if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?

if the pats could re-play the game last night what changes would need to be made to have a win instead of a loss?we cant change what the refs do,but how much better can they have played in the first three qtrs.take back the maroney fumble,or the int in the end zone,but then would the colts have kicked it up a notch sooner then later?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Re: if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?

Win?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?

make better half time adjustments to counter what the colts were doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

lucky for maroney his fumble was pretty much a non factor considering they forced the colts 3 and out and quickly got back the td, the int in the endzone was a bit more of a kick in the nuts..but still, they played a really solid game and i wouldnt change much, other than the defensive approach in the 4th...cut the prevent crap already and give them a chance to actually cover receiver tighter or rush the passer..try to make plays defensively late in the game, keep some kinda heat on and dont just fall back like that..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltsbabe4ever. Show coltsbabe4ever's posts

Maybe Brady could thro a couple more interceptions? Or Beliichick could make a few more bad decesions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McLovin.. Show McLovin.'s posts

Never punted

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Not take my foot off the gas with the Patriot offense!!! Keep playing the same defense we played in the first half... I watched the game and BB can say what he wants..Things changed!!! The Patriots got conservative for a few drives and couldn't get started back up!! So BB you slowed down and it cost you big time!!!

PS. I might go over and tell Maroney when your going into the line with the ball in your arms tuck it tight!!!!! I saw one pretty loose grip for that kind of a run!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Maroney: FIVE POINTS OF CONTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They teach this to high school students - I know because that's where I learned it.  Finger tips.  Palm.  Forearm.  Biceps.  Ribs.  NO FUMBLING and CERTAINLY NO HOLDING IT OUT LIKE A F*CK*NG LOAF OF BREAD AT THE G*D D*MN GOAL LINE RUNNING INTO A CROWD OF PEOPLE.  THAT's just f*CK*NG STUPID.

On 4th and short, call a 5 yard play because the pass blocking hadn't given up a sack all night.  Or man up and run the ball right down their throats like a team with gonads would do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We should have actually played prevent defense on the Colts second to last TD drive.  If Bodden stays back and covers the deep route instead of coming up to defend a fake slant, the Colts have to eat up more clock marching down the field. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 112288. Show 112288's posts

In Response to if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?:
    [QUOTE]if the pats could re-play the game last night what changes would need to be made to have a win instead of a loss?we cant change what the refs do,but how much better can they have played in the first three qtrs.take back the maroney fumble,or the int in the end zone,but then would the colts have kicked it up a notch sooner then later?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Go for the first down and not kick a field goal if you want to play win the game game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: if the pats could go back,and play this game again what would they do diffrent?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe Brady could thro a couple more interceptions? Or Beliichick could make a few more bad decesions.
    Posted by coltsbabe4ever[/QUOTE]

you are a fat hillbilly P.O.S.  haha go away.  you look like you were beaten with an ugly stick as a child. are your parents embarrassed?

to answer the question of this post... i dont think they would do a single thing differently... not a thing.  

i guess we'll know for sure if we see the dolts again this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abe711. Show abe711's posts

They shouldve set a play up for Welker for that 4th and 2. In replays he was wide open on that play anyway. As for the call it couldve went either way. We make it and Belicheks call was risky and brilliant. The fact we didnt make it makes him a sch muck. I dont think so.  GO PATS!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In my mind . . . setting upa chip on the shortened series inside the twenty when they knew that Mathis was coming.

NE  should in the future roll extra protection to help Kazcur, or remove Kazcur altogether.

He basically gets taken to the woodshed against any decent pass rusher.

So yes, that was the play that stuck out in my mind. Some extra pass pro. I stick that one on Obrien, for not recognizing that Mathis was taking over there and doing something about it.

Even a chip would work.

At the very least you are talking another set of downs to play with, which means another 2:30-3:00 off the clock, and the chance for another TD instead of a FG.

That really cascaded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

All in all, Belichick had the team prepared to win at the start of the game but we came up short because of not calling running plays and excessive love of pass plays.  Brady was outstanding along with Moss, Welker, Faulk and the offensive line for much of the game. But we miss Daniel Graham a lot this game. 

Unfortunately our offense was hot at the beginning of the game and not at the end of the game, as the Colts were. 

the team was leading by 3 scores...we needed a running game at that point.  Should have gone to Green Ellis and see if he can kill some clock. Faulk played fine and was his usual self, good for 10 to 15 touches.

As far as running plays, the draw did nothing after a few early successes. 
    Hello Charlie Weiss!! we need to get some more inventive plays back in the gawdarn playbook. It's frustrating to see so "GD" many a-gap blitzes in a row which the pressure gets there or we don't make them pay.  More run plays are needed against the good teams. 

We had 25 runs between Faulk 12 car 79 yds and Maroney 13 car 31 yds and we desperately needed about 5 to 10 more nice runs. 

Need badly to add the SLANT back in to the plays like Brady used to hit Moss and Welker in times past with Givens and Branch. NEED MORE SLANT ROUTES.  This new WR Stanbeck? He or Tate needs to run them. Need to see more from him as well as Aiken. 

Offense needs to use Maroney on the STRETCH RUN PLAY ala how the Chiefs used to run with Priest Holmes.  This is the run Maroney should be good at.  Since our OL aren't that big, they need have Brady toss Maroney a quick lateral -- ANYTHING is better than just running draw plays all game. And YES they were effective for a time.

MISDIRECTION PLAYS are needed as well.

Overall a great game through 3 quarters. Very bad loss though.

Nice game by Gary Guyton, Pat Chung, Bodden, Wilhite, Nincovich, Butler. the whole defense and also special teams were very good. real nice returns by welker. 

Front office missed the boat on Larry Johnson. He is what we are missing with the injuries to Morris and Taylor in the backfield.  Tough to understand.