if the pats defense again becomes dominant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

if the pats defense again becomes dominant

what players can you expect to be part of the mix- wilfork, mayo, chung, mccourteny

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: if the pats defense again becomes dominant

All, they would be a dominant defense this season, but injuries killed that thought. Next year, with Bodden and Warren back they will be. 

Meriweather                   Chung                  

Bodden                                                                                      McCourty

Cunningham        Spikes               Mayo                Ninkovich

(A top 10 draft pick, I hope)   Wilfork       Warren

That's a pretty good defense, no? Remember, Belichick's defense isn't about superstars, it's about teamwork. It requires everyone to "Do your job" and don't try to do someone else's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

If the pats can bring in another seymore with oaklands pick, a RT to allow vollmer to go to left tackle, and a hard hitting RB in the draft there is no stopping them.

In Response to Re: if the pats defense again becomes dominant:
    [QUOTE]All, they would be a dominant defense this season, but injuries killed that thought. Next year, with Bodden and Warren back they will be.                               Meriweather                   Chung                   Bodden                                                                                      McCourty               Cunningham        Spikes               Mayo                Ninkovich         (A top 10 draft pick, I hope)   Wilfork       Warren That's a pretty good defense, no? Remember, Belichick's defense isn't about superstars, it's about teamwork. It requires everyone to "Do your job" and don't try to do someone else's. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]All, they would be a dominant defense this season, but injuries killed that thought. Next year, with Bodden and Warren back they will be.                               Meriweather                   Chung                   Bodden                                                                                      McCourty               Cunningham        Spikes               Mayo                Ninkovich         (A top 10 draft pick, I hope)   Wilfork       Warren That's a pretty good defense, no? Remember, Belichick's defense isn't about superstars, it's about teamwork. It requires everyone to "Do your job" and don't try to do someone else's. 

They are going running back with the top 10 pick. Your lineman will probably be the other 1st rounder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The return of Bodden(and under-rated DB)and a healthy Ty Warren will help big-time.Along with the development of Cunningham,McCourty and perhaps Butler and/or Wheatley and the addition of at least one OLB and one DE from next years draft in which they have 2 picks in the 1st,2nd and 3rd rounds,there is legitimate cause for defensive optimism.I know I keep pushing Deadrick as a DE(since before this past draft)but I really believe this young man can play and has a lot of room to grow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Wow!  I was thinking this might be about the offense our defense becomes great again.  I have read so many times the many fans who believe we are playing the conservative offense to use the clock to keep our D off the field because the D has been so bad.

As I have said many times the past few days, if you look at all the multiple SB winners, GB, Miami, Steelers 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, Pats, and new Steelers, along with most all SB winners, they play more of a conservative game.  They still may score a lot of points, but a great offense that uses the clock and scores points making the best use of that drive, keeps the greates Ds off the field as it should be.  Everyone loves the offense that runs the clock, and then they score and the D comes in and 3-6 plays later the offense is back out on the field. The thing we love about great Ds is that they can bend and not break, but also the less time on the field can also mean they are playing great.

This team is on the way up, and let's not forget, BB has brought in seasoned Vets, who were great players and they couldn't grasp the complexity of our D.  So it may take a little time, but they are close, and these next 4-5 games coming up will not just be a test for them with all the great throwers ( not necessarily great QBs) we will be playing, and it will help them to grow, and that is the most important thing.  BB seems to be pleased with the way they are growing, and sometimes we don't see it.  They may screw something up, but they may do it in a way where they almost had it down and got a bit confused. Like Butler, the talent is there and he is almost always around the ball, and he just needs to learn how to adjust.

Mccourty?  Most here said what? when we drafted him first and the dude is a stud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

don't forget that Brace isn't looking too bad and G warren. they are both decent  DE's. Brace should only continue to get better the more time he spends at DE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats D may have a lot of "good" players.  The issue is not so much they're good, but the level of intensity they bring to the game.  Recall how Bruschi and Harrison approached each game?  They made their presence known with timely, game changing plays.  Look at Ray Lewis, of the Ravens.. he stokes that team before every game.  I am not saying we needs a Lewis clone, but a Lewsi type intensity in that defense. We have been hoping Merriweather and Mayo would be those players and so far, in spite of stellar play on occasions, you do not see that intensity.  Has anyone seen a defensive player yelling, invoking better play from their teammates like we do Brady lately?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

This but replace Ninkovich with another draft pick or a FA pick up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Im hoping we draft a DE or an OLB, then with Bodden and Warren back, we will truly have a great defense. Chung will improve even more, McCourty will be more then just solid, Spikes will be more decisive, etc. This D will be great next year.

To those who are praying for a RB with oaklands pick, are you out of your mind? Only way I see BB drafting a RB is if a DE or OLB we targeted isn't available.

A good back can be aquired in the second or third round, or even with the late first. I would much rather them draft a DE and a OLB in the first, go OT and RB in the second and grab a WR/CB in the third. This D has tons of potential and our Offense will always be good as long as Brady is at the helm. Baring any detrimental injuries, I see us going deep into the playoffs the next couple of years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Couple of thoughts. 

Macrawn, if BJE keeps running like he's running now do the Pats really need a top 10 drafted RB? 

Kebbe, I liked Deadrick too. Saban and BB are good buds. Saban wouldn't let BB draft a guy he didn't think could perform in his defense. 

Koft, we don't need another safety. Chung and Meriweather are the future safeties whether you like Brandon or not. Get over it. I don't see a need at MLB either, BB seems high on Mayo and Spikes. 

agcsbill, I hear that, but Wilfork seems to be taking that role now. Remember when he said he was angry that the media was picking the Dolphins to beat them? Look how well they played. 

And to the guys who want to replace Ninkovich I have to ask, why? Everyone knows that I am a huge Shawn Crable fan, but Ninkovich does what is asked of him. The guy can set the edge and if he keeps getting reps he'll only become a better pass-rusher. 

I see the Pats going DE (Marcel Dareus of Bama) with Oakland's pick. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think we have some studs and potential studs on D in Wilfork, McCourty, Chung, Mayo and Merriweather. We really need a pass rusher at end, I hope Tully Banta-Cain will step up into that role as the season goes along. If that happens we could be looking at a championship caliber D by week 16.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if the pats defense again becomes dominant : what`s wrong with 2 INTS and a sack in a single game? just not good enough for you?
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with him actually not setting the edge at all, whats up with him not having an extra burst of speed as he is incredibly slow? 

Seriously bro do you watch the Pats games? Cunningham is better than TBC and Ninkovich in each aspect of their game right now and hes a rookie who just began to play LB while Nink and TBC especially Tully have been doing this for years now.

Ninkovich is not a full time starter and hes a rotational guy at best. We have 2 rotational guys, a rookie in Cunningham who will be a stud and then we have a Crable who will never amount to anything. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

I've never been really worried about the D.  It's early in the season and they have plenty of time to make the necessary adjustments.

It's the offense that worries me, especially the O-Line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to if the pats defense again becomes dominant:
    [QUOTE]what players can you expect to be part of the mix- wilfork, mayo, chung, mccourteny
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

McCourty.... c'mon man this ain't a typo it's more not knowing his name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I've never been really worried about the D.  It's early in the season and they have plenty of time to make the necessary adjustments. It's the offense that worries me, especially the O-Line.
    Posted by calchu7[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you are serious...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Dominant by this January?

On the front line, Brandon Deaderick is outplaying his late-round status.  Brace is ok.  Vince is, and Gerald Warren is not.  The linebacking corps is becoming an obvious strength, although Cunningham needs to grow into his role more.  McCourty, Meriweather and Chung are already becoming unquestionable.  That last hole with Kyle Arrington or Wilhite is the biggest questionmark.  Dark horse candidate:  Butler somehow slowly gets his groove back with the help of a good shrink or maybe a psychic intuitive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't view ninkovich as a starter either. i think he had an aberration of a game last time. definitely he's nbot reliable at setting the edge. and there have been a few instances where he might have but missed the tackle. one that sticks in my mind was a big run by LT on the right side. nink had him but LT practically ran over him.

i just don't see the pats going far if he is a starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Can people give me instances of where Ninkovich couldn't set the edge? And if he really can't, we would see Belichick try to start other guys to see how they fit the system. Ninkovich has been the only penciled in starter at the OLB position all season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

defensive needs for next year are DE, OLB and probably another CB.  I find these a tad on the heavy side on defensive needs.  I wish it were down to two but Butler's performance has raised question marks.  Oaklands pick will be a defensive player that's for sure.  Another stud to the stable.  Sadly, there are no OLBs to be had there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the only memory i have of rob nin is him bouncing off of LTS thigh
    [QUOTE]Can people give me instances of where Ninkovich couldn't set the edge? And if he really can't, we would see Belichick try to start other guys to see how they fit the system. Ninkovich has been the only penciled in starter at the OLB position all season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It seems to me that the Pats already have the makings of a very strong D already and can only strengthen it more in next year's draft.  Those 7 picks in the first 3 rounds portend really good things next year and beyond.  For now, I see a young, fast and athletic D coming together as the season moves on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]the only memory i have of rob nin is him bouncing off of LTS thigh In Response to Re: if the pats defense again becomes dominant :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that too, but that's not lack of edge setting, that's just horrible tackling. If Meriweather did that there would be millions of threads talking about why we need to trade Meriweather. B^)