If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?

If you give Jacskonville #22 and their original 2nd rounder back to get up to #10, who would u take? All are needs for NE. I woyudnt be surprised if its JPP, he has the size and speed BB drools over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?

As much as I love McClain I don't think they can justify overloading the middle linebacker position without fixing the pass rush. My vote would be with JPP. Already one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the draft he still hasn't reached his full potential yet, which is scary. He's also got the ability to set the edge and seems comfortable dropping back into coverage. He is the 3 down OLB with size and speed that BB dreams of. Though if Morgan was still there too, it would be a tough call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

None...you don't waste draft picks to trade up that far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

i Would take McClain in a HEARTBEAT!! We can get a OLB in the second round still that will be an impact.Heck we could trade OUR #1 next yr and a second this yr to move up back into the first and take a Kindle/Graham THAT..gives you Kindle/Graham Mayo McClain Burgess as your linebackers...thats just SICK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

First of all, you don't trade up in this draft.

To what end?  This is the deepest draft since '83.  That means that you can pick up as many quality players in the second round that you could in the first.   Why waste the invaluable picks we have in the second round for one guy when we can get two in the second to help fill the holes.

BUT - I'd take McClain.  He seems to be the only can't miss, unless Berry dropped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

In Response to If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?:
    If you give Jacskonville #22 and their original 2nd rounder back to get up to #10, who would u take? All are needs for NE. I woyudnt be surprised if its JPP, he has the size and speed BB drools over.
    Posted by timsandra

JPP???  Ever heard of Vernon Gholston???  Haven't you paid ANY attention to the Raiders over the last 4 - 5 years?  You don't draft on size/speed.  Why don't you think Usain Bolt or Zydrunas Savickas isn't a top draft pick??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'd go with Morgan. He's a safer pick than JPP, and a beast right now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

Derrick Morgan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The only reason I'd take JPP over Morgan is because Morgan has major trouble dropping into coverage. He's more of a 4-3 end then a 3-4 OLB. If we draft a guy that high up I want him to be a 3 down OLB and I don't think Morgan can be that. Though as a pure rusher yes Morgan would be the better choice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

JPP suc.ks
    have you heard him try to speak english?  hes gonna be a bust
    hes an unintelligent schmuc.k, NOT A PATRIOTS TYPE OF PLAYER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Id go with McClain - outside linebacker can be addressed in the second round. Patriots trade up to #10 they should definately go McClain route. They can also get a defensive lineman and outside linebacker in the 2nd. Possibilities are endless on how the patriots will handle 2010 draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

jpp is gholston revisited. just wait n see

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Gholston was a work out warrior with above average college skills, JPP has shown an ability to cover, set the edge, has multiple arm moves, uses his hands well, and rushed from the LE (which typically isn't known as a rushing end). These qualities give him a better chance of success switching to a 3-4 OLB then most ends trying to convert. Though I do question JPP's intelligence he is far from Gholston. If he fails it will be because he couldn't pick up the schemes (do to intelligence) not because he lacks any general talent like Gholston (who's only move was bull rushing). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

the question is ... would you trade up to get Suh if it meant giving up our (Oak #1 pick next year) I dont know the pts system to move up to 2 or 3 spot. But would you do it for Suh? Say it would cost us our #22, #1 next yr(oak pick) and #44 Would you do it? u get the ELITE passrusher we need and still have 2 2nd rounders and our own #1 pick next yr in tacked...aahhh the possiblities...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?:
    the question is ... would you trade up to get Suh if it meant giving up our (Oak #1 pick next year) I dont know the pts system to move up to 2 or 3 spot. But would you do it for Suh? Say it would cost us our #22, #1 next yr(oak pick) and #44 Would you do it? u get the ELITE passrusher we need and still have 2 2nd rounders and our own #1 pick next yr in tacked...aahhh the possiblities...
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

Now this is a tough question. If I wasn't sure that a new cba was going to lower the cap or keep it the same I might do that but a 3rd pick commands a ton of money and then you are also tossing in what most likely will be a top 10 maybe a top 5 next year which most likely will have a rookie cap. I'm not sure if there is another Suh type next year but if there is one on the radar I might want to take a gamble on Oak stinking again and grabbing that guy next year for much lower cost and using all the picks this year to fill as many holes as possible. The way I look at it I wouldn't move up this year if it came at the cost of a couple picks this year. There are to many 1st round graded players and to many holes to use multiple picks on a single player. I'd rather have the 2 non-elite 1st round talents with an elite talent next year then the one elite talent this year.  However, if it was our pick next year vs Oak then I might have to think long and hard about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?:
    Posted by timsandra
    He has no prime time playing experience,a 7 game film study isn't enough to warrant a top ten choice. Most of the draft guru's consider him the biggest reach in the first round. If the Patriots want to trade they need to trade down and then out of the first round and then start controlling the draft from the second round on. I think if they play it right they can garner another second and a third and 5th if they play their cards right. So they would still have 4 picks in the top 53 and quite possibly the pick of the litter from the second round on. With the right dance partner they could trade down and keep that pick and still get that 3rd and 5th round pick they need,but I think BB is going to try and fill that void,so that they can stop the bleeding between round 2 and 4,and then again between 4-6...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They don't & won't...but of they selected 10th, either Bulaga or Dan Williams. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or?:
    They don't & won't...but of they selected 10th, either Bulaga or Dan Williams. 
    Posted by croc

CROC did you ask Belichick and the FO yourself? "they dont and wont"  WOW.. you must have good connections. When i asked a QUESTION to the board, did u run to BB and the FO and ask them personally? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Wouldn't move to 10 but would move up to 16 to get Morgan. Only 150 points on trade value chart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I think Suh is seriously out the question. not even playing a snap in professional football he woudl come into the patriots locker room as on of the top 3 highest paid patriots players in 2010. IDK man.

JPP is not Gholston revisisted hes more like Aaron Maybin, Derrick Harvey, or a Robert Ayers... just due to the fact of his build the projection between 8-20 picks and the freak nature of him being so raw.

I only see a few players the patriots trade up to snag. very slim.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: If you trade up to #10 who do take; McClain, JPP, Dez, Spiller, or? : CROC did you ask Belichick and the FO yourself? "they dont and wont"  WOW.. you must have good connections. When i asked a QUESTION to the board, did u run to BB and the FO and ask them personally? 
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

Why would they move up that far with that much value in the second round? I can see them moving up a tad to grab someone within reach. But they aren't wrapping a bunch of picks together to grab one pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Suh talk is so silly.  He's a big time player and the cost to get him would be astronomical.  It would kill anything the Pats had going for the draft.  Then there is the assumption that Detroit would trade that pick.  Not likely.  The folks that talk about Suh need to go to a Lion fan board and ask them what they would want for that pick.  Get ready for some abuse.

If the Pats do move up it will be for a pass rushing player.  It's the only reason to do it.  It will also have to come at a reasonable cost to do so.  The Pats need several players out of this draft and next years draft to get back to where they were.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Morgan going to  be Ghostlon, if he's used as a 3-4 olb. No way he cant cover.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Draft best available......not need. At 10 I take Berry if he is there. 10 years of the next Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, Rodney Harrison, Troy P.

Safe pick and in this new pass happy game teams need a stud back there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

THE PATRIOTS ARE NOT MOVING UP IN THIS YEARS DRAFT!!!!!!