If We Need More WR Help...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

If We Need More WR Help...

You know, if Edelman is out for a while and the Pats want more veteran WR help, there is an old friend out on the market who knows our system: David Patten.  Patten had a great year (54 rec) two years ago for the Saints and had an ok year last year (11 rec).  Yes he's a little older, but he knows Brady and Belichick.  It the Pats decide that they need a little help, he's a FA right now, having been cut by the Browns after the pre-season.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Re: If We Need More WR Help...

In Response to If We Need More WR Help...:
    [QUOTE]You know, if Edelman is out for a while and the Pats want more veteran WR help, there is an old friend out on the market who knows our system: David Patten.  Patten had a great year (54 rec) two years ago for the Saints and had an ok year last year (11 rec).  Yes he's a little older, but he knows Brady and Belichick.  It the Pats decide that they need a little help, he's a FA right now, having been cut by the Browns after the pre-season.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Patten is suing the Titans because his knee is all messed up and he says they did not reveal his injury completely to him (or something like that). It was very serious and he is not the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

You are confusing David Patten with David Givens.  Givens is toast because of the BS w/ his knee from the Titans.  Remember Patten, had that nuts season in 01, the 4 TD game (pass, run, catch {2})?  He's been around a while and he's a FA right now.  Played some good ball the last couple of years w/ the Saints.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: If We Need More WR Help...:
    [QUOTE]You are confusing David Patten with David Givens.  Givens is toast because of the BS w/ his knee from the Titans.  Remember Patten, had that nuts season in 01, the 4 TD game (pass, run, catch {2})?  He's been around a while and he's a FA right now.  Played some good ball the last couple of years w/ the Saints.
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction - sorry about that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Not a problem.  Just figured some veteran help might be necessary and he'd be a decent option. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they need a Wr they can just ask Troy Brown to come out of retirement and he can double as a nickel back on D...He was in England at the behalf of the team.I like the kid Tate he has some serious speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

how about vincent brisby? i hear he's available.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgnielsen. Show sgnielsen's posts

[QUOTE]how about vincent brisby? i hear he's available.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I always liked Micheal Timpson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from compo11. Show compo11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If We Need More WR Help... : I always liked Micheal Timpson.
    Posted by sgnielsen[/QUOTE]
    maybe donald hayes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Stephen Starring??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

Let's make a trade for T.O.!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hart lee dykes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think we will be ok.  If Tate pan out and Sam Aiken is doing ok.  Did you all see his speed when he cuaght that pass and ran it in for the TD?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

You guys are nuts....Tate and Aiken plus Edelman are very good. We do not need another old WR. We need to develop the stable we have now. Rookies and non sexy picks also cost less agains the cap as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

How about Joey Galloway. He had a great season with the Bucs 2 years ago. 1200 yrd, 80ish catches. He was slightly hurt last year that hurt his production but he can still bring it. Will provide some veteran help that we need at WR and plug a vital gap. He was recently released and is a FA and available as we speak!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick already said the 3rd WR will be dealt with internally. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

what about Ray Crittenden or Stephon Starring..........Irving Fryar is out as his wife stabbed him with the kitchen knife again..........lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

How about Terry Glenn remeber he D-I-D want to play in New England

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Terry Glenn? I didn't realize SHE was available!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

How about Troy Brown?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]How about Troy Brown?
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Troy was in the stands at the London game...........looked funny seeing him sitting there....usually he is out there cutting it up on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I actually think Troy Brown could step in and contribute. I'm not suggesting it..just think he's that type of player. I think Aiken is starting to come around. Damn nice TD catch on Sunday. His speed and stiff arm was impressive.