart way to go. Remember Vince W. Contract?