IN BILL WE TRUST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

IN BILL WE TRUST

I WISH I COULD SEE INSIDE HIS HEAD AND SEE WHAT HE'S THINKING--SO FAR THE PATS ARE SPINNING THEIR WHEELS TO TRY AND STAY EVEN WITH LAST SEASON RATHER THAN TRY TO IMPROVE--DOES HE ACTUALLY THINK THAT TAKING ON MORE COACHING RESPONSIBITIES WILL MAKE THE TEAM AS CONSTRUCTED NOW A CONTENDER??  MAYBE HE'S GOT A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE IN MIND!!  WE'LL SEE--  HASTE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: IN BILL WE TRUST

i think he lost trust in himself that last coupla seasons and is not letting anything out this time around until we see the final product at mini-camp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaBostonFan. Show VirginiaBostonFan's posts

You know I have lost alot of trust in BB the past few years. spread offence is not how you win. when he won us all of those rings we had a pretty good defence and an even better run game. so until they get both of those back and stop trying to be like peyton manning and the colts. Oh and letting Romeo and Weis go was one of the worst things he could have done as well! I feel kraft should give hime 2-3 years if he doesnt put another ring on his had within that time hes gotta kick hime out and keep up with the phins and jets. Cause if hes not careful they're going to end up as bad as them bills!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: IN BILL WE TRUST:
    You know I have lost alot of trust in BB the past few years. spread offence is not how you win. when he won us all of those rings we had a pretty good defence and an even better run game. so until they get both of those back and stop trying to be like peyton manning and the colts. Oh and letting Romeo and Weis go was one of the worst things he could have done as well! I feel kraft should give hime 2-3 years if he doesnt put another ring on his had within that time hes gotta kick hime out and keep up with the phins and jets. Cause if hes not careful they're going to end up as bad as them bills!!!
    Posted by VirginiaBostonFan

Agreed.  I actually vomited in my mouth when I read the Koolaid mantra. Still think BB is a very good coach, but he's gonna need to change some things this year. It'll be interesting to see how having no Offensive or Defensive Coordinator will affect the team. Other teams have adapted to the Patriots - so, I think BB will have to do something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Oh and letting Romeo and Weis go was one of the worst things he could have done as well! Posted by VirginiaBostonFan

what's BB suppose to do? they were offered heading coaching jobs which pays better than a coordinator's job

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't know what these guys want either Encinitas.  We are in the start of a complete retool for the organization in players, coaching and office.  Yet we are still competitive?  How can this be? 

Teams have caught up with us because of the talent drain.  It happens.  It's natural whether we're talking about the pre FA era or the FA era.  Until we retool this is how it's going to be. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE.  We had TWO not so great years.  TWO.  Both were the result of one thing... Tom Brady's knee.  He wasn't quite right last year, if he leads Faulk on the 4th and 2 we get it.  Little things.  Yes the D slipped some.  We had last minute retirements of two starters!  Name ONE better coach.  There isn't one.  Payton in NO may be close, but not there yet.  Teams haven't "caught up" with us.  We played a details oriented brand of football that just flat outperformed most.  Some of that slipped.  Its not some catastrophic loss of talent. We will be better off without a few players, and we are keeping the most important FAs and adding as it makes sense.  Name all the teams that won MULTIPLE Superbowls in the last decade.  TWO.  Either one go nuts in free agency during that period?  NOPE.  Who did?  Redskins, Raiders, Cowboys, and a host of also rans.  But you people still come here and because of TWO DOWN YEARS claim the whole system is invalid.  Wow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Other teams with sustained sucess fall off for decades.  The 90s Cowboys finally won their first playoff game in 15 years,   The 80s niners have never returned.  The four SB Bills have never returned.  The Colts have one ring and a string of humiliating playoff defeats.  The Chargers never reached the top.  The Steelers have followedup their ring by not even making the post season, If BB hit the market tomorrow, he would have teams falling at his feet.  In a free agency era, he built a dynasty that won three rings, rebuilt them to within a minute of perfection, went 11-5 with a devastating injury to his most important player, and went 10-6 while beginning the overhaul of his aging defense.  He positioned his team expertly with 4 high picks in what is regarded as the deepest draft in 25 years, and 3 high picks in what could be the cheapest (rookie wage scale perhaps in place).  You BB critics are just completely stupid.  Do you honestly fantasize that you know more about how to build a winning team? Pour yourselves another glass of that Kool aid.
    Posted by Encinitas

Amen  brother!!! I can't believe the under the bus stuff about BB. I would not want another coach on this earth for the Pats!!! I would not trust him flying my helicopter but I will always trust him coaching the Pats because thats what he is the BEST at. Go Pats and BB!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You're such an idiot I don't know why I'm wasting my time.  In 2001, the Pats were 13th in rushing in the NFL and 24th in total defense.  In 2003, 27th in rushing and 7th in defense, and in 2004, 7th and 9th.  In 2007, they were 1st and 4th and won 18 games with that crappy spread offense.  Crennel and Weis left for HC jobs.  It's a free country (for the time being).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaBostonFan. Show VirginiaBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: IN BILL WE TRUST : You're such an idiot I don't know why I'm wasting my time.  In 2001, the Pats were 13th in rushing in the NFL and 24th in total defense.  In 2003, 27th in rushing and 7th in defense, and in 2004, 7th and 9th.  In 2007, they were 1st and 4th and won 18 games with that crappy spread offense.  Crennel and Weis left for HC jobs.  It's a free country (for the time being).
    Posted by Muzwell

First off Im no idiot. That is the worst start to an argument you dont make yourself look like your any smarter by slandering me. Secondly DID A RING COME TO US IN '08? NO! Who didnt we have? well that would be ROMEO AND CHARLIE! we had a chance to get them back but no he didnt get them. Its about Balance thts what both of them brought they made sure that there was balance on offence and defence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Hey everybody- the reason we won championships with defense and now we focus on offense is because the rules changed!!! the NFL evolved into an offensive league because of Bill Polian (Colts) Belichick is adapting to his surroundings, which is what a real genius does, rather than sticking to an outdated plan that doesn't translate to todays NFL. Belichick knows exactly what he is doing.
    Posted by grammbo14

Ding, ding, ding!

Add to this the type of defenses are also changing, and the Pats are in the process of revamping the defense. 

Had the Competition Committee placed as much "emphasis" on offensive holding as defensive holding, it may have even out the two, but there would be a penalty on every play.  That's how ridiculous the defensive holding "emphasis" is.

Re Weis - I know a young man who played at ND.  Weis did not want to return to the NEP, nor should we want him.  BB was a micro manager back in the day too.  Much of Weis' "genius" was obviously not really his or his alone - owing to the HUGE lack of success at ND.  Not to mention the only thing fatter than his backside is his overly inflated ego. Let's say Grade AAA Jerk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: IN BILL WE TRUST : First off Im no idiot. That is the worst start to an argument you dont make yourself look like your any smarter by slandering me. Secondly DID A RING COME TO US IN '08? NO! Who didnt we have? well that would be ROMEO AND CHARLIE! we had a chance to get them back but no he didnt get them. Its about Balance thts what both of them brought they made sure that there was balance on offence and defence.

Whatever.  You sound like a troll. 

I don't know about you, but I never got a ring in the first place.  Those are reserved for players and staff.  I'm not part of the team, just a fan.  Maybe you are? 

Who says those coaches had any interest in coming back?  Do you know the first thing about that, or whether they were approached by the Pats? 

"Balance" doesn't mean anything.  It's just talk, like saying the defense wasn't any good in 2007.  Back it up with facts.  But you can't, so you argue nonsense, like balance and we need to get back to running the ball.  1st on offense and 4th on defense in 2007 is pretty good "balance" in my book.

Belichick screwed up in that Super Bowl in about eight ways.  That's why they lost.  That and some once in a lifetime bounces of the ball.  Doesn't mean it wasn't a great team.  Do you think the team in 2001 was a better football team than the Rams?  If so, you're really an idiot.

14. This post has been removed.