If you could have one play back from the game, which one?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

If you could have one play back from the game, which one?

Hello fans,

My gut wrenched pre-game after CBS aired video of Ryan Wendell's tripping incident and Casserly's annoucement that NFL would be looking into the manner.  Things wents immediately downward from there when Nantz and Simms made the breaking news Welker annoucement.

What was the defining momement of the game?

1) Brady's interception
    2) Crumpler's dropped TD pass in endzone (give Crumpler credit for saving TD on Brady interception)
    3)Botched fake punt
    4) The Braylon Edward's catch agasint Butler
    5)The Cotchery play
    6) Decision to bench Welker

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: If you could have one play back from the game, which one?

In Response to If you could have one play back from the game, which one?:
    [QUOTE]Hello fans, My gut wrenched pre-game after CBS aired video of Ryan Wendell's tripping incident and Casserly's annoucement that NFL would be looking into the manner.  Things wents immediately downward from there when Nantz and Simms made the breaking news Welker annoucement. What was the defining momement of the game? 1) Brady's interception 2) Crumpler's dropped TD pass in endzone (give Crumpler credit for saving TD on Brady interception) 3)Botched fake punt 4) The Braylon Edward's catch agasint Butler 5)The Cotchery play 6) Decision to bench Welker
    Posted by carbonflow[/QUOTE]

The interception. The Patriots score on that first drive and it takes some of the confidence away from the Jets right away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Botched fake punt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Benching Welker was completely rediculous. I would have to lean to the botched fake punt though. That's somehting you do playing Madden with your friends. You don't do it in a playoff game in REAL LIFE!!! I place 76.93% of the blame for this loss on Bill's shoulders!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Thanks for the list though so i can relive this nightmare in an orderly fashion!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: If you could have one play back from the game, which one?:
    [QUOTE]Benching Welker was completely rediculous. I would have to lean to the botched fake punt though. That's somehting you do playing Madden with your friends. You don't do it in a playoff game in REAL LIFE!!! I place 76.93% of the blame for this loss on Bill's shoulders!
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

There are reports that the play was a misheard call by the long snapper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In Response to Re: If you could have one play back from the game, which one?:
    [QUOTE]Benching Welker was completely rediculous. I would have to lean to the botched fake punt though. That's somehting you do playing Madden with your friends. You don't do it in a playoff game in REAL LIFE!!! I place 76.93% of the blame for this loss on Bill's shoulders!
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

I think BB decided to bench Welker because he was so confident the Pat's would win--he wanted to show Rex disiplined players perform better in the end than trash talking bullies from NJ. Had the Pats scored a TD on the first possession and a FG on the second--I believe the game has a different ending.

The one play back--the first on-side kick that Cromartie returned for good field position. Had the ball been recovered it would have been interesting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Crumpler TD drop.

It's at worst 7-0 there with Sanchez needing to respond. NE had them perfectly set up to start the game.  NY went 3 and out to start the game.

I would have said Brady's INT, but that netted 0 points on the back end.

3rd choice is the first play to start the 4th quarter on that slant pass that went for 60 yards.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

there were many plays listed above, and you can also add the decision to go for it on 4th and 13th down 2 scores instead of kicking a 52 yard field goal. 
    If that fg is made, when the pats get the ball back later, they're going for a much more manageable 1st down/touchdown opportunity vs the actual field goal attempt that happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Botched punt. I thought it was a good call but terrible execution.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pats allowing a 58-yard catch to start the most important defensive series of the game, following cutting it to 14-11. All the momentum gained with the 8-point score gone in a moment. Do it all over again, Pats force a punt maybe, and the rest of the game is at least a 1 possession contest with most of a quarter to go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crumpler's dropped TD still was 3 points, and Brady's interception did result in no Jets points. And to be real, Brady making passes to Crumpler, the team's 3rd string TE; to Tate, who was not even a part of the receiving corps for some 10 games during the season; and to Edelman was a sign that the Pats had no idea what their receiving corps was going into the game. Too many options that weren't very good options. Too many missed routes if you look at Brady's body language.