If the "fix" wasn't in....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If the "fix" wasn't in....

Why would you go for an un-makeable 56 yd FG giving the Pats the ball at the ~40 knowing a Pats FG ends the game?

You punt the ball there one million times out of one million times....unless....wink,,,wink...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: If the

As much as I want to say that the NFL and Goodell has it in for the PATS, Brady sucked and was innacurate, and the O-line couldn't block my grandmother!  This loss is on Brady and the Defense that couldn't stop the Jints. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

because you play the game to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Because our OFFENSE was so inept that REX figured we'd give the ball right back to him if they'd miss the FG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would you go for an un-makeable 56 yd FG giving the Pats the ball at the ~40 knowing a Pats FG ends the game?

You punt the ball there one million times out of one million times....unless....wink,,,wink...

[/QUOTE]

Because, it's the Jets. They always make a bad coaching decision in the end. The better question is what was with all the misques on both sides of the ball yesterday that lead to overtime and why on gods green earth was a rook taking even the slightest chance of pushing a player from behind to block a 56yd FG in the first place? That's horrible situational football for multiple reasons and one I would expect he was better coached for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As much as I want to say that the NFL and Goodell has it in for the PATS, Brady sucked and was innacurate, and the O-line couldn't block my grandmother!  This loss is on Brady and the Defense that couldn't stop the Jints. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not an apologist for Brady.  He hasn't played that well.

However, the fact that the offensive line seems to be playing so poorly might be one of the reasons?  When you give up 4 sacks and your QB gets hit and hurried numerous other times, it's not likely he's going to have a good game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm just happy it didn't cost the Pats a draft pick this time.

Maybe I'll give the NBA another look.

But seriously folks, this pushing into the line has been a real problem in the NFL.  There have only been about 105 games played so far.  If there are 10 FG and PAT's attempts per game; that would be only 1050 place kicks from scrimmage and the NFL has already had to call this ONCE.  With that high rate of occurrence it's easy to see this is getting out of hand.

Reminded me of the U. S. Olympic basketball team playing the Soviet Union.

Maybe like with your kid in the driveway; "try again, this time a little closer"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.  Maybe that memo from the rules department went into BBs spam box, kinda like the memo to not film opponents sideline. Your tears are delicious...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.  Maybe that memo from the rules department went into BBs spam box, kinda like the memo to not film opponents sideline. Your tears are delicious...

[/QUOTE]

why were you so polite when they weren't winning?..........now they won one and your attitude is changing...Why is that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why were you so polite when they weren't winning?..........now they won one and your attitude is changing...Why is that?

[/QUOTE]

I dont like the whole, goodell is out to get the pats thing when the pats lose.  Its a joke. Your guy lined up 1/2 a yard behind the other guy and tried to push him through the line.  It is absolutely clear.  That is exactly what the NFL put the rule in place to avoid.  Dont get me wrong, they did a good job of trying to conceal what they were doing.  just got caught.  As for my attitude, it was a good game,  either team could have won just like the first matchup in foxborough.  Jets pulled it out.  Give them some credit instead of blaming the officiating or making up conspiracy theories that just dont exist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Jets win already "win" another game this year on a similar marginal unsportsman-like penalty in the final seconds, where the ref basically decided the game? What are the odds of this happening twice?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But seriously folks, this pushing into the line has been a real problem in the NFL.  There have only been about 105 games played so far.  If there are 10 FG and PAT's attempts per game; that would be only 1050 place kicks from scrimmage and the NFL has already had to call this ONCE.  With that high rate of occurrence it's easy to see this is getting out of hand.

Maybe like with your kid in the driveway; "try again, this time a little closer"

[/QUOTE]

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but I must agree that it is odd that this is the first time that penalty has been called, the 'foul' had no impact on the play and it was at arguably the most critical time in the game.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Best part is NOBODY is questioning the league why during the 4 quarters of regulation on the Jets FGs and PATs kicks, the Pats played the exact same way and it WASNT a penalty. Suddenly on a OT game deciding play it is a penalty???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could it be, ROb Ryan notified his brother of this last Monday and Rex called up Goodell?

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Really? Are you serious?

Shouldn't you be out looking for a job today?  You might want to spend less time here and more time looking for employment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Guy, they showed the replay many times.  While he wasnt lined up behind the other player, he was absolutely lined up a half yard deeper off the line, by design,  he didnt try to penetrate as much as he did put a hand on his teammates back, and then pushed the other player into the LOS.  it wasnt these 2 players lined up on the line and found a seem that both tried to push through.  It was absolutely a penalty and absolutely against the spirit of the rule intended to protect the players.  Just because BB waited until overtime on a 56 yard fieldgoal to pull out these shenanigans doesnt mean that the flag shouldnt have been thrown.  Or maybe he has been running this "stunt" for a while and was warned that the penalty would be called.  I dont know and neither do you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Best part is NOBODY is questioning the league why during the 4 quarters of regulation on the Jets FGs and PATs kicks, the Pats played the exact same way and it WASNT a penalty. Suddenly on a OT game deciding play it is a penalty???

[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been called in the entire league up until OT yesterday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

It was clearly a violation of a rule -- fine. They called the penalty, and, apparently, rightfully so. Fine... whatever, I can accept that and move on.

With one stipulation.

I can accept the call IF, and ONLY if, the call was made consistently throughout the game, when it has been evidenced rather clearly that this violation occurred multiple times during the course of the game by the Jets, as well. 

That's the bothersome part of the ordeal, and that's what is raising eyebrows and bringing out the conspiracy theorists... and they have justification in their cynicism. For that flag to come at that stage in the game, after clearly occurring and not being penalized earlier, is the upsetting (and "sketchy" (for lack of a better word)) part. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was clearly a violation of a rule -- fine. They called the penalty, and, apparently, rightfully so. Fine... whatever, I can accept that and move on.

With one stipulation.

I can accept the call IF, and ONLY if, the call was made consistently throughout the game, when it has been evidenced rather clearly that this violation occurred multiple times during the course of the game by the Jets, as well. 

That's the bothersome part of the ordeal, and that's what is raising eyebrows and bringing out the conspiracy theorists... and they have justification in their cynicism. For that flag to come at that stage in the game, after clearly occurring and not being penalized earlier, is the upsetting (and "sketchy" (for lack of a better word)) part. 

[/QUOTE]

Not only that - how about its the SECOND time this season benefitting Jets. Tampa flagged for a PF in week 2 to move Jets into fieldgoal range....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Could it be, ROb Ryan notified his brother of this last Monday and Rex called up Goodell?

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be out looking for a job today?  You might want to spend less time here and more time looking for employment.

[/QUOTE]

Says Bustchise, you spends time here signing in and out, following me around.  Oh, I am employed, Bustchise. Don't you worry about that.

Enjoy the part time shift at the movies, today, Bustchise.

And yes, I am DEAD SERIOUS. Word is leaking out the Saints felt they got jobbed last week in FOxborough, all entitled and whiny after choking on D, and Rob Ryan mentioned BB's creative coaching.  

Rex Ryan and Co likely called the league office, which triggered this memo to be sent out to refs last week. Why NFL teams aren't also notified, makes it VERY suspicious.

I told you this story ain't going away.

[/QUOTE]

You are not employed, stop trying to act like you are.  You can't fool any of us.  You are on here all day long, no job in the world would have that much free time.  And what a crook you would be cheating your employer being on here all day long instead of doing your job.  Either you are a liar or a crook, which is it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With one stipulation.

[/QUOTE]

Not only that - how about its the SECOND time this season benefitting Jets. Tampa flagged for a PF in week 2 to move Jets into fieldgoal range....

[/QUOTE]

Tell me again, are you upset that there are rules or that teams break them when playing the Jets? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I do not subscribe to wild conspiracy so I pay little attention to the allegation of a fix. But that said, a brand new rule should not be enforced for the first time and changed the outcome of a game in sudden death overtime, when the new made up infraction had nothing to do with the kicker missing the field goal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Says Bustchise, you spends time here signing in and out, following me around.  Oh, I am employed, Bustchise. Don't you worry about that.

Enjoy the part time shift at the movies, today, Bustchise.

And yes, I am DEAD SERIOUS. Word is leaking out the Saints felt they got jobbed last week in FOxborough, all entitled and whiny after choking on D, and Rob Ryan mentioned BB's creative coaching.  

Rex Ryan and Co likely called the league office, which triggered this memo to be sent out to refs last week. Why NFL teams aren't also notified, makes it VERY suspicious.

I told you this story ain't going away.

[/QUOTE]

You are not employed, stop trying to act like you are.  You can't fool any of us.  You are on here all day long, no job in the world would have that much free time.  And what a crook you would be cheating your employer being on here all day long instead of doing your job.  Either you are a liar or a crook, which is it. 

[/QUOTE]

Your're just jealous Bustchise. You are not employed. You use 6 or 7 board names right now and trolls a Jets board. 

I don't. I use one name, multi-task with ease, and bludgeon trolls like you with ease.

I leave a window open and comment with ease between emails or calls.  It's not hard when you're consulting small firms and get commissions due to connections you have in an industry.

See, some of us went to college, worked our balls off and progressed in a career.  I also can work another job if I want if I choose to make extra money in a completely different industry.

You live in a basement in Paramus, NJ and work part time at a movie theater.  You're not fooling anyone. You've admitted both where you work and where you live.

You're a loser. A 40 something loser who never left NJ. Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Keep the lies coming.  We know you don't work.  You couldn't consult anyone.  You are sad that I have a job, that I am in my late 20's, that you are a sad, old, lonely, unemployed guy who doesn't have a life and I do.  Your life consists of living with mother, using your EBT card and posting on this forum stealing your neighbors wi-fi.  You are not fooling anyone here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

when an emial only goes to the refs about rules - that is a problem - it means they are telling the refs to call something - And it was different than the when thye reviewed the rules changes with the teams? the league will bury this call, I can only guess waht is being said behind the scene with the pats ans the leaue- we won't know until BB writes his memoirs.

Isnt it odd that this email to refs cane out after Saints loss and before jets game?

there is no doubt in my mind that this was started by the ryan brohthers

I do find it very odd that REx went for the fg. a miss leaaving it at 46?. and the odd way he was singling the penalty on the sidelines and then at the presser how he was glad they finally got a call - forgetting tampa bay

Another problem is - you. areal shes dont call ticky tack fouls when the game is on the line and or in ot. its just not done. Possesion calls, clear illegal hits, clear holding calls , calls that have a direct bearing on the play. This is the way all sports work. the refs let the players win or lose - not the refs-

this was a krapsandwich call-

Meanwhile the NFL  has an unsolvable problem - too many injuries

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the better question. It's not the penality because according to the rule it was actually a penality but like in baseball with ball and strike calls you have to be consistent throughout the entire game. Why did it suddenly change in the end?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but I must agree that it is odd that this is the first time that penalty has been called, the 'foul' had no impact on the play and it was at arguably the most critical time in the game.  

[/QUOTE]

Not a conspiracy guy either.  I think the ref bagged the game by himself.  Probably a good career move by him though.  He knows where his boss used to work.