If tonites game comes down to the final possession, who do you trust more? O or D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

If tonites game comes down to the final possession, who do you trust more? O or D?

If tonites game comes down to the final possession; 1:30 left on the clock, down 4 (a TD required for the win), ball on your own 20, and have all 3 timeouts, who do you trust more to close it out? Would you want The Offense to have the ball, or trust the D to hold the Colts? Obviously I would want the lead and "hope" the D can hold, but I dont have great faith in them. Lets hope it does not come down to this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: If tonites game comes down to the final possession, who do you trust more? O or D?

I have to agree with you on this the D tends to give up big plays when game is on the line it gets nail biting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: If tonites game comes down to the final possession, who do you trust more? O or D?

Well where you say down four I'd have to go with the defense. I just think it's hard for an offense to score a touchdown with 1:30 left starting at the 20, because you are going to burn two of those timeouts by the time you reach their 40. That leaves you with very little wiggle room to score with one timeout remaining, and when you add in the fact we don't have Gronk or Dobson, it makes it even harder to do.

Now if we are talking a field goal, I think it's a no brainer you take the offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

With the weather as a factor I'll take the D. that being said... I wouldn't want any other QB besides Brady in thaty situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

For the first time in years, despite injury, we are pretty evenly balanced on offense and defense.  I still ponder how great this defense would have been without so many injuries, that being said BB plays the clock like a fiddle, if we've done our job offensively and held Luck off the field, slowly churning out first downs and points than we should win the clock.

In short, I'll take either side but I'd much rather have the lead in the final minutes.  The elements could ruin the chances of either team to make a great comeback drive.  I think the D will end it, key turnover in the final minutes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would take Brady and the O in the clutch every time.

The D isn't as terrible this year as it has been, but Brady virtually never fails in the clutch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well we've already seen the results of this. With 1:30 left the O has won games this year and if not for a BS no call in Car almost all the close wins would have been because of a final drive by the O. And of course we've seen the opposite with 1:30 left and the lead the D has fallen apart and has lost games. For some reason the D just can't hold a lead with 1:30 left. They go into this prevent that doesn't prevent anything. Even with the weather I trust th O more to score than I do the D to hold, esp with all the injures 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well we've already seen the results of this. With 1:30 left the O has won games this year and if not for a BS no call in Car almost all the close wins would have been because of a final drive by the O. And of course we've seen the opposite with 1:30 left and the lead the D has fallen apart and has lost games. For some reason the D just can't hold a lead with 1:30 left. They go into this prevent that doesn't prevent anything. Even with the weather I trust th O more to score than I do the D to hold, esp with all the injures 

[/QUOTE]

Picture the wind against Denver and add driving rain into the equation. There was a reason BB deferred in OT against the Broncos and it had nothing to do with the D or the O.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Picture the wind against Denver and add driving rain into the equation. There was a reason BB deferred in OT against the Broncos and it had nothing to do with the D or the O.

[/QUOTE]

Blount! Blount! Blount! - Pats all access last night had all 4 RBs in an interview...They asked all if 4th and 1 with game on line who to give it to...3 of 4 said Blount!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Blount! Blount! Blount! - Pats all access last night had all 4 RBs in an interview...They asked all if 4th and 1 with game on line who to give it to...3 of 4 said Blount!

[/QUOTE]

I'd give it to Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Offense; no one I trust more than Brady in the clutch, but the defense has enough heart to win it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If tonites game comes down to the final possession; 1:30 left on the clock, down 4 (a TD required for the win), ball on your own 20, and have all 3 timeouts, who do you trust more to close it out? Would you want The Offense to have the ball, or trust the D to hold the Colts? Obviously I would want the lead and "hope" the D can hold, but I dont have great faith in them. Lets hope it does not come down to this.

[/QUOTE]

If the ball is on their 20, that would indicate the O has the ball. No?

Regardless, I'd trust the O against the Colts D rather than the D against Luck, 100 times out of 100.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It really depends on how the game goes up to that point. If it's a low-scoring game with each side struggling to move the ball, then I'd trust the D to hold. If each side shows they can move the ball well, then I'd go with our O going down the field for the win.

In general though, I'd go with Brady to win the game - he's only led a few late game-winning drives this season. But as you said, let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

With the weather as a factor I'll take the D. that being said... I wouldn't want any other QB besides Brady in thaty situation.

[/QUOTE]

based on recent history u should want Eli : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the ball is on their 20, that would indicate the O has the ball. No?

Regardless, I'd trust the O against the Colts D rather than the D against Luck, 100 times out of 100.

[/QUOTE]

smart move as recent history shows Pats D in the clutch is about as stout as ice cream in July

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Definitely not based on the past two seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Used to be a BB defense would be a no brainer regardless of personnel. Not anymore. Not for years. Brady and the offense every day of the week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Hard question. If the game was 45-41 ..I want the offense to have it. If it was 10 - 6 I'd trust the defesne.

If I must answer now I would want the offense ...not becasue I do not trust the defense but NFL refs do not generally  call holding on final drives and do cal PI. (with the one HUGE exception vs Carolina). 

Would love to see succes rates for final drives vs rest of game...think it would be very high.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Thought this was a no-brainer and am surprised to see how many posters have picked the defense. Based on what---the 31st ranked run defense in the league or the lousy pass defense? Then you've got one of the most clutch QBs in NFL history. Geez, let me think. What a really tough pick! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How they doing today??? At 10-6 they didnt play last week so they must have got a bye.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

offense