in bill we trust...maybe.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

in bill we trust...maybe.

the guy is a genius, great coach but why does he trade so many good players. Moss gone (screw him anyway glad he is gone he is a cancer) so now who fills in for speed, hands and deep shots, trades seymour with no clear back up and now look at our d one of the worst. i know the guy is smart and i love him as a coach i just dont understand his moves to trade top guys with no clear back up to fill in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

Re: in bill we trust...maybe.

not saying seymour was our whole d but he also got rid of hobbs, let samuel walk out the door even though the guy is a problem and lets some big plays get passed him he is still dominant and usually has lots of picks. just want to say it one more time I LOVE BB AS A COACH I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND HIS WILLINGNESS TO TRADE STARTERS WITH NO CLEAR PLAYER TO FILL IN FOR THE TRADED PLAYER

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

It is not for  you to understand, you sir are a mere mortal. Bill is divine, we must pray at his idol and knowing he knows what is best for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It will all become clear to you next year and for several years after that.  The person who filled in was a draft pick.  You have to be able to see some promising young talent on the team now right?  Now imagine the 2 picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft.  Now imagine if we use those picks half as well as our last two drafts.

The Pats figured out how to conduct a massive reloading of the roster without having a losing season.  Had we kept those players it wouldn't have been possible.  We're witnessing what is probably the most massive and rapid reload of any team in the modern era.  I read somewhere today that if we end up keeping our picks in the top 4 rounds next year and hit on most of them, the Pats will have about 21 players on the roster drafted between 2009-2011.  We're witnessing what will be a case study for GM's needing to rebuild their teams. BB is putting on a clinic right now.  Sit back and enjoy the ride.  We're going to have a great team for years to come.  These recent unpopular player and draft day trades are the reason why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to in bill we trust...maybe.:
    [QUOTE]the guy is a genius, great coach but why does he trade so many good players. Moss gone (screw him anyway glad he is gone he is a cancer) so now who fills in for speed, hands and deep shots, trades seymour with no clear back up and now look at our d one of the worst. i know the guy is smart and i love him as a coach i just dont understand his moves to trade top guys with no clear back up to fill in
    Posted by patsfan1994[/QUOTE]
    IN BILL I TRUST. NOT MAYBE.  ABSOLUTELY.  NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.  3 SUPERBOWL WINS AND 4 APPEARANCES IN ONE DECADE.  YOU CAN'T QUESTION THAT.  HE ALWAYS DID WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT, AND MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T AGREE.  WHAT HE DID FOR US IS NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD DOUBT HIM FOR.  WE SHOULD REVERE, CHERISH, PUT ON A PEDESTAL, AND EVERY OTHER HONOR YOU CAN NAME.  40 YEARS OF MISERY, AND ONE GUY LIFTS AN ENTIRE FRANCHISE FOR 10 YEARS.  YOU ARE ONE SAD SACK OF FARTS FOR EVEN SAYING WHAT YOU SAID.  UNGRATEFUL.  YOU DESERVE TO BE A LIONS FAN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I feel pretty strongly about that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to in bill we trust...maybe.:
    [QUOTE]the guy is a genius, great coach but why does he trade so many good players.
    Posted by patsfan1994[/QUOTE]

to rebuild

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Take that you sack of farts! ahahahahahahahahah lol!@!!!! And if you were born in 1994 I can understand your frustration, becuase I was watching the Pat's since the early 90's, so it is easy for me to sit back and let BB do his thing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: in bill we trust...maybe.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to in bill we trust...maybe. : IN BILL I TRUST. NOT MAYBE.  ABSOLUTELY.  NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.  3 SUPERBOWL WINS AND 4 APPEARANCES IN ONE DECADE.  YOU CAN'T QUESTION THAT.  HE ALWAYS DID WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT, AND MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T AGREE.  WHAT HE DID FOR US IS NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD DOUBT HIM FOR.  WE SHOULD REVERE, CHERISH, PUT ON A PEDESTAL, AND EVERY OTHER HONOR YOU CAN NAME.  40 YEARS OF MISERY, AND ONE GUY LIFTS AN ENTIRE FRANCHISE FOR 10 YEARS.  YOU ARE ONE SAD SACK OF FARTS FOR EVEN SAYING WHAT YOU SAID.  UNGRATEFUL.  YOU DESERVE TO BE A LIONS FAN.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

And, not more importantly but as importantly, those accomplishments are only up to the present. What will we be saying about BB in ten years from now? There will not be too many doubters left then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

[QUOTE]It will all become clear to you next year and for several years after that.  The person who filled in was a draft pick.  You have to be able to see some promising young talent on the team now right?  Now imagine the 2 picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft.  Now imagine if we use those picks half as well as our last two drafts. The Pats figured out how to conduct a massive reloading of the roster without having a losing season.  Had we kept those players it wouldn't have been possible.  We're witnessing what is probably the most massive and rapid reload of any team in the modern era.  I read somewhere today that if we end up keeping our picks in the top 4 rounds next year and hit on most of them, the Pats will have about 21 players on the roster drafted between 2009-2011.  We're witnessing what will be a case study for GM's needing to rebuild their teams. BB is putting on a clinic right now.  Sit back and enjoy the ride.  We're going to have a great team for years to come.  These recent unpopular player and draft day trades are the reason why.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

BOOM!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

P.S. the Pats are a Tom Brady replacement away from being relevent for the next decade.What BB has been able to pull off draft after draft is amazing....We had Moss for 4 of his "declining" yrs and BB was somehow able to increase his stock and garner a 3rd rnd pick.In BB I trust.....HELL YES!!!

Or would u rather Rod Rust and an aging Steve Grogan leading the way towards the future???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Anyone else find it odd how much BB has been smiling and happy lately?  Did he start taking meds?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

BB understands how to keep a team competitive over the long term. 

BB has a plan but you can't see it because you can't look beyond the next game or next football season. That's what you judge his moves on- the next game.  I think you are looking at BB through a "Raiders" lens. The Raiders do the things that guys like you want. They overpay, trade up in the draft, waste picks, make knee jerk reactions after a loss and so forth. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else find it odd how much BB has been smiling and happy lately?  Did he start taking meds?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    its a big grin, he is an underdog again and is ready to show everyone what the Patriots are all about. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy is in my opinion the best coach in the nfl now or perhaps ever. He is innovative and always gets his teams to improve and build momentum towards the playoffs. He manages a team; injuries, ego's, media, coaches as well as you're going to find. Does his ego get in the way of some personell moves? I don't really know, because he makes up for it with outstanding coaching and wins.... but maybe.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Ask yourself this question- Of all the players that thave been released/traded recently, how many have performed better than when they were here and how many have performed to the level of pay they demanded that the FO did not accomodate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I had many of the same doubts as BB cut players without having clear replacements for them.  But as I watch the results--a team that isn't great now (though still quite competitive--and even a contender for the championship in a league where there are no great teams) but that looks like it's going to peak for the last few years of Brady's career--I'm impressed.  I think Bill's plan (and Kraft's too) is to get this team another Super Bowl championship or two in the final years of Brady's career so he goes out a winner.  It's really quite brilliant, especially since they're keeping the team fun to watch all the way through the rebuilding years.   I'm more excited about this team this year than I've been in a while.  I'm not sure they'll win this year, but I think the future is very bright.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

When all is said and done, the Pats 2000s will look like this:

-3 Super Bowl Rings
    -18-1 and seconds from a 4th
    -All-Time Great QB
    -All Time Great Coach
    -One of the greatest groups of employees (Weis, Crennel, Mangini, McDaniels, Pioli, Dmitroff all at one time)
    -Historic season of 07 (most points scored by a team, most TD passes, most TD receptions)
    -One of the more remarkable SB runs in the history of the NFL in 01
    -A truly DOMINANT period of 03-04 where they went 28-4 in regular season, 6-0 in the playoffs winning both trophies. Those defenses were amazing
    -For the first half of the decade, BB had a stranglehold on the draft and made numerous moves that led to people calling him a genius

Knowing where he's led this team in the past, I'll put my faith in him until he's no longer in NE. He brought us one of the best periods in football history for ANY team. In the day of parity, FA, greedy agents, mega-ego athletes, BB put together a true Dynasty when all the pundits were sure no team could do it again.

A 'down' year was losing Tom, and going 11-5 with a backup, and missing the playoffs. Some people look at 07 as a disappointment! It still stings, sure (really, that was his last catch in the NFL!!!!!), but history will remember that team fondly, and the NYG SHOULD get a fair amount of respect for doing what noone else could do in 18 tries.

I guarantee there will be down years, but don't forget where this team came from. I'm 30, and just old enough to remember noodle armed Hugh Millen throwing passes in the early 90s, and John Stephens bowling over people. I remember when Maurice Hurst was the ONLY hope in a woeful secondary, and I remember the Undertaker, Vincent Brown making tackles by the bushelfull, and playing his last year on wrecked knees to put it all on the line for an awful Pats team.

So, yes, for me, Kraft and BB will ALWAYS have my faith. They always put the TEAM first, and I respect that above anything else. Players come and go, but the New England Patriots will be here (hopefully) forever, and those 2 treat it that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

"EGO"= an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.

Does BB act in an egotistical manner= No

If he did would he be entitlied to, given the obvious pride he should take in what he has accomplished this past decade= Yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]It is not for  you to understand, you sir are a mere mortal. Bill is divine, we must pray at his idol and knowing he knows what is best for us.
    Posted by VirginiaPats[/QUOTE]

That pink hat must be cutting off the blood flow to your brain

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Too many fans think for the present with "why now" types of thinking.  They also think the Pats should get every name player available and then question why the Pats didn't sign this guy or trade for this guy etc.  Patsfaninpa makes a very good point..  have we seen any Patriots player who left the team or was traded away that exceeded what they did while with the Pats?  Seems BB knows when to let them go and when to get them.  Like planting a garden, seeds take time to grow and BB is cultivating a team to grow and be a BIG winner.  Fans need patience.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Too many fans think for the present with "why now" types of thinking.  They also think the Pats should get every name player available and then question why the Pats didn't sign this guy or trade for this guy etc.  Patsfaninpa makes a very good point..  have we seen any Patriots player who left the team or was traded away that exceeded what they did while with the Pats?  Seems BB knows when to let them go and when to get them.  Like planting a garden, seeds take time to grow and BB is cultivating a team to grow and be a BIG winner.  Fans need patience.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Good post except I would change one statement. I would say fairweather fans need patience. Real Pats fans have the patience of a saint unless they are under 17 years of age or a newby.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I trust Bill 100%, I may be wrong, but I've never seen him make a decision that came back an bit him...