I'm picking the Pats over the Saints

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints

In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : With the defense struggling it allowed the other teams defense to turn up the heat.   This led to a couple of those picks.  The others were more of the tipped variety.  We all know that they seem to come in bunches.  In fact, five of them came in two games (Miami and St. Louis).  Brees has only four picks in the other eight games.  Considering how often the Saints take a look down field that isn't bad at all.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

One of us will be disappointed come Tuesday morning.

1) Welker will be a difference maker. You have not faced his style this year.
    2) Randy will burn on a deep threat. (See number 1)
    3) The Pat's pass rush has been coming on all year and I believe Monday Tully will have his hits on the QB (We will go after Drew, he is the difference maker)
    4) A Thomas has will have a big game.
    5) Last, Between L Maroney and K Faulk we will pound the run.

Don't be fooled by the 2nd half let down. We will be fine

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

I say Pats lead Saints 30-14 half time. Deliver their usual second half snafu to win 34-31 in the final seconds!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintfan46. Show saintfan46's posts

I have not seen the Pats many times this year, and am surprised that they are struggling in the 2nd half. That makes this game even more interesting, because the Saints have been struggling in the first half. I still think Saints win a close one, but if we should lose, it would be better for us to lose this game, since it is not a conference game. To me, the chess game between the best defensive mind in football, (Belicheck), vs the best offensive mind (Payton), is what makes this game so interesting. Also, am curious to see if many Pats fans will be coming down for the game. If so, enjoy your visit, and rest assured, other then some good natured ribbing, we do not make our visitors feel threatened.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I say Pats lead Saints 30-14 half time. Deliver their usual second half snafu to win 34-31 in the final seconds!
    Posted by bmadmax82[/QUOTE]

Math?  How do they go from 30 to 34??  Unless you meant 33 - 31 Pats?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

2 safetys perhaps?

Anyway, I think the Saints defense is ok but they haven't been up against a team like this. Sharper won't be able to pick and choose where he wants because Greer is going to need help over the top with Moss on every play or we know what will happen. Sharper is the best player in that secondary and he should be out of the game most of the time. That being said, if the Saints want to start rushing with more than their d-line Mr. Welker will have the type of game he did against the Jests. The Colts rarely Blitzed but Mathis almost always got some pressure from DE. I don't see anything that special on the Saints d-line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Jints = the new leon, another fine representative of nyc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Alright Mr. Sarducci, so essentially what you're telling me is that the Saints got outplayed on both offense and defense for a good part of these games and still managed to go 4-0?  The D got run over and the opposing D managed to stymie Brees?  That's what you've told me in your posts, which to me says the Saints are able to be had, even at home.  Again, I see a bit of a trend and some potential weaknesses exposed, exacerbated by some injuries.  Which to me means if the Pats can capitalize they will win. I can buy some of your reasoning but I'm still going with the Pats in a close one.  This win means more to the Pats than it does to the Saints.       
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

No, what I am saying is that the Saints were able to overcome key injuries at the very time they were facing some of the top rushers in the game to still come away with convincing wins.  They were also able to overcome those bad bounces that happen to the best of QB's in those very same games.

Those weaknesses have been alleviated by the return of all the injured players.  An adjustment has also been made at left tackle to handle the pressure against the bull rush.  Jermon Bushrod was outstanding for the early part of the season, but Zach Strief is better suited to handle the more beefy opponent.  I expect to see a more situational use of both for the remainder of the season.

If the Patriots had met the Saints during that four game stretch I would have agreed that they would have held the upperhand.  That is no longer the case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : No, what I am saying is that the Saints were able to overcome key injuries at the very time they were facing some of the top rushers in the game to still come away with convincing wins.  They were also able to overcome those bad bounces that happen to the best of QB's in those very same games. Those weaknesses have been alleviated by the return of all the injured players.  An adjustment has also been made at left tackle to handle the pressure against the bull rush.  Jermon Bushrod was outstanding for the early part of the season, but Zach Strief is better suited to handle the more beefy opponent.  I expect to see a more situational use of both for the remainder of the season. If the Patriots had met the Saints during that four game stretch I would have agreed that they would have held the upperhand.  That is no longer the case.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

Asylum: I understand you being excited about your team having a good year. You have to understand the we have had a good year, year after year, even when we lose our QB. The Saints are the Ravens and Falcons of the past years...very good teams on a roll.

We are the Patriots, nothing we tell you will make sense until Tuesday. On Tuesday when you wake up and find yourself saying, "Dang!" And you will say it, then you will understand the Patriots came to town and they are that good.

Also, when Bill B goes  to the podium and says, "Best team out there", that is not good for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : Asylum: I understand you being excited about your team having a good year. You have to understand the we have had a good year, year after year, even when we lose our QB. The Saints are the Ravens and Falcons of the past years...very good teams on a roll. We are the Patriots, nothing we tell you will make sense until Tuesday. On Tuesday when you wake up and find yourself saying, "Dang!" And you will say it, then you will understand the Patriots came to town and they are that good. Also, when Bill B goes  to the podium and says, "Best team out there", that is not good for you.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Here you are wrong.  I am anything but excited over a "good" year.  I have followed the NFL in great detail for many years.  I understand the difference between "good" and "special".  I know that the Patriots are good.  Outside of New Orleans I have followed the Pats most closely over the last decade.  Yes, you are the Patriots who have had their own dismal years.  But then all jelled with the addition of a special QB, a collection of extremely solid WR's, a solid running attack and an opportunistic defense. 
    Sound familiar?  Yup, that describes today's Saints.

If the Pats pull one out Monday it will be because they played the perfect game and the Saints played less than the same.  Your proclamation of simply saying the Patriots are the Patriots is not going to be enough.  When you reach the point that you are hanging your hat more on the past than doing it on the field you have lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I liked the mention of how much better this board is than the ESPN boards, which are a disgrace. 

I'm taking the Pats only because I think the Colts are tougher for the Pats because of Peyton's familiarity with Belichick and his ability to make line of scrimmage adjustments and wear our defense down with the no-huddle. 

Having said that, the Saints are clearly on a short list of teams that have the ability to win it all this year, so will not be surprised if they win either. 

"The problem for the Patriots is THIS year the Saints' A game is better by far." 

That I don't agree with. The Pats "A game" had the Colts down by touchdowns. But the Pats have not brought their "A" game against anybody for a full game. Fortunately for the Saints I don't expect our "A" game for the whole game.

Close games come down the two minute drill. I'll take Brady over Brees then also. More big game experience - but much respect to Brees, who is having an MVP type season. 

Having said that, good luck to the Saints the rest of this way and the classy Saints fans on the board. I hope you lose only this game until you get to the Super Bowl. I may even root for you then if the Pats don't make it. :)  You can count on me rooting for Saints against Vikings in the NFC playoffs if it comes to that, which I suspect it will....