In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released

I am a bit surprised by Addai's release because he is pretty good at catching passes out of the backfield and because he's a running threat.  Sort of leaves defenses guessing a bit when he's in the game.  He may be nearing the end, or BB likes what he sees so far in Ridley/Vereen, or both.  Maybe Bolden or someone else on the roster (Kettani?) showed promise. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : I'm shocked that with the soon to be 140 million dollar cap the patsies will have they didn't keep him.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

I'm even more shocked that a pathetic Jets fan like yourself continues to post on a Patriots forum despite your pathetic team not winning anything in the last 43 years. I also have serious doubts that you were even born prior to '69. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]MJD is refusing to show uo to TC.  " Jaguars now have their answer: Unhappy with his contract, RB Maurice Jones-Drew will not report to training camp today, per sources." - Adam Schefter tweet I doubt the Patriots make a move for him but, could you imagine it? 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

Could you imagine MJD coming to the Patriots.  THey would need to just hand the SB trophy over to the Patriots now, that would be amazing to land him.  However, I don't think MJD is right in the mind.  Do you remember when TFB tried to recruit MJD during reporters day at the SB last year?  MJD didn't sound like he was interested, said it is too cold in NE.  If an impact type player like that wouldn't get excited about TFB trying to recruit him to one of the best teams in the NFL, then he deserves to stay and play for his awful team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think it's becoming more clear that Ridley & Vareen are going to get most of the workload. I see no issues with the release. If you fail the physical, I don't want you here anyway. Can't wait to see our two young backs show their stuff...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : Could you imagine MJD coming to the Patriots.  THey would need to just hand the SB trophy over to the Patriots now, that would be amazing to land him.  However, I don't think MJD is right in the mind.  Do you remember when TFB tried to recruit MJD during reporters day at the SB last year?  MJD didn't sound like he was interested, said it is too cold in NE.  If an impact type player like that wouldn't get excited about TFB trying to recruit him to one of the best teams in the NFL, then he deserves to stay and play for his awful team.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

That would be the icing on the cake for sure....but most likely this won't happen at all.  It's good to dream though....lol.

C Benson fumbles too much for the Patriots liking, they probably lean on K Faulk again OR depending on Ryan Grants knee etc....they may bring him in.  Heck, or they'll just roll with the young kids but I can't see them doing this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released": [QUOTE]Weird. I'm starting to think that the team is using this entire offseason to try to keep adding players and build better competition and that every time they get a chance to add a player who could make the team more competitive they cut one who is less competitive. I've heard through inside sources that they plan to have some sort of football camp where they will eventually try to determine who the best 53 players are. Mind bottling...I hope other teams don't get word of this revolutionary approach to offseason team building. Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] Can you please re-post this on rkharps thread about our terrible off season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : You mean they don't keep under performing players under fear that it would hurt their brand (ala Red Sox)? Or they don't make aggressive moves to improve a very good team under fear that it will fail and you would fall back into mediocre (ala Bruins and Celtics)? Though I love the moves the Celtics have made so far (just wish they started to blow it up and build around Rondo instead of KG at this point). I'm disappointed that the Bruins are scared to make any top 2 line moves after winning the cup, honestly if the could move Krejci as the main chip for Bobby Ryan that needs to be done. The Sox at this point are helpless. They are more interested in selling bricks, a fake sellout strike, and useless pieces of plastic known as nation cards then they are about winning championships. I said last off-season they should have sold Ellsbury at his peak value for some pitching and dump Beckett while they could. Instead Beckett is untradable at this point, same with Ellsbury (who they won't resign and will get nothing for him), and now Lester is falling apart. What's right for the team short and long term isn't what's always popular for fans and the Sox need a major shake up right now. I just don't think the management will do anything to PO the pink hats though, because that's where their cash cow is. We'll get a big load saying that Crawford and Ellsbury back along with Lacky coming back is like trading for 3 all-stars and it's like pulling off a major trade without giving up prospects (wouldn't be the first time they would have said that)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I know this is a Pat's Forum Eng, but I've been a Red Sox Fan since 1967 and I certainly agree with what you said about the Red Sox.

What a disaster.  It's almost like Theo is "The Devils Advocate"  (Movie with Al Pachino) in that he helped us achieve Two World Series for a payment of a Lifetime in Hell.  Theo helped negotiate ridiculously massive player contracts with stiffs that are going to be almost impossible to unload.  This might keep the Red Sox at mediocre or worse for many years to come.   I never thought I would miss Haywood Sullivan.  LOL

Patriots training camp has begun just in the nick of time.   :)  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Are people actually concerned about the release of joseph Addai? This guy has missed 12 games the last 2 years, and underwhelmed when on the field. i would be concerned of this guy MADE the roster.

Regular Season Rushing Stats
    SEASONTEAMGPATTYDSAVGLNGTDFDFUMLST
    Career7810954,4534.1463925675

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not concerned about Addai's release specifically.  However, I would like to see a decent versatile veteran who has the versatility Addai once had.  I'm sure BB signed him to see if there was any possibility he could return at least partially to prior form.  From what I hear, though, he wasn't showing anything. I won't be surprised if BB shuffles in a few other guys before the season starts to see if he can find that veteran somewhere else. 

Still, BB's offseason moves (or lack of moves) suggests he thinks Ridley and Vereen are ready for prime time (or that he's comfortable with Woodhead continuing to get a lot of snaps). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Not concerned about Addai's release specifically.  However, I would like to see a decent versatile veteran who has the versatility Addai once had.  I'm sure BB signed him to see if there was any possibility he could return at least partially to prior form.  From what I hear, though, he wasn't showing anything. I won't be surprised if BB shuffles in a few other guys before the season starts to see if he can find that veteran somewhere else.  Still, BB's offseason moves (or lack of moves) suggests he thinks Ridley and Vereen are ready for prime time (or that he's comfortable with Woodhead continuing to get a lot of snaps). 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

If there were any versatile veterans who could do what Addai did the last time he was healthy(5 years ago) then they would be on a team. Our bed is made. Ridley,Vareen,Woody,Bolden,FB(one of them) and Hernandez gets some carries in a FB role out of the backfield.

Versatility will be the key in bringing back an elite post season offense. We now have the talent and the coordinator to develop sound game planning. Ridley, Vareen, Woody, Larsen and hernandez can all catch the ball out of the back field. Bolden has good power to back up Ridley. We might sign a guy to get carries in pre-season, but I don't see what impact player we could get unless we are dangling WW around as trade bait?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't be scared of rookies, especially ours.  We have a stable of great young backs, at least one of whom will work out.  I'm amped to see us start involving the backs more anyhow, both in the run and pass game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's becoming more clear that Ridley & Vareen are going to get most of the workload. I see no issues with the release. If you fail the physical, I don't want you here anyway. Can't wait to see our two young backs show their stuff...
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. BB must be seeing something in these guys. They both certainly have the ability. I think Vereen, if he stays healthy, will be a huge suprise to this team. They are both basically rookies with a year of the system under their belts. A good thing. I loved them as picks and can't wait to see a legit running game in NE. Kind of suprised about Addai though. I thought he surely had some miles left in his tank. 

But like I said, imagine MJD in the backfield? Dear God. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : If there were any versatile veterans who could do what Addai did the last time he was healthy(5 years ago) then they would be on a team. Our bed is made. Ridley,Vareen,Woody,Bolden,FB(one of them) and Hernandez gets some carries in a FB role out of the backfield. Versatility will be the key in bringing back an elite post season offense. We now have the talent and the coordinator to develop sound game planning. Ridley, Vareen, Woody, Larsen and hernandez can all catch the ball out of the back field. Bolden has good power to back up Ridley. We might sign a guy to get carries in pre-season, but I don't see what impact player we could get unless we are dangling WW around as trade bait?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's looking for an impact player, just someone who is an experienced professional who can contribute in a pinch.  Think Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Don't be scared of rookies, especially ours.  We have a stable of great young backs, at least one of whom will work out.  I'm amped to see us start involving the backs more anyhow, both in the run and pass game.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I agree with you wozzy . . . and remember they're not alll really rookies either.  Ridley and Vereen have had a year to learn the system.  BB must feel comfortable with them since he hasn't replaced BJGE and he's now even let Addai go.

Still, I suspect BB is going to try to bring in one more experienced tailback to be available in a pinch.  I assume BB will keep five backs and maybe, in the end, Boldin, Woodhead, and the FB will round out the backfield, but I tend to think BB is at least going to want to have some competition for Boldin and Woodhead's spots.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Sorry if someone already posted this. Apparently he quit during the conditioning test

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ad4053/article/joseph-addai-reportedly-quit-on-new-england-patriots?module=HP11_headline_stack

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Didn't Addai flunk his physical?
    Reports are Bolden is doing really well..
    Reis seems to think that they probably will bring in a vet but that he will most likely be a bubble guy.
    If Bolden is doing as they say, that will likely be the case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

News out now is that he QUIT on the test.....sad that a grown man can't find it in himself to push through, atleast until they tell him to beat it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

pats likely to carry a fullback this year. they also have woodhead as a third down back. vereen and ridley should be fine, though perhaps a vet would be brought in for insurance. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this surprises me.  I wonder if Faulk will be kept around or even maybe in a coaching capacity.  I was kind of excitied to see Addai in a Pats uniform even if it was at the end of his career.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are one of those sentimental types, huh? Explains your crazy man crush on WW.  You probalby have a "FATHEAD" poster of TB12 on your bedroom ceiling too. Maybe a tattoo of Gronk's face on your plevis? After a while, its just kinda creepy! LET IT GO!!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : Dude, you are one of those sentimental types, huh? Explains your crazy man crush on WW.  You probalby have a "FATHEAD" poster of TB12 on your bedroom ceiling too. Maybe a tattoo of Gronk's face on your plevis? After a while, its just kinda creepy! LET IT GO!!! 
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

How do you get all this from his post? You're creepy and it sounds like you need to get laid as well