If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....

Ok, so its pretty dead in here today. On the board and at work. Yes, I had to work today, and the absence of the King has left the castle very quiet lately..

I know this topic has been rehashed every week for the last couple years so I figured I'd see how hard it is and if anyone here would care to share how they would go about doing things.

Ok, so here it goes. I had originally thought that this was Mayo's contract year but his expires in 2012, so its not a big deal yet.

I think the biggest thing going on this offseason in free agency is the WR position and the amount of good players that will not have contracts.  I happen to believe this is in direct correlation to Wes not being signed yet. I know he is an important piece here and Bradys Binky and all, but consider this. We play a lot of 2 tight end sets and Wes' area is now occupied by tight ends and Wes is forced to play as an outside WR , not a slot guy where he has made his living.

So, this tells me that going forward if Wes is an outside guy, and with the blueprint out that man/press coverage slows us down, do we sign him going forward knowing he isnt a slot WR anymore? I dont think they want to pay him big $ going forward to play outside where he isnt as effective.

Now look at the free agent list for WR's this offseason.

Reggie Wayne                Brandon Lloyd                       Eddie Royal
    Vincent Jackson              Mario Manningham                 Deion Branch
    Dwayne Bowe                 Mike Wallace(restricted)         Pierre Garcon
    Desean Jackson              Lagadu Nannee                      Tedd Ginn
    Marquis Colston              Earl Bennett                          Donny Avery
    Stevie Johnson               Jerome Simpson                     Steve Smith(Eagles)

These are just the familiar names, but WOW, thats a lot of top notch guys.

Basically our 2 starting wide outs arent signed past this year yet.  Its possible that the tight ends are the only familiar targets for Brady next year.

I am sure if I was G.M., I would think about if I wanted to sign Wes as a Top Wr in a year that he has A.) shown an ability to do more as a WR and go run routes past the 5-10 yard area, and B.) Also shown that he could be slowed down by the better CB's in press coverage.

I would consider signing one of the big names in free agency seeing as though I would probably pay the same. V.Jackson or a Reggie Wayne would def. be an upgrade right?  Big decision there.

Also Ocho is signed for 2 more years.

Now all this is just going over one position, and not touching on the draft, so you can imagine the overwhelming job B.B. has to do each in every year only to be nitpicked by us fans.

I dont have time to go over every position in detail, but I felt the Wr position was the most important to us this offseason seeing as though our starters are not signed yet and Brady may have new faces to throw to and we all know predicting who Brady can get on page with is impossible.

I think Ocho not being able to read defenses is/was/always been a problem for him and why he and Carson always had dialogue after plays and T.O. can catch on in one year and outperform him. Ocho may help, but i wouldnt keep him going forward if the chemistry isnt there yet.

If we stay a base 4-3 team, there are some interesting names on the D-lineman list, but Im hoping we resign Carter and Anderson who should be cheap options.

Robert Mathis                       Jeremy Mincey
    Calais Campbell                    Matt Roth
    John Abraham                       Jarvis Moss
    Cliff Avril*                            Adam Carricker
    Corey Redding                      Pat Sims
    Frosty Rucker*                      Kedric Golston*
    Jamaal Anderson                   Trevor Laws

I dont think the Pats have to do much here. They have a nice stable of young D-lineman(when healthy), but I would take any of the players w/asterics if they came cheap for veteran depth and experience in the 4-3.  I hope they draft an impact player here somewhat early in the draft.

The next position and also an important one for us, IMO is Linebacker.  Lots of questions going forward here.

Mario Williams                        Jarret Johnson                Gary Guyton
    Curtis Lofton                          Manny Lawson*               Stephen Cooper
    Anthony Spencer                     D'qwel Jackson                Xavier Adibi
    Stephen Tulloch                      Daryl Blackstock              Tavares Gooden
    Dan Connor                            Ernie Sims                      Rocky Mcintosh
    Clark Haggans                        Quentin Groves               Geno Hayes

Lots of names here, but a few are 3-4 guys and not sure what happens so far as if we stay 4-3, or get backers and move back to 3-4.

I get dizzy talking about our CB's and I feel we have enough invested there. so besides the draft and getting Ras back healthy, I am hoping thats enough.

I would take a flyer on Brent Grimes or Maruc Trufant if the prices were right. Trufant is past his prime, but would be an upgrade to what we have. Grimes is a young , self made player ala Kyle Arrington who is smallish but tough as nails.

We do need safety help though and I would  prefer a veteran.

Tanard Jackson
    Thomas Decoud             Sean Jones
    Reggie Nelson               Chris Hope
    Mike Adams*                 Abram Elam
    Tyrell Johnson               Craig Steltz

Not too many names here. A bunch of young guys are signed up already. We missed out on Dashon Goldson trade, so Bill will have to think hard, promote from within or pluck someone on draft day.

I dont feel the other positions OL, K, QB, need that much tinkering.

The Patriots have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd and a 4th heading into next years draft.  Sorry for the long winded post, but if you made it this far, may as well give your input. What would

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....

I'd like to fill as many holes as we can before we hit the draft.

WR's:

Ocho will very likely get cut

It would be between him and Branch (a free agent) to return as the veteran WR next year, 99% sure it wouldn't be both of them.

Ocho is due 3 million in each of the next 2 seasons and has caught 11 balls and zero TD's...

He'd have to average 3-4 balls a game the last 6 games to get 30-35 receptions, which is the minimum of what you expect of a 3rd WR and MAYBE earn HALF his 6 million. Then he'd STILL have to have some huge playoff heroics to not get cut. Branch has already caught 39 balls, has 4 TD's and all the confidence of TB.

Expect someone to give Ocho 2/6 after we cut him. Expect us to give Branch 2/4 and he can finish his career here as the 4th-5th WR who'd be snuck in for some reliable route-running on plays him and Brady know like the back of their hands. He can catch 30 passes next year and 20 the year after that no problem.

Price is just 1" shorter than Ocho, but is faster and more physical. He gets next year to prove he can be a #3 WR. Hopefully catch 45-60 passes.

Now you have to decide if you keep Wes... his future here would likely be half the time he is in the slot, half the time on the outside, not as many snaps and he'd have maybe 70-85 catches a year next couple years instead of 110-120.

That is worth 5-6 million a year. If he wants to stay for 4/22.5 million or at the most like what we gave him in '07 (like 5 years 32.5 million?). Then we can afford him and some other free agents. He is a fan fav and a Brady safety blanket. I hope someone doesn't decide to pay him 10 million more than he's worth and we lose him the way we once lost Branch and Asante. (we can always franchise him tho).

So we'd have Branch and Price and let's say we keep Welker all for around 9 million. Edelman and Slater can fight it out for the 5th WR spot, get paid 700-900k, catch 10 passes and play solid special teams.

So that is 170 receptions, over a 10 a game, before we even hit free ageny. Gronk and Hernandez will combine for 11 catches EVERY game and the running backs about 4.

So you'd be looking for 1 all around WR who can catch 5-6 passes a game, or 1 guy who can catch 3-4 and another possession receiver (maybe a 6'4" guy we find in the draft) who can catch 2-3 a game.

I'd like us to def sign ONE free agent, either the electric forms good chemistry right away with Tom 5-6 catch a game guy or the solid depth, 2nd or 3rd wideout with a skill (like speed) and then a tall WR taken in the draft...obviously neither of the FA's would be someone you have to blow your entire savings on this offseason.

I see 3 upper tier's of WR to cover most of those free agent names you mentioned:

50+ million: Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace and and DeSean Jackson (both restricted) Dwayne Bowe and Marquis Colston.  We likely can't afford any of these guys.

35+ million: Stevie Johnson, Mario Manningham, Pierre Garcon

If any of these guys could be had for 5 years 30-35 million I think the Patriots would be wise to jump ALL OVER that... they are BIG, underrated and would make our passing game SCARY.

20+ million: Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Eddie Royal, Brandon Llloyd, Earl Bennett, Jerome Simpson, Ted Ginn (ST's bumps him here)

If we don't spend big, we better spend at least a decent amount... and I think getting any of those guys for 4 years 20-22 million or 5 at 25-28 million would be great. Royal would be the cheapest and fastest. Bennett the youngest and Simpson the tallest. Wayne the oldest but most accomplished while Lloyd and Smith might have games best suited to Brady's style.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Safety

I think there are a bunch of names you missed out there as free agents.

Charles Godfrey, Dashon Goldson (only signed a 1 year deal), Michael Griffin, Jahvad Best and LaRon Landry.

I'd def try to pick up a Ballhawk free safety for somewhere in the 4 year 16 million range to 5/25.

Ihdegibo and the other guys we all have back there can be backups... and maybe use the 4th rd pick on a safety to compete with them... but do not use any picks in the first 3 rounds on a safety. Sign one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll just play Rusty for a post if you'd like...

None of those wr's will make a difference as long as our offense is based off the shot gun spread and we have a spoiled rotten cry baby QB dictating what our mindless puppet offensive coordinator does. Any RATIONAL human being can see this, why can't you? Because you are a MORON and IRRATIONAL!! Add in the fact that we already have one of the greatest weapons (that is not being used) in Ben Jarvis Green Ellis and any sane/rational person would see that we already are loaded...it's just that Brady is ruining it! Christ he's ruining everything - the housing market - stock market - oil prices...EVERYTHING!! You fools just fail to realize this!

Thank god we have an outstanding defense or we'd be 3 and 7 right now. Ugh you people are idiots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Nice impersonation mthurl! But you forgot to mention a replacement for Koppen since he is the weak link on the OL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Excellent post RK, You are right I didnt see Landry(my favorite safety) or Godfrey and i though those guys were locked up, if not, I would try to get Godfrey or Goldson. I really want Landry and feel he would inject a Harrison type potency to our defense and under B.B. would be great, but he is gonna command some change.

I like the idea of bringing in a wiley vet like Wayne who can still abuse # 2 Cb's

I als wouldnt mind us having Price outside and Branch on the other side for a couple years, but you still draft a stud WR to come in if/when branch gets hurt. I would think long and hard about Wes. If he doesnt take the team friendly deal, I would be tempted to grab a guy like E.Royal who fell off and would be cheap, but is still good,IMO. He had a great rookie year and then had no QB, but he a a quicker guy than Wes and a possible future piece.  I dont see them going the 50 mill/ V.Jack route yet.

I would be all over Garcon, Manningham or Jerome Simpson. I think our biggest problem this year is our WR's are small and slow and aren big enough to beat the press.

I agree getting a safety in free agency is better than drafting a guy who has to develop. Let Chung have a real safety next to him so he can flourish.

You got any info on 4-3 DE prospects in the draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You think Stevie Johnson, Manningham and Garçon are worth more than Welker? I like Bowe, Colston, Garçon...really all the guys you named but I don't see Wallace and D. Jackson going anywhere. V. Jackson will probably find some hapless team to throw money at him like Marshall did. I think the Safety group could use a veteran, and the CB's too but I don't have a name in mind. I'd like to see them get a DT early in the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....:
    [QUOTE]I'll just play Rusty for a post if you'd like... None of those wr's will make a difference as long as our offense is based off the shot gun spread and we have a spoiled rotten cry baby QB dictating what our mindless puppet offensive coordinator does. Any RATIONAL human being can see this, why can't you? Because you are a MORON and IRRATIONAL!! Add in the fact that we already have one of the greatest weapons (that is not being used) in Ben Jarvis Green Ellis and any sane/rational person would see that we already are loaded...it's just that Brady is ruining it! Christ he's ruining everything - the housing market - stock market - oil prices...EVERYTHING!! You fools just fail to realize this! Thank god we have an outstanding defense or we'd be 3 and 7 right now. Ugh you people are idiots. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

That was pretty good, I feel right at home now. My day just isnt the same unless someone calls me a moron. I think I've gotten used to it.  Thnks Mt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]You think Stevie Johnson, Manningham and Garçon are worth more than Welker? I like Bowe, Colston, Garçon...really all the guys you named but I don't see Wallace and D. Jackson going anywhere. V. Jackson will probably find some hapless team to throw money at him like Marshall did. I think the Safety group could use a veteran, and the CB's too but I don't have a name in mind. I'd like to see them get a DT early in the draft.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Shen, i tend to agree a little as well w/ RK. All of those guys are younger than Wes. Faster and have height which I think we are lacking. Our tallest guy (ocho) goes 6 ft but doesnt get the ball.

Wes inst as valuble to us going forward because his area is now occupied by Gronk and our 2 TE sets force Wes to play outside where guys like Revis can shut him down. I think this teams needs a big, physical guy who can beat the press(not Moss) , but a Andre Johnson type. Dont even have to go deep, just beat the press and get a 1st down. Branch and Wes are having issues w/this now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Excellent post RK, You are right I didnt see Landry(my favorite safety) or Godfrey and i though those guys were locked up, if not, I would try to get Godfrey or Goldson. I really want Landry and feel he would inject a Harrison type potency to our defense and under B.B. would be great, but he is gonna command some change. I like the idea of bringing in a wiley vet like Wayne who can still abuse # 2 Cb's I als wouldnt mind us having Price outside and Branch on the other side for a couple years, but you still draft a stud WR to come in if/when branch gets hurt. I would think long and hard about Wes. If he doesnt take the team friendly deal, I would be tempted to grab a guy like E.Royal who fell off and would be cheap, but is still good,IMO. He had a great rookie year and then had no QB, but he a a quicker guy than Wes and a possible future piece.  I dont see them going the 50 mill/ V.Jack route yet. I would be all over Garcon, Manningham or Jerome Simpson. I think our biggest problem this year is our WR's are small and slow and aren big enough to beat the press. I agree getting a safety in free agency is better than drafting a guy who has to develop. Let Chung have a real safety next to him so he can flourish. You got any info on 4-3 DE prospects in the draft?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Nice, good to see someone on the same page

The draft seems to have a couple guys at the end of the 1st rd or early 2nd rd who would prob be upgrades to Anderson and maybe be able to play a little OLB as well.

Courtney Upshaw, Vin Curry, Melvin Ingram Whitney Mercilus, Andre Branch. Prob our Raiders pick in the 2nd would be a good bet to get a guy who can maybe share time with Anderson for a year and then take over full-time... and also get some reps with Cunningham and Nink in 3-4 sets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]You think Stevie Johnson, Manningham and Garçon are worth more than Welker? I like Bowe, Colston, Garçon...really all the guys you named but I don't see Wallace and D. Jackson going anywhere. V. Jackson will probably find some hapless team to throw money at him like Marshall did. I think the Safety group could use a veteran, and the CB's too but I don't have a name in mind. I'd like to see them get a DT early in the draft.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I think Welker is worth 5-7 million and those guys are worth 7-9 per year.

If you can't afford both (and we should be able to) then Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez and Branch can all combine to play Welker's current role and turn his 110 catches into 160.

Then you'd have one of those big 6' physical targets getting himself 60-70 catches and add to that Price getting maybe 40-50. That is a better offense than what we have now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : Yes. I think Welker is worth 5-7 million and those guys are worth 7-9 per year. If you can't afford both (and we should be able to) then Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez and Branch can all combine to play Welker's current role and turn his 110 catches into 160. Then you'd have one of those big 6' physical targets getting himself 60-70 catches and add to that Price getting maybe 40-50. That is a better offense than what we have now.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You've got Price going to 40-65 catches (seems each time you mention him the range comes down a little) from his current run rate which is what? Let's try to be a little realisitic; he hasn't shown anything yet to warrant that kind of optimism. I think you'll see Welker here next year - either franchised or on a long-term deal. TB won't let him get away.

With regard to safeties, I like Landry too, but the guy has been hurt for two years now with Achilles issues. Not sure I'd want to break any banks for another fragile piece of the secondary....we already have that covered in Dowling.

I do hope they make a play for Calais Campbell - tall, rangy and can get upfield.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think your an irrational troll who should be banned. Fill in name here __________.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : You've got Price going to 40-65 catches (seems each time you mention him the range comes down a little) from his current run rate which is what? Let's try to be a little realisitic; he hasn't shown anything yet to warrant that kind of optimism. I think you'll see Welker here next year - either franchised or on a long-term deal. TB won't let him get away. With regard to safeties, I like Landry too, but the guy has been hurt for two years now with Achilles issues. Not sure I'd want to break any banks for another fragile piece of the secondary....we already have that covered in Dowling. I do hope they make a play for Calais Campbell - tall, rangy and can get upfield.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

I mentioned twice in just this thread that I thought we would be able to keep Welker for either 5-7m a year or the franchise tag.

I am being very optimistic on Price... what i saw in preseason got me excited that he could be a #3 WR and catch the number of balls next year that we wanted out of Ocho this year when he is gone. Ocho and minor injuries are keeping him down.

I never said he would be anything more than that. And I wouldn't be surprised if he were a bust simply b/c Bethel, Jackson and Tate all were.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good points!

I dont know about Landrys condition going forward, but if its the reason they dont resign him, I would be all over it. I seem to recall another safety being shown the door after a groin injury and Marty telling Rodney he was done.

Only thing is that Landry is in his prime and Rodney was an older player.

If we could get him on the cheap and his medical checks out, I would pay him decent money.

Ideally we would be able to get Goldson or Godfrey and groom them here. They are Meriweathers w/out the off field issues and head hunting.

I dont think you can count on Price next year unless he shows something this season. Its one thing to be a depth player, but before you let Wes go, you would have to know what you are getting there, so I agree w/you on that.

I would like to keep Wes at a nice price, but I dont see it.

If so, why isnt he signed already?  Pats waiting for someone to set the market? It never works out as the tag would just get higher the longer you wait, IMO

I would say if you know what you have, you sign the player before they hit the market and make you pay more to keep him. The fact Wes is not signed yet,. tells me they are thinking of upgrading or waiting to see what his market value is....but thats risky business...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

a few of those guys could definitely help, i agree on landry, if he was healthy and they could get him that would be a big time upgrade back there. 

vincent jackson at receiver but they probably couldn't afford him.

imo we will need a corner, i don't see dowling ever being able to stay on the field for a season.

on another subject,  i hope that they use both of their first round picks in the upcoming draft and don't trade down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

This thread starts with this little bit near the top:

...So, this tells me that going forward if Wes is an outside guy, and with the blueprint out that man/press coverage slows us down, do we sign him going forward knowing he isnt a slot WR anymore? I dont think they want to pay him big $ going forward to play outside where he isnt as effective....

Can you tell me what in the world you are talking about? These two TEs were here last year and all this year and all Welker is doing in his ineffective play is leading the league in receptions. Give me a break.

You also claim, in the same wonderful tradition as the above quote, that Welker doesn't play slot in this O because the TEs do! Really? The last 10 regular season games I watched this year all seemed to have this guy 83 coming out of the slot so often you would think the other team might think to look for him there.

You started a good thread but statements like these really lessen them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]I'll just play Rusty for a post if you'd like... None of those wr's will make a difference as long as our offense is based off the shot gun spread and we have a spoiled rotten cry baby QB dictating what our mindless puppet offensive coordinator does. Any RATIONAL human being can see this, why can't you? Because you are a MORON and IRRATIONAL!! Add in the fact that we already have one of the greatest weapons (that is not being used) in Ben Jarvis Green Ellis and any sane/rational person would see that we already are loaded...it's just that Brady is ruining it! Christ he's ruining everything - the housing market - stock market - oil prices...EVERYTHING!! You fools just fail to realize this! Thank god we have an outstanding defense or we'd be 3 and 7 right now. Ugh you people are idiots. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im sorry you didnt understand what I said.  Right now the future of this offense is the 2 tight ends. When we run a two tight end set, there is no slot reciever.

In case you missed it, when there arent 2 tights on the field, then Yes, you can play Wes in the slot. My point was going forward the offense has shown that it is slowly morphing into a 2 TE set.

So why would you pay a guy to play mostly outside when he is more effective inside.  Is Gronk or Wes the future here? I would say more Gronk. he is more valuble, just ask all of the d coordinators.

I never said our tight ends play the slot, I said they are working the area that Wes used to. If Wes is doing the same thing he has all the time here how come he has much more catches pass the 5-10 yard range? Because he is playing more outside.

Did you miss Wes getting shut out the whole game by Brandon Flowers outside and Arenas in the slot? He didnt get invlolved until late in the game, of course you didnt see it. You just see what u want I guess.

This year Wes is running 7 routes(corner routes) post patterns, the usual out patterns,deep routes,  all this after 4 years of running drag routes, bubble screens and out patterns.

You paying attention?

If you have a DVR go back and tell me how we can run so many 2 tight end sets while still playing Wes in the slot.  Its not his every down spot. Only when Hernandez is out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I think the organization needs some tweaks before they make any off-season moves.  Granted we are all spoiled as Pats fans by the success over the last 10 years.  However, Bob Kraft is a smart businessman and he should make sure that BB's plate is not overloaded and that he is surrounded by the best and the brightest.
    I think the Pats might be feeling the loss of Dimitroff more so than Pioli.  The scouting personnel should be reviewed NOW.  I want BB to have the final say on draft day, but I want better field reports reaching his desk.
    Sure, none of us are in the war room on draft day, but I have to assume that some of the players they've drafted have been way over-hyped due to poor scouting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Great thread Jay!  Very informative!  A lot of good points.....I did not know that there are so many tier 1 and 2 WR's entering FA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Im sorry you didnt understand what I said.  Right now the future of this offense is the 2 tight ends. When we run a two tight end set, there is no slot reciever. In case you missed it, when there arent 2 tights on the field, then Yes, you can play Wes in the slot. My point was going forward the offense has shown that it is slowly morphing into a 2 TE set. So why would you pay a guy to play mostly outside when he is more effective inside.  Is Gronk or Wes the future here? I would say more Gronk. he is more valuble, just ask all of the d coordinators. I never said our tight ends play the slot, I said they are working the area that Wes used to. If Wes is doing the same thing he has all the time here how come he has much more catches pass the 5-10 yard range? Because he is playing more outside. Did you miss Wes getting shut out the whole game by Brandon Flowers outside and Arenas in the slot? He didnt get invlolved until late in the game, of course you didnt see it. You just see what u want I guess. This year Wes is running 7 routes(corner routes) post patterns, the usual out patterns,deep routes,  all this after 4 years of running drag routes, bubble screens and out patterns. You paying attention? If you have a DVR go back and tell me how we can run so many 2 tight end sets while still playing Wes in the slot.  Its not his every down spot. Only when Hernandez is out.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

That's how you use the facts to prove someone opinions wrong...

I thought it was obvious Wes was being used more outside and in sets often different than what we were used to seeing him in 07-10.

If we are only going to need a slot receiver 10-30% of the game you'd think Woodhead, Branch and Edelman could have it covered.

If we are going to use it 40-70 percent of the game then I advice us paying Wes the 5-7 million I think he is worth.

However if some teams runs an offense that needs a slot WR 70-90 percent of the time and they think Welker can haul in 110-120 catches a year still for 3-4 ore years... then he is worth way more (8-10 million) to that team than he is to us.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

safety- LaRon Landry/Michael Griffin
    WR- eddie royal, welker, branch
    LB- mario williams, guyton, manny lawson
    DE- matt roth (this position will be filled mostly through the draft i believe)

i think we should spend the big money and go after mario williams assuming he isn't tagged.  if we resign carter and anderson and pick up a great pass rushing OLB our pass rush will be fixed.  mario williams would be worth the 6-7 mil per year. that money could be made by cutting ocho and the money that would have went to haynesworth. 

with manny lawson/matt roth/mario williams and mayo at OLB
    with carter/anderson/rookie (upshaw) at DE
    and wilfork/brace/love at DT
    spikes/mayo/fletcher/hightower? at ILB

our lines would be pretty good

25. This post has been removed.