IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!! (Seymour Related)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!! (Seymour Related)

if he refuses to go play in oakland will we lose the first rounder in 2011? i would hate to lose him for zero compensation because hes having a temper tantrum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!! (Seymour Related)

yes..that would be the case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

It depends on what the Raiders want to do.  They could choose to retain his rights, in which case NE would keep the 1st rounder.  A similar situation happened when Denver traded Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay (for a 5th rounder?).  Jake the Snake decided to retire instead of playing for Tampa, but Tampa wanted to keep his rights, so they didn't take back their draft pick.

In all likelihood though, we would lose the 1st rounder and get a disgruntled Seymour back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!! (Seymour Related):
    [QUOTE]It depends on what the Raiders want to do.  They could choose to retain his rights, in which case NE would keep the 1st rounder.  A similar situation happened when Denver traded Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay (for a 5th rounder?).  Jake the Snake decided to retire instead of playing for Tampa, but Tampa wanted to keep his rights, so they didn't take back their draft pick. In all likelihood though, we would lose the 1st rounder and get a disgruntled Seymour back.
    Posted by RahZid[/QUOTE]There is no such rule in place which sends the compensation back for a traded player,once the trade is consumated unless there is an injury and assuming the commish approved the trade,then Seymour is a Raider..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!! (Seymour Related):
    [QUOTE]It depends on what the Raiders want to do.  They could choose to retain his rights, in which case NE would keep the 1st rounder.  A similar situation happened when Denver traded Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay (for a 5th rounder?).  Jake the Snake decided to retire instead of playing for Tampa, but Tampa wanted to keep his rights, so they didn't take back their draft pick. In all likelihood though, we would lose the 1st rounder and get a disgruntled Seymour back.
    Posted by RahZid[/QUOTE]A disgruntled Seymour will not be playing for the Pats this year or anywhere else other than Oakland. He either honors his contract  in the trade or the Pats can put him on the retired list and he will miss the whole season with no salary and lose the ability to become a free agent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

In the case of a trade being rescinded both teams need to agree to rescind it right?

And you are correct that he either plays or doesn't become an FA after the season.  What he should do is just suffer through the season in Oakland and cash in after the season.  He should be a standout on Oakland's dreadful D line even if he isn't giving 100%.