I'm shocked at our draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: I'm shocked at our draft

I like the draft so far, havent seen what happened today but heard they traded for Blount . I like that move , the patriots needed a big powerful back and this guy is just that. He's pretty fast for a big guy too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Heres the deal, BB drafted players that can come into the PAtriots system and produce in the first year or two. The PAts system is precise, lots of moving parts not many of these top prospects will be able to come up to speed in the 'Brady Window'. These kids from Rutgers have great on-field communication already and a good relationship with McCourty..check, they seem humble and hard working...in my experience that trumps huge upside potential almost every time.

Dobson, intelligent and skillful in winning body position battles wit CB's, catching the ball and running routs..high IQ, the anti chad Jackson / Johnson.

Collins looks to be versitile enough to help weather any DE, LB injury and can cover! Actually also a mobile guy that can help a bunch in marking QB's like Kapertnik or Wilson one of which we will be seeing in the SB.

pats buying tickets to the game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm a bit indifferent right now. I really wanted more of an interior pass rushing presence in a strong DT draft, who could eventually take over for Wilfork. But, that's BB never take from the strength of the draft.

I like Collins before he was drafted and thought they'd grab him in the 3rd. Amazing athletic freak who can get to the passer and is an above average coverage LB too. I thought with A. Wilson he'd play that SS/LB role but Collins (a coverted SS) has the ability to play it too. Just not sure his role was a priority enough to take with your first pick. However, I still like Collins as the pick.

Dobson I'm on a wait and see mode. I've been crying for a big WR with great leaping ability for the red zone in the last 3 drafts and Dobson certainly fills that role. I'm a bit concerned by him coming from a small receiver tree (hard to gauge route running ability from such a tiny tree) and he did have trouble gaining separation from a weaker secondary opponents. But overall he has good upside and hopefully a quick learner.

Ryan I'm not so high on. I just hate the fact that he gets grabby down the field and doesn't turn is head. That's a huge problem with our current CB's imo and in this flag happy league I worry about PI calls with his style of play. Ultimately I also think he might be moved to a FS role like McCourty

Harmon I'm really not fond of the pick. You have T. Wilson who you spent a 2nd on and was suppose to be groomed for the SS role and you just signed A. Wilson t a 3 year deal. Was therereally a need for another SS in the 3rd? I cold se taking a chance on a kid in the mid day 3 but with a 3rd rounder? The amount of time it took to take him I think they were trying to trade ot and maybe take him later but whn they ran out of time they just grabed someone hy had on their board

Boyce I like the pick overall. He's a quick outside guy that's built like a RB and can get off the line. One complaint I've had with our former WR's is that they could get man handled at the line. With Boyce I don't think that will be a problem and he has the frame to take hits and be durable. Nice overall pick but another kid I look at who had solid production but nothing that really stood out.

The 7ths are 7ths, anything from them is a bonus but we were pretty deep already so I don't imagine much more then camp bodies who have shots to make the team from them.

Overall, a good draft. Not what I wanted but beyond Harmon no one I can really complain about

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm shocked at the number of Rutgers players we draft.  Most GM's focus on NFL ready SEC players while BB seem to have a soft spot for Big East players.  Basketball yes, Football no.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'm shocked at the number of Rutgers players we draft.  Most GM's focus on NFL ready SEC players while BB seem to have a soft spot for Big East players.  Basketball yes, Football no.

Would have been a decent draft...but taking Harmon at #91 was as bad as last years' move, when BB took Tavon Wilson with the 48th overall pick. Last year's haul would have been great...but the Wilson pick reduced what would have been a great draft to just a good one. The Harmon pick poured sugar in the gas tank of this years' draft.

The Pats were better off when BB was in love with the University of Florida...than now...when he's obviously infatuated by Rutgers' players.