I'm done as a fan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: I'm done as a fan!

I don't agree with jader, (I think he s actually Felger. thought he was going to have a heart attack with his rantings about the team) but this forum is a good place to express your feelings . I think there are times when we all have posted something and later may have wished we didn't. but being able to let others know how you feel helps . I'm sure he is not done with the team, i think he'll be back like all of us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I would agree with Jader if the Pats as an organization did not react to this situation the way they did.

They barred him from the facility and did it privately, well sort of.

They cut him while he was on the way to the police station, without regard to financial impact.

They sent the message that if you want to be part of the Pats then don't act this way.

They have given people a chance to improve themselves, if they don't they are gone. Doesn't everyone deserve a chance.

So how have the Pats done anything to make you not want to be a fan. They drafted a kid that had talent and showed it on the field and when he proved who he really was they no longer kept him. They held him accountable for his actions.

In my book they took a bad situation and made it possible to still believe in the Pats. even if you are not a fan you need to respect this. Wish our society as a whole did this more often. Then young people would not be so apt to be disrespectful and be thugs....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Unlike some I don't have a big problem with teams drafting guys of questionable character when it appears there is some hope of changing them.  But after awhile a team has to recognize the player is a problem and has to separate themselves from him.  In the Hernandez case he acted to stupidly before the Pats could decide he was a no good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Thanks for providing your perspective, jader, and the choice, of course, is yours.  Good luck and I hope you find a team whose players will meet your standards of conduct. 

:-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  premeditated murder is pretty bad. I don't know what a guy can do that's worse -- maybe rape a kid (and I have no doubt that somebody, somewhere in professional sports is doing just that as we speak) -- but I don't know that we should be judging young Mr. Hernandez too harshly. After all, don't we live in a society where certain segments of said society are excused all manner of heinous activity because they are "products of their environment" (as Hernandez most certainly is) while other segments bear all the responsiblity for the world's ills because of institutional racism?

Or am I merely being obtuse?

Look at the bright side: All of this unfortunate shenanigans is going to give Aaron Hernandez an opportunity to "find Jesus" in a big way.

And look what that did for Ray Lewis.

Oh . . .  and as for Jader . . .  I think maybe he should just change his screen name to Jaded and pretend none of this ever happened.

Either that, or I am entirely wrong.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I just relized its a funny pic but I'll prob get in trouble...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Only BB sh!ts rainbows.

RESPONSE: Oh really? After reading your many posts over the years, I thought that you were of the opinion that only Tom Terrific did...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Of course Tom doesn't dump rainbows. He wouldn't need that space age bidet if he did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

rut roh

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

rut roh

[/QUOTE]

man you are fast i took it down on second thought!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Wow talk about over reaction.  Yes this latest issue is one to most certainly burn your AH jersey over, but how can you blame the team for this?  Did they take a risk?  Yes, they took a risk on first round talent that had gang ties as a kid and failed some drug tests because of weed in the 4th round.  I would have jumped all over that one myself. 

There aren't enough choir boys out there to make a solid NFL ready team roster out of, most of these kids are inner city and have pasts.  And most of them are able to put that kind of stuff behind them and move on into adulthood and an NFL career as well.  Some of them can't.  There's no concrete way to determine the difference between the two.  Hell even NASA and its incredibly stringent and thorough vetting screws that one up from time to time. 

I'm hurt and angry over this one as much as anyone.  He might have been my favorite player on the team.  But I refuse to lay blame on the Patriots for a players individual actions regardless of how horrific they may be.  This incident is every bit as shocking to the Patriots organization and its players as it is to us fans and the rest of the world. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I have always wondered what are the steps for jumping back on a bandwagon? I know jumping off his quite easy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

The best part of this Hernandez saga is the ability to weed out all pink helmets.   Good riddance. Your behavior since 2007 has been embarrassing to me as a diehard fan who has been tortured watching Brady and our finesse offense fail, predictably so.

Onward and upward!

The term "pink hat" was created when the Sox started winning back in the early 2000's.  Fenway Park became less about being at the ball game and more about being seen at the ball game.  The team marketed heavily to women, creating, among a sea of other items, pink Sox hats.  While many were worn by girl who could tell Pedro from Pesky, many were not.  The mindless drivel that careened from their mouths centered around anything but the game in front of them.

The term is now used by many in the Boston sports scene to describe new fans who are now all out fanatics based upon the recent success of a team.

The OP stated he has been a fan for 40 years.  I've been a fan for over 30.  Somehow, you have decided that "pink helmet" is the proper term.  It's not.  You may fall back on "bandwagon" or "fairweather", but neither of those are true, either.  Anyone who came back the following year after 2-14 cannot be properly described at any of these terms.

So, Rusty, if you're going to fire your barbs around, at least understand the meaning of what you're saying.  If not, you look like Rusty.  And let me tell you, no one wants to look like that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

The best part of this Hernandez saga is the ability to weed out all pink helmets.   Good riddance. Your behavior since 2007 has been embarrassing to me as a diehard fan who has been tortured watching Brady and our finesse offense fail, predictably so.

Onward and upward!

The term "pink hat" was created when the Sox started winning back in the early 2000's.  Fenway Park became less about being at the ball game and more about being seen at the ball game.  The team marketed heavily to women, creating, among a sea of other items, pink Sox hats.  While many were worn by girl who could tell Pedro from Pesky, many were not.  The mindless drivel that careened from their mouths centered around anything but the game in front of them.

The term is now used by many in the Boston sports scene to describe new fans who are now all out fanatics based upon the recent success of a team.

The OP stated he has been a fan for 40 years.  I've been a fan for over 30.  Somehow, you have decided that "pink helmet" is the proper term.  It's not.  You may fall back on "bandwagon" or "fairweather", but neither of those are true, either.  Anyone who came back the following year after 2-14 cannot be properly described at any of these terms.

So, Rusty, if you're going to fire your barbs around, at least understand the meaning of what you're saying.  If not, you look like Rusty.  And let me tell you, no one wants to look like that.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the over 30 yr club...people don't relate to those old days when we had to watch the Sox blow seasons in every conceivable way...and endure 1-15 Pat years

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Hey Jader,

Maybe it's wrong for me to assume you are American, but are you tired of being one? There are so many thugs/low-lifes living amongst us - even in government. Why do we allow them to be here?

Let me take it up another notch. Are you tired of being human? 

Just trying to make a point that losing faith in the collective you root for, because of the action of one man person there, is naive. You're not going to find a perfect team. So long as there is an aspiration/idealogy and members of the collective (in this case the sports team) is working hard towards that, it's okay to fail every now and then, and learn from it.

One could easily say the Pats should make an exception with murderers and/or gangsters. How  should the Pats have gone about learning that? They probably checked if he had a criminal record and he probably did not. Maybe he had a juvenile record, but the Pats probably did not have a legal way to access that.

Let me offer you another perspective.

What if after all the due diligence they did, the decision all boiled down to the word of a trusted friend - Meyer? Now, one can be critical of Meyer and his approach to building a competitive team; but what if... in Meyer's mind, what he does is provide youth, who are otherwise headed in a hopeless path in life, with an alternative, better path?

Meyer may have been aware of AH's gang ties before joining FLA, but if AH managed to stay away from criminal trouble over the years he was in Florida, wouldn't it be reasonable that Meyer could have thought/believed he and football made enough of an impact on AH that AH is on his way to changing his path? Why would they not think that if they probably have had success in reforming other troubled youth's lives?

What else should they have done?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dude, he's a pink hat for the Pats and Sox.  He's only ever posted or shown knowledge about the hockey on the B's board.

Pink hat = Not A Shot

Oh, I understand now.  In order to be a fan of a team, one must post a lot on the BDC forums.  Being a fan doesn't mean following the team, listening to the games on the radio when they weren't on TV or anything else.

I've been a fan since the late 70s and have never turned my back on the team.

What a total loser you are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Welcome to the over 30 yr club...people don't relate to those old days when we had to watch the Sox blow seasons in every conceivable way...and endure 1-15 Pat years

Yeah, the early years were tough, right?  Sure, Superbowl XX was exciting (until kickoff) but we sure did get dealt a lot of terrible teams year after year for a long time.  This last decade or so has been great.  It can't continue forever, but it's nice to have the game start without thinking, "Don't lose by 20.  Please don't lose by 20."

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I felt guilty pulling out my Orr jersey in 2011 after they won, but I felt like it was long overdue considering how long I waited to see a Cup carried around Boston with my own eyes. I said screw it. I've been to easily 50 Bruins games growing up in the 1980s. I can list the games I was at in terms of historical event type of games, too.   Can name where I sat. Can tell you I got hid in the head with a game puck in Row 2 of the corner.  Yep.  I can go to You Tube right now and show you games I was at. The puck sits on my library book shelf. Has a chip in it.

No one cares about how much of a bandwagon/pink hat/fairweather fan you are of the Bruins.

This is the Pats forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

Jader, where are your seats that you are giving up??? I might be willing to upgrade if they are better than mine. 

Off topic, but don't you like the new upgrade procedure the Pats have used for the past two years?   I'm slowly working my way to the front of the third deck at midfield. 

[/QUOTE]

have tried to upgrade a few times but we became very friendly with the 2 guys next to us and the 4 guys behind us. Right now we are in 239 I have seats 1 & 2 in my row. The guys next to us have 3 & 4 and the guys behind us have 1 thru 4 in their row. It is difficult because we requested the same set up down in the 1st tier and they have not been able to find that set-up for us. The new upgrade procedure is a good one the issue is what we are asking for.

If you can get to the 1st few rows in the upper deck at mid field those are great seats. We have a buddy who sits on the Pat's side/north end of the field 2nd row upper deck 20 yard line and he loves his seats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

have tried to upgrade a few times but we became very friendly with the 2 guys next to us and the 4 guys behind us. Right now we are in 239 I have seats 1 & 2 in my row. The guys next to us have 3 & 4 and the guys behind us have 1 thru 4 in their row. It is difficult because we requested the same set up down in the 1st tier and they have not been able to find that set-up for us. The new upgrade procedure is a good one the issue is what we are asking for.

If you can get to the 1st few rows in the upper deck at mid field those are great seats. We have a buddy who sits on the Pat's side/north end of the field 2nd row upper deck 20 yard line and he loves his seats.

[/QUOTE]

My ideal seats are in that lower ring (rows 1 to 7) in the third deck in one of the four centre sections (309, 310, 331, 332).  I've sat in those periodically and they give you a really good view of the game.  I also don't mind the first few rows in the upper part of the third deck (rows 8 to 10 or so).  I'm getting close: one section away from the centre sections and row 14 next year . . .