In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity

The old thread was closed, so here is the new one.

Nutshell:

I pledge to donate $100 for the divisional win they already have.

If the Pats win the AFCC, I will donate another $100.

If they win the Super Bowl, another $200.

Since I believe they will win it all, I have already set aside $400.  Shenanigan had the good idea of the Ronald McDonald House.  I will check if they are affiliated with the Patriots charitable foundation.

Currently on board with their respective donation pledges are:

- pezz4pats, who inspired this drive with his MHK thread

- NY-PATS-FAN4

- justme2

- ATJ

- Quagmire3

- ddimaria

Thanks to all.

Hopefully, some more folks will read this and make a pledge.  Any amount welcome.

I think the best, safest way to make the donations is on your own.  Send me a copy of your receipt, in which you should block out personal identifying info, and just reveal your charity, dollar amount, your first name and log-on ID.  A photo of you watching the Pats would also be cool.  I will put them all together in a collage and send them or bring them to the foundation, and anybody who wants to go along is welcome.  

MHK did so much in charity.  I am sure it would very gratifying for her family to know she has inspired an albeit humble-but-heartfelt gesture from their dedicated Pats fans.

Thanks for your support and GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity

if you want to do that you do that- i suggest you donate the 100 bucks now- i doubt you are being honest

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I just donated a pint of blood in honor of MHK. the bloodmobile is at my company today and as a cancer survivor I felt it would be a great way to honor a great lady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity:
    [QUOTE]if you want to do that you do that- i suggest you donate the 100 bucks now- i doubt you are being honest
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

What the hell's the point of questioning his honesty? If you don't want to partake, just get the f out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]if you want to do that you do that- i suggest you donate the 100 bucks now- i doubt you are being honest

Thanks for supporting this idea.

I just figured it would be easier to see how far it goes before I make the transaction, then make it all in one lump to the Pats-affiliated charity I eventually choose, the day after their last win in the run.  Like I wrote before, I put all of this money aside for this...weeks ago.

Just for the record, I've donated thousands and thousands to charities through my business work - my own money.  So much so that I got a private tour of Illinois' largest food bank, The Greater Chicago Food Depository.  Then I switched to donating musical instruments to needy kids living in awful situations, including homeless centers and a kid who was terminal, in the cities of Aurora, Chicago and Evanston.  All of these donations were made to encourage my business clients to repeat their business with me or to send me referral business. I maintained the program in even the very worst of economic times for my household, as the depression clobbered me and others in my field.  While I was losing my house of 10 years, I was still making donations of about $135 each to set these kids up with everything they needed to learn guitar or electric piano.

How about you?  What have you done?

And how much will you be pledging?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I just donated a pint of blood in honor of MHK. the bloodmobile is at my company today and as a cancer survivor I felt it would be a great way to honor a great lady.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Hammah.  That's more like the spirit we want here.  Glad to hear you beat the C.

And thanks for getting my back, Babe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]are you supposed to brag about charitable giving? is that how you try to pick up women by bragging about how good a guy you are In Response to Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity :

No.  Not doing this for publicity.   Believe it or not, there are people in this world - people right here in this forum - who like to make the lives of other people better, especially if those other people are going through a tough time and don't have the advantages that many of us enjoy. You know, human fellowship stuff. Just something fun and wholesome that feels good to do and makes the Pats winning that much more exciting.  My lovely wife likes the idea.  How about yours?  Does she lilke the idea?

So, are you going to make a pledge?  I assure you, when you reach out to help other people, it will feel great, even if you never meet those people. It will change your outlook on life.  If you have never done it, you should try it. It is addictive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Chris I am still in. This is money well spent. Just let me know what you decide on how to donate, send $ to you for one large donation, or donate locally (I am in Florida) and send the receipt to you.

And to the a$$ who doubts the sincerity of the donations, do us a favor and stay out of the thread!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity : Thanks for supporting this idea. I just figured it would be easier to see how far it goes before I make the transaction, then make it all in one lump to the Pats-affiliated charity I eventually choose, the day after their last win in the run.  Like I wrote before, I put all of this money aside for this...weeks ago. Just for the record, I've donated thousands and thousands to charities through my business work - my own money.  So much so that I got a private tour of Illinois' largest food bank, The Greater Chicago Food Depository.  Then I switched to donating musical instruments to needy kids living in awful situations, including homeless centers and a kid who was terminal, in the cities of Aurora, Chicago and Evanston.  All of these donations were made to encourage my business clients to repeat their business with me or to send me referral business. I maintained the program in even the very worst of economic times for my household, as the depression clobbered me and others in my field.  While I was losing my house of 10 years, I was still making donations of about $135 each to set these kids up with everything they needed to learn guitar or electric piano. How about you?  What have you done? And how much will you be pledging?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Chris, I am a strong believer in karma. I hope your good deeds come back to you 10 fold. God Bless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Chris I am still in. This is money well spent. Just let me know what you decide on how to donate, send $ to you for one large donation, or donate locally (I am in Florida) and send the receipt to you. And to the a$$ who doubts the sincerity of the donations, do us a favor and stay out of the thread!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Don't send me money, as I have posted before.  Post your receipts here as JPEG or PDF, with your personal info blacked-out.  Leave your first name, your ID name here, the charitable institution, and the amount, plus a photo of you and your watching the Pats with your favorite team jersey or whatever.  I will make a collage of the photos and receipts and then send them or bring them to the Pats charitable foundation, with whomever wants to go with me, on behalf of this forum and the members.  (Post the receipts and the photo separately, so they don' have crud resolution.)

I figured I would make half my donation to Ronald McDonald House, at Shenanigan's suggestion, because of how it helped his family.  But I don't know if the Pats are involved with R.M.H., so I am going to donate the other half to one of their charities. I am making my first split donation after the game this w/e.  But the rest of you can do it however is easiest.  I just want to get the collage to them within in a reasonable time, like seven days after the last win.

I was thinking that this would be cool to do next season in nominal amounts ($10?) for each season game, maybe have the Pats set up a text message donation method, for each win.  But they may not want to put that pressure on the players.  I decied that we don't want to go to the Globe, because I don't think we should be upstaging or distracting the team while they focus on their game.

I plan to post a copy of my donation receipt early next week, right here, so people can see this is for real.  So far, my tab is $100.  Another $100 if they beat the Ravens.

Remember, pledge only what is reasonable for you and yours. That means if any of you guys are millionaires..eh hemmm...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity : Chris, I am a strong believer in karma. I hope your good deeds come back to you 10 fold. God Bless.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

No kidding.  For a few years I was making those nice donations to a food bank with every mortgage loan I did when I was a (professional and honest and conservative) loan officer.  But four years later, my live-in G/F was picking up bags of food at our local food bank.  You never know...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]chris is a stupid punk

Don't know W T F your problem is and don't really give a f*c k.  The leadership chris is demonstrating in keeping this initiative in the forefront is commendable in my judgement. 

Questioning the man's integrity when he stands to gain exactly zip out of this strikes me as really bizarre and, in any case, pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of MHK: As the Pats win, donate to a Pats charity : Don't know W T F your problem is and don't really give a f*c k.  The leadership chris is demonstrating in keeping this initiative in the forefront is commendable in my judgement.  Questioning the man's integrity when he stands to gain exactly zip out of this strikes me as really bizarre and, in any case, pathetic.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I agree bro! I think that chris is a stand up guy and I appreciated his response to me donating a pint of blood yesterday. but hey, what can you say about a poster that has 666 at the end of his screen name. to me that's offensive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Got my hundred in place for Denver, and looking to add another hundred on Sunday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Thanks guys.

I am so pumped up for this game.  This doesn't feel like 2007.  It feels like 2003.  Lot's of disrespect and doubting in Medialand.  Pats peaking at the right time.  Cast-offs making big plays at crucial times. Lots of heart in this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Hey you!  Yeah, you.  Please make a pledge if you have not done so already.

Thanks.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

OK, the Pats won and I made my first donation this a.m. for the past two wins, $100 each.  If they win the SB, I will donate another $200.  Looking for those who made pledges of money to show their donation receipts.  (Remember, block out your identifying info, please.)

I was going to split this donation between Ronald McD House and Pats charity, but the Pats charity took all the time I had this morning on a secure line before work.  I will make part of my next donation to RMH, Shenanigan, promise.  I am pretty sure the Pats foundation works with RMH anyway.

Here is the link by which to donate:

Be sure you register so that you get a recepit, both for taxes and for the collage.  You have to select increments of of $10 or $100, then choose a multiplier on a drop down box to the rights. My receipt is below.

Thanks,