i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately)

Can't trade Brady this year, but if he has an average year by his standards, don't be surprised if BB doesn't consider it next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately)

trade him in about 4 years for Aaron Rodgers and a 1st round pick, TB cant play forever and hes on a decline, guys face it ..... youre all wrong

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately):
    Can't trade Brady this year, but if he has an average year by his standards, don't be surprised if BB doesn't consider it next year.
    Posted by underdoggg

Right, that will happen.  There's a bigger chance of Manning choking again in a big game than Brady been traded because of "an average year".  Brady's average years are better than 90% of starting QBs in the NFL.  Manning chokes again gets sent to the Raiders for two 2nd round picks. Manning is older also in a contract year and doesn't win the big games his OL is getting older and not protecting him well teams in the division are so close they can feel them breathing down their necks. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

trade him in 4 years for Aaron Rodgers and a round 1 pick????

So in 4 years The Packers will trade an elite Rodgers for an end of the road Brady?

.................................. crickets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

ok 2 years? that or we trade him to whoever drafts Colt McCoy, and get him and a 1st rounder... lol jk, maybe we trade him for Flacco

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately):
    In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately) : Right, that will happen.  There's a bigger chance of Manning choking again in a big game than Brady been traded because of "an average year".  Brady's average years are better than 90% of starting QBs in the NFL.  Manning chokes again gets sent to the Raiders for two 2nd round picks. Manning is older also in a contract year and doesn't win the big games his OL is getting older and not protecting him well teams in the division are so close they can feel them breathing down their necks. 
    Posted by Pats7393

I agree Brady's average years are better than most of the league which still makes him tradable even if his play has diminished.  I suppose that I don't really expect this to happen.  Its not as if the pats have a great player behind Brady like the 49ers did when they traded Montana. 

But - Belichick has demonstrated that he is willing to do things others might think unimaginable so if anyone can pull the trigger on a marquis player its Belichick.  And if Brady has a down year, anything is possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by underdoggg

Average year?  So having 1 average year by brady standards is a reason to trade him?  Wouldn't you give him more than 1 average year?  So maybe the Colts should have traded Manning because he had a Non-Manning year in 2008....

You do realize that despite Brady's return from major knee injury, he had the second best year of his career, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately) : Average year?  So having 1 average year by brady standards is a reason to trade him?  Wouldn't you give him more than 1 average year?  So maybe the Colts should have traded Manning because he had a Non-Manning year in 2008.... You do realize that despite Brady's return from major knee injury, he had the second best year of his career, right?
    Posted by m1021us

Statistically, maybe - but as pmike will tell you, statistics can be manipulated to support any story that wants to be told.  I'd bet if you asked Brady if last year was his second best of his career, he'd laugh at you.  This board believes success is only identified by superbowl victories.  Thus, by those standards, Brady has not had a successful season since the 2004 season - quite some time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately) : Statistically, maybe - but as pmike will tell you, statistics can be manipulated to support any story that wants to be told.  I'd bet if you asked Brady if last year was his second best of his career, he'd laugh at you.  This board believes success is only identified by superbowl victories.  Thus, by those standards, Brady has not had a successful season since the 2004 season - quite some time.
    Posted by underdoggg

So trade the whole team....Super Bowl victories is a team accomplishment.....

I guess based on your thinking Manning had an average year of choking...thus he should be traded.....sounds basic and simpleminded, doesn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Cricket.............cricket.................cricket..............

are we really having a trade Brady conversation?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately) : So trade the whole team....Super Bowl victories is a team accomplishment..... I guess based on your thinking Manning had an average year of choking...thus he should be traded.....sounds basic and simpleminded, doesn't it?
    Posted by m1021us

Well we finally have Pats fan who admits Manning's excellence.  Generally this board wants to attribute all of the pats success to brady.  Its the only way for them to attempt to argue that Brady is better than Manning. 

But now we have m10 - agreeing with me that wins are team accomplishments not attributable to individuals.  Thanks for admitting Manning is better. 

As for my prior comments, I was just playing by the board rules.  Since I now have you speaking rationally where other do not, we can have a better discussion.  

My point is that Belichick is a guy who has the cajones to pull the trigger and if Brady's performance diminishes this year, then the possibility of a trade exists.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Brady would have to really, really screw up for Belichick to even get a hint of trading him.  This whole scenario is so ridiculous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The odds of picking a QB of Brady's current abilities in the draft are very slim; even when you factor in what the QB will develop into.  QB's like Brady, Manning, Brees, and so on are few and far between.  You don't trade guys like that, unless you are the Chargers...  

I'd much rather have a good understudy with Brady his last few years.  As for how much longer Brady will play, only one thing worries me.  Brady's once unbreakable body seems to be getting much more injury prone.  It was the knee in 2008 and a multitude of injuries in 2009.  There were a handful of games last year where he was clearly effected by his injuries.  If this trend continues, he will not play until he is 40.  He won't get even close.

Every time I think of how long Brady will play I think of Elway.  I remember thinking Elway was over after the Broncos SB losing streak.  I mean really, the Broncos were going nowhere and Elway looked old.  No sooner did the world write him off and he wins two straight SB's...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from novapatsfan. Show novapatsfan's posts

you're an idiot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to i'm sure this will be an unpopular thought... please read and respond (appropriately):
      (I)'m hoping that we can all be mature adults while posting on this thread  . . .

Posted by FOWLER8196

Well, there's a first time for everything . . .

But seriously, legitimate, top-flight franchise quarterbacks are few and far between. Athletes keep getting bigger and stronger and faster, but the biggest reason so few teams can remain competitive year in and year out is because of the dearth of quality quarterbacks in the league. The reasoning is sound as far as it goes -- Herchel Walker proves this -- , but not with a quarterback . . .  particularly one of the two or three best in the league. Plus, if you factor in the negative fan reaction that would accompany trading the face of the dynasty, I just don't see it happening, realistically. I suppose, in theory, there might be an offer you can't refuse out there somewhere -- like the Cowboys got for Walker -- but I have no idea what that would be or who might be fool enough to pay it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I actually don't find this as crazy as most will. Watching Brady this season...he didn't seem to have that "it" like he used to. I'm a big fan of the "it" factor when it comes to QBs. That whole...I'm gonna go out there and win it now thing...you may be better than me, but you're still going to lose. I saw that with Brady as soon as Bledsoe went down. I saw it with Ryan at BC. I saw it with Tebow at FL (which is why I think he can be an NFL QB...not with the Pats though). There's just those guys who you feel will always bring it home. I haven't seen that with Brady in a few years now (even during the undefeated season). It doesn't look the same. It looks like work now...a paycheck. and that bugs me. You don't have to be the "best QB" in this league to be the best QB. You just need that drive.

Would I trade Brady today...hell no. Would I even draft a QB this year...Maybe if McCoy slips down the Draft Board to round 2. But if I don't see that fire in Brady this year...I'd have to start thinking about starting over with a young hungry guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

There are some teams in the NFL that for the entire existance of the team have never had a QB half as good as Brady.  You would trade that?!?!?  For what?  Brady has 5 good years in him minimum provided he stays healthy and I am of the opinion they need to do everything they can to ensure that, and everything they can to keep him a Patriot until he retires from the game taking his number with him. 

And you sir are late for a tea party with the Mad Hatter. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I'd love for him to go the way of Elway...but if they wind up with a Steve Young, I could see him going the way of Joe Montana too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, I think if this was what they wanted to do, they would have done it when Matt Cassel had his breakout year.  There you had a guy you KNEW could perform in this offense.  Now?  No thanks.  High risk/Low reward.