Implications of Gronk not being ready

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Implications of Gronk not being ready

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I go by facts. I go by all the info I can gather and what I see on that field.

A fact is that the Patriots run a lot of plays from the shotgun.

A fact might be that Tom Brady once said he prefers the shotgun.

Your interpretation of these facts which is this whole narrative you have been pushing where Brady ruins the offense and Belichick does nothing about it is not a fact no matter how much you want it to be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The OC is also to blame for the playcalling. Note how O'Brien and McDaniels appear to the same guy, however. What does that tell you?

First of all I don't think Obie and McD were the same guy.  Regardless though that observation is just as consistent with the claim that we run the offense we do because BB wants to run it as it is your claims about Brady.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"I prefer the shotgun." - Tom Brady

What's silly and moronic is Tom Brady not realizig it's not all about him, his arm and the shotgun.

Keep insulting me. I go by facts. I go by all the info I can gather and what I see on that field.

Gimmick offenses don't win SBs. A no huddle or a shotgun spread are gimmicks or wrinkles.  Real Pats fans are annoyed with this, they're not enjoying it.

The OC is also to blame for the playcalling. Note how O'Brien and McDaniels appear to the same guy, however. What does that tell you?

Moronic is claiming something that is pure speculation on your part as fact.

Also the Patriots ranked 2nd in the entire NFL in rushing attempts last season, these were nothing like the Bill O'Brien Patriots, was it Brady's fault they lost?  

The team lost, it's a team game, the team wasn't tough enough, they got smacked in the mouth by the Ravens after the half and had no response, these are the characteristics of a young team who need to create an identity, who need to toughen from their struggles, who need an influx of wide receiver talent.  

They are on the correct path to playing Super Bowl winning football since McDaniels came back but it wasn't just going to be handed to them, they need to earn it.  I wasn't calling you names, I was saying your opinion was off base, there's a big difference.  That you're so sensitive about something that's gotten you banned 30+ times is funny...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

TWO YEARS ago I was on here saying we should trade Welker and Woodhead to Jax for Maurice Jones Drew. I wasn't kidding. 

Hahaha!! Thank goodness you aren't running the team, that would have been horrible!

We would have won the SB.  It would have been Brady under Center more, Maurice Jones Drew with BJGE as back up.

It;s pretty clear you have no interest in winning a SB or have nary a clue how a team goes about winning one.

That's pretty clear. Welkie, drops, shotgun spreads have us 0-2 in the SBs.  But, you enjoy, Mr Bandwagon!

C'mon, you don't know that.  You would have got rid of a WR who had over 1500 yards that season for a productive running back.  They might not have even made it to the SB without having a good producte WR.  Who would they have had to throw to besides Gronk and AH81?  Ocho? Branch?  Then Gronk going down in the playoffs, who would you have had for the SB?  If they would have been able to have Welker and Jones-Drew that season, or really any season for that matter they would have won the SB.  But getting rid of the most productive receiver??? Hahahahaha!  The more you post the more it show you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are basing the teams success of 2011 without taking into consideration their most productive receiver.   Give me a break! 

We would have won the SB.

you must also remember TFB that Rusty will never give the opponent any credit and figures the Pats were playing against themselves any time they lose

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Fells-6'4"  265 lbs

Ballard-6'6" 270 lbs

2010 Fells  41 rcpts/391 yards/2 td

2011 Ballard  38 rcpts/604 yards/4td

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So, all speculation is "moronic"?  That doesn't make sense. I could see if I was coming to this opinion based on no evidence or a one off example, but that is not the case whatsoever.

I have presented mountains of evidence.

Welker being offered a severely reduced contract is the final piece. Welker was only effective out of the shotgun.

I suspect if Brady got everything he wanted, than Welker would still be a Patriot.

Welker is only effective out of the shotgun is nonsensical, he is good in the slot wherever the QB lines up.  

All of your mountains of evidence don't amount to a hill of beans because they are all opinion.  The Patriots wouldn't have been able to rebuild on the fly unless they had the highest caliber of QB to carry them through the rough patches, I guess you can't remember what came before Belichick or even what a real pass happy, diva QB looks like or you would remember Drew Bledsoe.  Brady is not the problem, he is part of the solution.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

So, all speculation is "moronic"?  That doesn't make sense. I could see if I was coming to this opinion based on no evidence or a one off example, but that is not the case whatsoever.

Welker being offered a severely reduced contract is the final piece. Welker was only effective out of the shotgun.

I suspect if Brady got everything he wanted, than Welker would still be a Patriot.

Welker is only effective out of the shotgun is nonsensical, he is good in the slot wherever the QB lines up.  

All of your mountains of evidence don't amount to a hill of beans because they are all opinion.  The Patriots wouldn't have been able to rebuild on the fly unless they had the highest caliber of QB to carry them through the rough patches, I guess you can't remember what came before Belichick or even what a real pass happy, diva QB looks like or you would remember Drew Bledsoe.  Brady is not the problem, he is part of the solution.

You are making far too much sense.  If TB called the shots Branch wouldn't have left the first time either.  You can go on and on making rational statements, but some will never see it.

As for the "I prefer the shotgun" stuff, I'm sure if you asked all 53 guys on the roster they'd say "I prefer to be a starter".  Wishing and hoping doesn't make it so.  You earn it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No, he's not.  BB just walked from Welker. BB has dealt Moss.  BB has walked from Branch.

This is BB slapping Brady.  

/facepalm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

But, you can't ignore what I have brought into these discussions from a factual standpoint.  The data is not concocted. It's real.

28 TDs, 19 INTs since 2005 in the postseason.

There was a guy a while back ... his name will come to me in a minute ... anyway this guy had 3 TDs and 7 INTs through 4 postseason games one year. 

You know what they called the guy who had these horrendous stats?   SB Champion.

Peyton Manning 2006.    

"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable".    - Mark Twain

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

You are making far too much sense.  If TB called the shots Branch wouldn't have left the first time either.  You can go on and on making rational statements, but some will never see it.

As for the "I prefer the shotgun" stuff, I'm sure if you asked all 53 guys on the roster they'd say "I prefer to be a starter".  Wishing and hoping doesn't make it so.  You earn it.

No, he's not.  BB just walked from Welker. BB has dealt Moss.  BB has walked from Branch

This is BB slapping Brady.  You two are supporting my points for me. BB takes into account his QBs wants and wishes, but also has to rein him in from time to time, too.

Do the math, guys.  The writing is on the wall. BB isn't walking from Welkie and then paying for Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings, he's getting younger and bettr value with Amendola over Welker, and then throwing about 12 WRs up against the wall for a search for about 3 roster spots.

That means Brady has to get back to basics and there is no more big name on the jersey anymore at that position.

Why do yout think he has these guys on D without names on their jerseys in camp? By mistake? Did they fire the team sewer? lol

Keep up with the rest of the class.  I said the first time Branch was let go.  So, Branch was let go the first time (presumably against TB's wishes), yet BB brought him back.   I suppose that was to appease TB???  

I'm really having trouble with your circuitous logic.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Maybe, just maybe BB agrees with my analysis and they've finally realized that Welkie-centric offense ship has sailed? Wasn't I the one who said Welkie's best deal was the one they gave him in 2011 and that once they paid Hernandez on the heels of Gronk, Welkie was likely gone?

I think I was.

It's kind of funny how I've also nailed each and every FA move or non move this offseason isn't it? My lone disagreement with BB was only on the Mankins situaton, and really, how good has Mankins been since 2010?  Has he been the best LG in the league. No.

Maybe I just know how BB thinks pretty well and have a really good handle on this stuff?  Could it be, Wozzy?

I think it just might be that simple.

It all makes perfect sense to me now, you're a sociopath...

You haven't predicted anything, Belichick hasn't asked you for your opinion, you certainly don't know the inner workings of BB's mind.  I'd go as far to say know less about football than at least a third or more of the posters here, you borrow (steal) most of your opinions from others then start new threads rehashing other's ideas as your own, often twisting them into some scary Tim Burton-esque version of the truth.   

Your only original idea is that Brady is a problem, and that's about as useful as a knuckle in my Johnson.  Welker's contract had nothing to do with Brady at all, it was a business decision.  He wasn't sending a message to Brady, they offered Welker a better than market deal the year before and he turned it down.  They let Moss go because he was a malcontent who went toe to toe with O'Brien at the half of the Dolphin's game, they had to be separated by players, that's my inside information from somebody who rents houses to Patriot players. I can send you a picture of me hanging with Ty Law and Milloy if you like.  

Your brand of hate is no better than the "pink hats" and "trolls" that you lambaste.  

I would say to all of you, the world isn't black or white, there's never a single reason why teams lose; not talent, not coaching, not GM'ing... it's usually a combination of them all.  The Ravens beat us because they were tougher, mentally and physically, in fact I could say that about every team that's knocked us out of the playoffs; nothing more.  This is football, not a soap opera.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I need to address your other arrogant word choice of "nonsensical" on a separate response.

Here's how it's VERY, very sensical:

Welker has short legs. Welker's entire skill set is about quick cuts and short routes.  If Brady is dropping back from under Center, the time he would be using to hit Welker when he sees Welker's release in the shotgun, he throws quicker.

If he's dropping back into a pocket, thoese 2-3 seconds tick away and Welker's route running range is compromised by that time because he isn't effective the longer the route is. It's also why his YAC is only tied to situations when he's taking the ball in a screen. He has short legs, not his fault. But this is the truth.

So, yes, Welker was only effective in the shotgun spreads.   Go look at games where he didn't do much.  What's funny is, we actually WON those games.  2010 is a good place to look.

Sort of ironic that there are two Welkers in the shotgun, isn't it?

1. Welker's great stats against bad or mediocre D in the shotgun = Easy win.

2. Welker's good great stats in games vs good or great Ds = Loss.

His other main flaw due to his size is he's not  red zone threat. So, he can put up 8 grabs for a 100 yards, but we might only score 14 points, so what good is that production 

And this is commonly referred to as junk science...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maybe, just maybe BB agrees with my analysis and they've finally realized that Welkie-centric offense ship has sailed? Wasn't I the one who said Welkie's best deal was the one they gave him in 2011 and that once they paid Hernandez on the heels of Gronk, Welkie was likely gone?

I think I was.

It's kind of funny how I've also nailed each and every FA move or non move this offseason isn't it? My lone disagreement with BB was only on the Mankins situaton, and really, how good has Mankins been since 2010?  Has he been the best LG in the league. No.

Maybe I just know how BB thinks pretty well and have a really good handle on this stuff?  Could it be, Wozzy?

I think it just might be that simple.

It all makes perfect sense to me know, you're a sociopath...

You haven't predicted anything, Belichick hasn't asked you for your opinion, you certainly don't know the inner workings of BB's mind.  I'd go as far to say know less about football than at least a third or more of the posters here, you borrow (steal) most of your opinions from others then start new threads rehashing other's ideas as your own, often twisting them into some scary Tim Burton-esque version of the truth.   

Your only original idea is that Brady is a problem, and that's about as useful as a knuckle in my Johnson.  Welker's contract had nothing to do with Brady at all, it was a business decision.  He wasn't sending a message to Brady, they offered Welker a better than market deal the year before and he turned it down.  They let Moss go because he was a malcontent who went toe to toe with O'Brien at the half of the Dolphin's game, they had to be separated by players, that's my inside information from somebody who rents houses to Patriot players. I can send you a picture of me hanging with Ty Law and Milloy if you like.  

Your brand of hate is no better than the "pink hats" and "trolls" that you lambaste.  

I would say to all of you, the world isn't black or white, there's never a single reason why teams lose; not talent, not coaching, not GM'ing... it's usually a combination of them all.  The Ravens beat us because they were tougher, mentally and physically, in fact I could say that about every team that's knocked us out of the playoffs; nothing more.  This is football, not a soap opera.

OMG, I don't know what's worse. Wozzy's absolute destruction of Rusty or PCMIV killing him with the face palm.

Rusty, I don't feel bad for piling on. I've been telling you the same for years. Tom Brady is never a problem. BB has lost more coaches over the last 13 years then probably any coach of 1 team in NFL history.

Enough is enough...