If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..

Then let it be something meaningful and noteworthy..

1.)  First and foremost, B.B.'s calm demeanor has relaxed me and somehow I feel better now as I think the players will be relaxed and I feel they have come up with a good gameplan and feel good about it.

2.) If you want to talk about reasons for motivation lets talk about the fact for 2 weeks all the media has talked about is Gronk's ankle. Hello, anyone remember a guy named Wes who led the league in catches?  How about Hernandez and Branch. I think the fact that everyone is just saying we are done without Gronk is motivating our other skill players and they will have something to say. I think #81 comes up big. He was the only player the Gaints didnt cover well last game and Brady just didnt see it.

3.) B.B. is motivated himself to avenge his SB loss where there was some question to the coaching and gameplanning of that game. So he has something to prove and is leaving no stone unturned. Be happy about that.

4.) The guy I have talked about all year, # 44 had his best game of the year, IMO vs the Giants. He came out setting the tone with a BIG hit. I believe he hurt his shoulder in that week 9 game as he never hit anyone after that. Be happy that he had full participation in practice and fear not, he knows the system and with a healthy shoulder he will be able to hit again.

5.) These are new players this time around so the revenge thing is little overblown with the exception of a few players. Brady, Light, Mankins. These guys have not forgotten and Light has had a great year taking on edge guys one on one and usually holds his on vs Osi, now JPP is another story.

6.)Ocho was Targeted 5 times that game. Sure he didnt catch any of them, but it wasnt all his fault. He got open on a few plays and I think if Brady finds him, he can make an impact if he is featured.( A lot of folks think Ocho is washed up and thats far from the truth. He CAN still get open but his style of play hasnt meshed well here. He Gets open, but here you have to be where Brady expects you to be. So coming here has been very difficult as Brady is very picky in that regard. We could give Brady the same amount of critism here as Ocho as he hasnt made it easy for Ocho. If they simplify things with him he can be a player.)

7.) Kharma is a Beyotch! 

Let the Giants keep talking themselves into a frenzy. We will come out as a team and unleash a UNIFIED group of Players with ONE thing in MIND. Win ONE FOR MYRA!!!

GO PATS!!!!!

Lets hope when I return to the board on Tuesday it will be happy times. Enjoy the Game Everyone!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..

Giants didn't cover #82??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..:
    [QUOTE]Then let it be something meaningful and noteworthy.. 1.)  First and foremost, B.B.'s calm demeanor has relaxed me and somehow I feel better now as I think the players will be relaxed and I feel they have come up with a good gameplan and feel good about it. 2.) If you want to talk about reasons for motivation lets talk about the fact for 2 weeks all the media has talked about is Gronk's ankle. Hello, anyone remember a guy named Wes who led the league in catches?  How about Hernandez and Branch. I think the fact that everyone is just saying we are done without Gronk is motivating our other skill players and they will have something to say. I think #82 comes up big. He was the only player the Gaints didnt cover well last game and Brady just didnt see it. 3.) B.B. is motivated himself to avenge his SB loss where there was some question to the coaching and gameplanning of that game. So he has something to prove and is leaving no stone unturned. Be happy about that. 4.) The guy I have talked about all year, # 44 had his best game of the year, IMO vs the Giants. He came out setting the tone with a BIG hit. I believe he hurt his shoulder in that week 9 game as he never hit anyone after that. Be happy that he had full participation in practice and fear not, he knows the system and with a healthy shoulder he will be able to hit again. 5.) These are new players this time around so the revenge thing is little overblown with the exception of a few players. Brady, Light, Mankins. These guys have not forgotten and Light has had a great year taking on edge guys one on one and usually holds his on vs Osi, now JPP is another story. 6.)Ocho was Targeted 5 times that game. Sure he didnt catch any of them, but it wasnt all his fault. He got open on a few plays and I think if Brady finds him, he can make an impact if he is featured.( A lot of folks think Ocho is washed up and thats far from the truth. He CAN still get open but his style of play hasnt meshed well here. He Gets open, but here you have to be where Brady expects you to be. So coming here has been very difficult as Brady is very picky in that regard. We could give Brady the same amount of critism here as Ocho as he hasnt made it easy for Ocho. If they simplify things with him he can be a player.) 7.) Kharma is a Beyotch!  Let the Giants keep talking themselves into a frenzy. We will come out as a team and unleash a UNIFIED group of Players with ONE thing in MIND. Win ONE FOR MYRA!!! GO PATS!!!!! Lets hope when I return to the board on Tuesday it will be happy times. Enjoy the Game Everyone!!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but it really all comes down to Brady. If he has one of his "in the zone" games, it will be fun to watch, but if he plays like he did vs. the Ravens, it could get ugly. Best case scenario, BB throws a few wrinkles at a fairly undisiciplined Giants D and OC goes for 120 yards, 2 TD's, along with one each for Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Players should be motivated no matter what. If a SB victory can't motivate you, you have no business playing. 

"Motivation" is for the doldrums of the season. 

Second, mroe important than motivation is practice. 

90% of football is execution. Execute the plays as they are called (i.e., get open, block well, make accurate throws, choose the hole correctly) and you will succeed often enough to win.

Ocho hasn't had problems getting open .... he's had problem recognizing the routes he is supposed to be running. It's a big difference between being washed up (which he isn't) and catching on slowly (which he has). 

But I will say this: 

Given Gronk's injury, and the makeup of the Giants' defense.... if I were NE's offensive coordinator, the number one thing on my wishlist after controlling the line of scrimmage would be controlling the perimeter. 

If the Giants have to start adjusting their coverages to compensate on the outside, Welker/Gronk/Hern will gut them like a fish up the middle. 

That starts with Branch and Ocho recognizing where the defense is going, and getting open, and making the catch, and getting some YAC, and as always the ball being distributed to them in a timely and accurate fashion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

pshuller, you are right. If I knew that Brady would show up and play well, I wouldnt even be nervous...but unfortunately we just never know until the game starts.

I guess thats why I have put aside a quarter of bostons finest just for the game and probably wont have any left.

I was burning blunts like newports during the AFCCG.

I just want to breath easy. I always enjoy a good game but we can we avoid the last minute stuff and atleast win by 10.  Thats all I ask..lol

I think the good part about playing ther Giants is the Pats know what they did wrong last time and if the Giants are getting after Brady I think they will be smart enough not to bang their heads against the wall.  Have to mix it up.

If they broke out the Screen game it would be tremendous.

Going back to week 9 I noticed Eli went to playaction first 3 pass plays , all to Manningham.

Eli doesnt want to run, they just put Jacobs back there to scare you and run playaction all day. Just have to know when to blitz and when to sit back. If we dont get burned , we'll be fine.

I am more worried about our offense sustaining drives. I know we have the weapons, but will the gameplan be solid?  I hope they exploit the backers with # 81.

Also , dont sleep on Boley. He is very good in coverage and was able to stay with Gronk for most of the game. Our main options should be #83 and # 81 IMO...let them worry about Gronk for no reason.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree Z, if they can throw the ball outside the hashes(something Brady doesnt do that often anymore) they can really open up things for other guys.'

I also subsribe to the "if you cant get motivated for the SB" theory and thats why I titled it the post that way. All week ive heard about the media disrespect and its valid, but i dont think they listen to that and have enough in house motivating factors going for them not to have to rely on the media for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rusty, that was very nice of you.

I wouldnt mind engaging in football talk with you if you can just leave the personal stuff and insults out of it.

I told you at the beginning of the year that if we won the SB, I would be happy and end all fueds and Buy you a Beer. I still stand by that and I am hoping I get to the do that.

Go Pats!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The relaxation in the eyes of the players on media day and such has left me more at ease then I was in 07. I think these guys are living in the moment and truly enjoying the experience, which in turn hopefully makes them play better.

On a side point I would really like to see some screens to counter an aggressive defensive line.

How do you guys feel about a Mr Reliable Kevin Faulk getting a few balls this game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..:
    [QUOTE]How do you guys feel about a Mr Reliable Kevin Faulk getting a few balls this game?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Faulk is done imo.  A great mentor for the young guys, but he shouldn't see the field barring injuries to the RB corps.  I hope he can end his career with another ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : Faulk is done imo.  A great mentor for the young guys, but he shouldn't see the field barring injuries to the RB corps.  I hope he can end his career with another ring.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Idk, I admit he is slower then he ever was(and he was never fast) but after Woody fumbling, and Edelman in November, and Hernandez has ball security issues, I feel more comfortable with Faulk catching a screen, being in the right position and finding the 1st down marker.

Just a few key plays for a true Patriot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : Idk, I admit he is slower then he ever was(and he was never fast) but after Woody fumbling, and Edelman in November, and Hernandez has ball security issues, I feel more comfortable with Faulk catching a screen, being in the right position and finding the 1st down marker. Just a few key plays for a true Patriot.

I just don't think Faulk has the speed anymore to take advantage of a well executed screen play considering the speed of the Giants' defensive line.  I will admit that the way Hernandez carries the ball sometimes scares me, but he and Woodhead have not had fumbling problems since they've been here and I think the athletic ability they bring to the table over Faulk is worth the risk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : I just don't think Faulk has the speed anymore to take advantage of a well executed screen play considering the speed of the Giants' defensive line.  I will admit that the way Hernandez carries the ball sometimes scares me, but he and Woodhead have not had fumbling problems since they've been here and I think the athletic ability they bring to the table over Faulk is worth the risk.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe I'm just being sentimental.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : Yeah, maybe I'm just being sentimental.

Hard not to be.  Class guy.  Super clutch on 3rd down.  I think we'd all like to see him make a huge play and end his career on a high note.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

This 13-3 team is disrespected because of the cupcake schedule, easy first round opponent and pure luck in the AFC title game not to mention one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL. Put all on the Giants.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

If the Pats are up big enough with a couple minutes to go...Faulk will get the ball, or get on the field for the final snap.  I think I remember reading something that if Tebucky Jones' TD stood in 2001, BB was going to let Bledsoe in towards the end of the game.  Situations changed and obviously that couldn't happen.  If the Pats were up big in 2007, I have no doubt that Troy Brown would have been on the field for the final snap.

BB respects players and what they have done for football and in particular, this organization.  I don't think that will be lost on him if the situations allow for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Players should be motivated no matter what. If a SB victory can't motivate you, you have no business playing.  "Motivation" is for the doldrums of the season... 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I'm not a pro football player, but I do have an understanding of a profession where bringing your "A" game is far more important than being in the Super Bowl; the military.  There is ALWAYS an extra gear in someone.  Few people have ever seen all that they can be.  You would think someone going into combat would need no further motivation other than the fact they might be kiiled and never go home to their families, or return home missing body parts.  I mean, that has to drive someone to perform more than any game, right?  Yet even the troops can be motivated.  Even soldiers going into combat receive motivation.  It's always been that way.  There is always an extra gear you can shift into, and you're always looking for ways to find that extra gear.  So yeah, I absolutely believe a football player can still find extra motivation for a game; even the SB.

Most current players deny such motivation is required or exists.  Most former players say it absolutely is there.  One of the Giants defenders mentioned how in the last SB, Brady's comment about "we're only going to score that many points" made them possessed.

I do believe that the many remarks from the Giants will help some of our players find that extra gear.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : I'm not a pro football player, but I do have an understanding of a profession where bringing your "A" game is far more important than being in the Super Bowl; the military.  There is ALWAYS an extra gear in someone.  Few people have ever seen all that they can be.  You would think someone going into combat would need no further motivation other than the fact they might be kiiled and never go home to their families, or return home missing body parts.  I mean, that has to drive someone to perform more than any game, right?  Yet even the troops can be motivated.  Even soldiers going into combat receive motivation.  It's always been that way.  There is always an extra gear you can shift into, and you're always looking for ways to find that extra gear.  So yeah, I absolutely believe a football player can still find extra motivation for a game; even the SB. Most current players deny such motivation is required or exists.  Most former players say it absolutely is there.  One of the Giants defenders mentioned how in the last SB, Brady's comment about "we're only going to score that many points" made them possessed. I do believe that the many remarks from the Giants will help some of our players find that extra gear.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Good post, This is probably why BB employs his tactics of motivation. Remember the scene shown often with BB telling the team of the Eagles planned victroy parade before the 04 SB?

BB also keeps the players tight lipped more then most. I believe in order to prevent them from giving any extra motivation to the other team, much like the Brady comment. (I hate watching that clip)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Cawardj, Thank you for the post.

I have been saying since media week  in 08 that those Brady remarks were arrogant and not typical of brady and a BIG reason why they were amped up.

Now I have more proof.

I agree about the motivation. I just feel it comes from within more so than the media as B.B. tells them to not even watch that c rap.

I like the military analogy and its fitting that the pats players are all wearing the camoflauge hats.

I watched a special on the st andres crash of 72' with the soccer players and thats a perfect example. ANyone who doesnt know the story should find it on youtube. Very inspiring.

A bunch of people left for dead. Some gave up hope but ONE man was motivated to see his dad again and had the will to survive in freezing cold and walked for miles to get help. They had to eat the remains of their friends in order to survive or face the same fate.

It was truly moving and something you dont know about yourself until it happens.

25. This post has been removed.