Implications of Gronk not being ready

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Implications of Gronk not being ready

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

TWO YEARS ago I was on here saying we should trade Welker and Woodhead to Jax for Maurice Jones Drew. I wasn't kidding. 

Hahaha!! Thank goodness you aren't running the team, that would have been horrible!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

At age 36 Brady says he's never felt better and is fully confident in his abilities. The loss of his QB coach who died 15 months ago could impact his throwing mechanics except for the fact that Brady is excited by his replacement. It's Tom House, a retired baseball pitcher who apparently has made a very thorough study of throwing mechanics.

With Tom House's help Brady has set new goals for throwing. He has been taught that he must strive to throw to targets with an error tolerance of 4" instead of 4 feet. While Dobson is probably capable of finding balls thrown as much as 4 feet off target the new standard should make better receivers from all of our WRs. It should increase productivity when throwing into tight quarters too but, as usual, execution is the key!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

TWO YEARS ago I was on here saying we should trade Welker and Woodhead to Jax for Maurice Jones Drew. I wasn't kidding. 

Hahaha!! Thank goodness you aren't running the team, that would have been horrible!

We would have won the SB.  It would have been Brady under Center more, Maurice Jones Drew with BJGE as back up.

It;s pretty clear you have no interest in winning a SB or have nary a clue how a team goes about winning one.

That's pretty clear. Welkie, drops, shotgun spreads have us 0-2 in the SBs.  But, you enjoy, Mr Bandwagon!

C'mon, you don't know that.  You would have got rid of a WR who had over 1500 yards that season for a productive running back.  They might not have even made it to the SB without having a good producte WR.  Who would they have had to throw to besides Gronk and AH81?  Ocho? Branch?  Then Gronk going down in the playoffs, who would you have had for the SB?  If they would have been able to have Welker and Jones-Drew that season, or really any season for that matter they would have won the SB.  But getting rid of the most productive receiver??? Hahahahaha!  The more you post the more it show you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are basing the teams success of 2011 without taking into consideration their most productive receiver.   Give me a break! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Gronk needing double team and sometimes triple, where as Ballard needing single coverage, will hurt the run game. Teams can put extra players in the box to stop the run.

Gronk is also the best blocking TE on the team, which also hurts the run game...

If the Pats wish top commit to 40% run, they need Gronk on the field to make it effective.

No. Ballard is a better player than you think. Also, Ballard can run block, which absolutely does not hurt the run game at all, Corky.

Keep trying.

I hope Ballard is the same player that we saw for the Giants. Guy hasnt played in a long time, and he was a slow guy to begin with, now he is a slow guy coming off serious leg injury.

Gronk was rated the 3rd most efficient blocking TE in the NFL, Ballard is not that good. Ballard will also, never, ever draw anything more than single coverage in any route he runs.

I stand by my comment, Gronk is very, very key in the run game if the Pats intend to use it 40% of the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deep threat is key to the run game.  Spread that defense with a deep threat. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Gronk needing double team and sometimes triple, where as Ballard needing single coverage, will hurt the run game. Teams can put extra players in the box to stop the run.

Gronk is also the best blocking TE on the team, which also hurts the run game...

If the Pats wish top commit to 40% run, they need Gronk on the field to make it effective.

No. Ballard is a better player than you think. Also, Ballard can run block, which absolutely does not hurt the run game at all, Corky.

Keep trying.

I hope Ballard is the same player that we saw for the Giants. Guy hasnt played in a long time, and he was a slow guy to begin with, now he is a slow guy coming off serious leg injury.

Gronk was rated the 3rd most efficient blocking TE in the NFL, Ballard is not that good. Ballard will also, never, ever draw anything more than single coverage in any route he runs.

I stand by my comment, Gronk is very, very key in the run game if the Pats intend to use it 40% of the time.

Ballard was key for the Giants run game. I am not saying Ballard commands doubles like Gronk, just that he is a good receiver at TE and a very good blocker. He has had tons of time to get ready and he will be. He will be just fine, RKrap.

What was Ballard ranked in 2011 for the Giants, RKrap? Hmm?

I will let you know how he looks in July when the pads come on...

I do not have his ranking with the Giants...he had his best games against the Pats, but he was average as a recieving TE. At 6'6" and 270 lbs, I assume he was a good blocker, but in the Pats hierarchy is behind Gronk and Fells as a blocker

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

At age 36 Brady says he's never felt better and is fully confident in his abilities. The loss of his QB coach who died 15 months ago could impact his throwing mechanics except for the fact that Brady is excited by his replacement. It's Tom House, a retired baseball pitcher who apparently has made a very thorough study of throwing mechanics.

With Tom House's help Brady has set new goals for throwing. He has been taught that he must strive to throw to targets with an error tolerance of 4" instead of 4 feet. While Dobson is probably capable of finding balls thrown as much as 4 feet off target the new standard should make better receivers from all of our WRs. It should increase productivity when throwing into tight quarters too but, as usual, execution is the key!

Mechanics/fundamentals are important.  He also needs to remember that it was a team effort when they won 3 superbowls - and that he can't do it by himself. So, mebbe, trying to squeeze one into a 4" opening may NOT be better than the guy who's  wide open.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to moskk's comment:

Mechanics/fundamentals are important.  He also needs to remember that it was a team effort when they won 3 superbowls - and that he can't do it by himself. So, mebbe, trying to squeeze one into a 4" opening may NOT be better than the guy who's  wide open.

I relate mechanics more with throwing bullets and long balls -- not so much touch throws, which I remember he did with more regularity back in the SB years. Sometimes when the QB is so confident with his velocity, he will tend to try and squeeze in those bullets in tight holes instead of throwing the smarter ball. We'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deep threat is key to the run game.  Spread that defense with a deep threat. 

You know absolutely nothing about football and I even question if you started watching our team in 2001. I think it's 2007.

I really do.

I think you bandwagoned over here when Moss and Welker arrived and you were so googly eyed with the fireworks that offense put up, you jumped on the bandwagon.

You freaked out when BB dealt Moss and Welker like a 12 year old girl and now you say "deep threat is a 'key' to the run game"?

When did this happen?  A key to a run game is actually attempting to establish a run, blocking, who your RB is and what their skill set is, and consistency within that. THAT is the key and the only key to a run game.

Randy Moss streaking down the fright flank over and over in 2009 did nothing for our run game in 2009.

Finally, we had no deep threat in 2010 and BJGE reeled off 1000 yards in 12 games as a a lead back, which is actually superb.

If you hit a 1,000 yards in 1972 as an Rb before a 16 game season came into effect, for example, that was a huge deal.

Please stik to your photoshopping. Seriously. You're becoming incredibly annoying.

Dude!  Have you ever even played the game?  I think not!  I think you are a arm chair GM, Coach, and player!!

LOL at you bringing up RB's in 1972!! Seriously??? 1972?   The game has changed since 1972!  Hell, the game has changed since the last time the Pats won a SB.

Say what you want about when I became a Pats fan, I told you when and why I became a Pats fan but heck, that doesn't even matter.  It's football!  Doesn't matter who you are a fan of, if you have been involved in football for a long period of time and understand the game then it doesn't matter who you are a fan of.  What a lame argument you make by always bringing that up.  Hell, I have probably been involved in football longer then you have SO go get your shine box....PAL! 

You will not have a whole lot of success running the ball against the better defenses if you don't spread the defense out.  You need a legit deep threat to spread the defense out.  It doesn't get more simple then that.  Laurence Marony had 835 yards rushing in 13 games in 2007.  LAURENCE MARONY for crying out loud!  His most productive season and he only played 13 games, and we are talking about LAURENCE MARONY here!!  Thanks to Randy Moss and his deep threat!  That's what a deep threat does for you.  BTW, greatest regular season ever!!  Moss had a great season, Welker had a very good season, Marony had a very good season, everyone had a good season thanks to having a legit deep threat to spread defenses out.   And don't forget, that SB 2007 was gift wrapped with a big red bow by deep threat Randy Moss until BB and his defense couldn't stop the Giants in their last drive of the game.  Pathetic!

People argue... well the Pats did good after they let Moss go!! Give me a break!  What a lame argument!  Without a deep threat all teams had to do was play the mid to short game, which is all the Pats had since their deep threat was gone and that's exactly what Rex Ryan and the Jets defense did in the playoffs.  Put everyone in the box, play the mid to short game which is so much easier to stop the run playing like that. 

A legit deep threat truly spreads the defense which opens up the run game and opens up everything.  Been the Pats problem since letting Moss go!  What part of this don't you understand?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Like I said you know nothing about this game if you think a deep threat makes you have a good run game.

This has to be the most idiotic statement I think I have ever read or heard.  No surprise that it came from Rusty!  Bwahahahahaha!  You are such a troll!  Clearly you have never played the game!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

priceless TFB12!

Well, preparation is one thing and execution is completely different. 

Lets assume for a second that Dobson & Boyce see some reps. Best case, they both work out, and can contribute to the offense. IF this is the case, i feel much better about the Pats offense putting up points in Gronk's absence until he is able to play. IF not, what are the options? Danny, Hern and crossing fingers Ballard is healthy and picks up the offense? That's a lot of eggs to put into that bucket. 

I am not kidding myself on Gronk. A healthy Gronk makes this offense go. He is in my opinion even a larger contributing factor to the success of the Pats offense than Welker. He simply does more and is uncoverable. There is no other offensive player on our team that requires the same attention as Gronk from opposing defenses. 

You dont mention Amendola? Do people around here really think the guy is chopped liver? Cathcing 80+ passes from whats his name! IF we target him like Welker - and I hope we do distribute more - because the other players are good and getting open... but if we did he would catch 100 passes.

Do not overlook Amendola. Hope the rest of the league does!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Like I said you know nothing about this game if you think a deep threat makes you have a good run game.

This has to be the most idiotic statement I think I have ever read or heard.  No surprise that it came from Rusty!  Bwahahahahaha!  You are such a troll!  Clearly you have never played the game!

Al? Al, is that you? Willie Gault, Heyward-Bey and whatever other "deep threat" he drafted or brought in there, all say hello.

The most idiotic statement ever is really what you said.  Plopping a fast guy who can run routes deep on the field in no way is the key to a good ground game.  That's a legendary kind of dumb.

Look, I know you're embarrassed at this point, but it's not your first or last time in being embarrassed.

What part of legit deep threat did you not understand in my post? 

Clearly you have never played the game.  You really have no clue what you are talking about.  Here... I found a forum for you to join, I think you have experience playing with dolls!

Here ya go...

http://www.weplaywithdolls.net/forums/