Indy so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Indy so far...

In Response to Re: Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]Broadripple is worth the trip and will have great nightlife.  Its a safe area and close to Butler University. Parking is cheap and is probably less than a $25 cab from downtown. Tons of bars and good restaurants all withing walking distance from each other.  Go see Bobby Plump (Jimmy Chitwood) at Plumps Last Shot from the movie Hoosiers.  A place called Bazbeaux pizza is outstanding. http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/40/3901/Indianapolis/Broad-Ripple-restaurants
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]
    He's is the real deal even if the story does go a little off script.  Was on maddog radio this afternoon. Gave the state a nice bump.  His locale is next door to the broad ripple brew pub which was mentioned earlier.  

For those celts fans - you know basketball was originated in your state, made special in a few midwest locales including indiana and preserved in the pros by your celts.  Plump fits into that history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]If you look closely, you'll see the Giants car is lined up offside.  Definitely worth a challenge, with the penalty enforced on the opening kickoff.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]
    Joe - that's actually the SB car in the middle.  Indy 500 has 33 cars.  NFL has 32 teams.  in this grp the 33rd is the SB car in the middle.  

The good news for you guys is that the pats car is lined up in the pole position (top qualifier).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

i must say indy is indeed putting on one hell of a party, went to media day yday and it was awesome being there and listening to the players, the zip line is cool, did not get to go up because it was sold out of tix, nfl experience was awesome, everything downtown is awesome, and the town is decked up nicely with super bowl stuff, we ate at the old spagetti factory (i think thats what it was called) it was good, i must say, indy deserves to host this again, it really is a neat and fun experience, we tried to get into the pats hotel around 2pm yday and we could not get in, they had their own security force outside the doors, so we ventured back down to the festival area's, i would love to spend the entire week their, plan on going back down friday night or early saturday morning, cant wait, i must say i did see more pats fans than giant fans, do not know if the giant fan base is arriving later???  I was shocked that i did see more pat fans the giant fans (which to me was a shocker)  but overall what a fun time, on a scale of 1-10 i would give it an 11 + , now to get thru 3 more work days so i can get back down there for some fun, ENJOY PATS FANS!!!!  IT IS INDEED PRETTY AWESOME!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

YES  i do, 1 hr north of indy, lafayette IN, home of purdue which matt light, rob niko and the special teamer #90 played for purdue, im not a purdue fan or a fan of anything or any team of indiana, i like being different, growing up i was a die hard "joe montana" fan and when i found out that he was TB's child hero, i fell for brady and the pats pretty hard, rusty should get in town and enjoy this, INDY IS PUTTING ON THE 2ND BEST PARTY OF MY LIFETIME, mardi gras still ranks #1, but this is one hell of party.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Colt fans are out in force but everyone has been really nice.  Indy is having near record high temperatures. Super Bowl village is awesome. Free concerts every night with fireworks. Food, drinking, parking are plentiful and affordable. The city isn't trying to price gouge.  Lucas Oil Stadium is really nice.  This weekend is going to be crazy as more fans show up. Go Pats. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

how were the fireworks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]how were the fireworks?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fireworks person but its a good way to end the day. Going to the Slippery Noodle later today and want to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters tonight.  Had lunch yesterday at Harry and Izzy's which is great. I guess Peyton is part owner of that restaurant. BIG fan of Sun King Brewery!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Big Head Todd is free in Super Bowl village.  See attachment and click on the day for schedule of events.

http://www.indianapolissuperbowl.com/super-bowl-village/

Looks like its going to be a warm & sunny day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

If I was there I would try to meet with Mike Reiss on Saturday at noon. Mike is a classy guy, one of the best reporters around.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716594/meet-mike-reiss-at-our-tweetup-in-indy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : I'm not a huge fireworks person but its a good way to end the day. Going to the Slippery Noodle later today and want to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters tonight.  Had lunch yesterday at Harry and Izzy's which is great. I guess Peyton is part owner of that restaurant. BIG fan of Sun King Brewery!!!
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]
    Harry & Izzy's is an offshoot of St. Elmos.  Owned by same people with additional backers.  If they can make it work, I think they'd like to turn it into a chain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Folks...  Indianapolis is throwing one heck of a party!  Well organized, great concerts. Everyone is having a great time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlDavisII. Show AlDavisII's posts

...hmmm it figures.  So Indy fans are singing tunes of sour grapes?  Too bad, their team sucks now...haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]...hmmm it figures.  So Indy fans are singing tunes of sour grapes?  Too bad, their team sucks now...haha
    Posted by AlDavisII[/QUOTE]

Colt fans are out and wearing jerseys but they are the polar opposite of Jet, Steeler, Ravens fans. They've been nothing but nice. Walked into the Bar/lounge at the the JW Marriott as Colts fans were getting up. They pulled me aside asked if I was having a good time and offered us their table. I have felt no hatred.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Well, got a chance to spend my first full, uninhibited day downtown with nothing else to do...

1. Beers are highway freaking robbery on the street.  I suggest if you're in a hotel down there or driving there, pony up the money for parking, bring a case, and put it in your car so you can just walk back and get them when you want a drink.  Just make sure they're those blue Bud Light Super Bowl bottles.  $8 for a beer is a joke.

2. Colts fans continue to be nice.  Mostly people just left us alone, ran into a few Pats fans, only got a "fooey on" the Patriots" once, and it was by some emo girl with 15 different hair colors, so consider the source.

3. Even though the music isn't mostly stuff people would listen to, it's not bad wandering around with live music to listen to while you aimlessly drink.

4. The Lids Huddle gets really annoying after like 2 trips in.  Some of their employees have got to be on coke.

5. It starts getting pretty busy around 6 PM, so if there's things you want to do, make sure you do them before that time.  After that, it starts to get tough to get around. 

6. Some of the street performers going on there are pretty funny, I don't know if they're the same ones every day, but it was sort of a hoot watching a few of them.

7. Lastly, if you want to go to the NFL Experience, don't wait in line before it opens.  The line was like 8 football fields long, but within an hour there was no line, and you could wander right in. 

If you can get down there, enjoy it, it's a good time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Funniest part of yesterday though was early in the day, I'm out standing by the race cars and security comes up to me asking if I'll do an interview for a Boston TV station.  I sort of paused, but then decided to do it.  They asked a few things, about fans and Irsay, and that was it.  Five minutes.  Security guy who was walling the area off talks to me for a few, and then I'm on my way.  Right?  Nope.  Kid comes up to me asking me to sign his jersey.  When I told him I was absolutely no one important, he still begged me to sign it.  So I did.  Thirty seconds later, two girls, one of them hysterical saying "I always wanted to meet you."  Again, I said "uh, I'm not anyone special, other than to my mom."  Again, she wanted an autograph.  It was hard to stop laughing so hard as all this was going on, but it nuts how star struck people can be.  I mean there was a line of people taking pictures of Tony Siragusa. For like an hour.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey Butt -

Word on the beer/alcohol sales - If you go to a liquor store - There's on just north of the corner of Pennsylvania (the street the fieldhouse is on) and Washington (one block north of the festivities), it is within walking distance - buy your stuff before Sunday.  Indiana does not have package liquor sales on Sunday (state law).  Obviously, anything can be purchased from vendors either at the game or on the street or in a restaurant, but if you are carrying around a flask (to save money), make sure you go before Sunday. 

Darius Rucker played last night in the village (was originally a big hootie fan - until I realized with their 3rd popular song that he had a range of about 1/2 an octave.  Don't know how a singer gets away with that but he should be applauded. 

Anyway expect a younger crowd tonight - we may even take our daughter down - with LMFAO playing in the village.  Showing my age, Morris Day and the Time playing at 2:00 - Jungle Love - oh ee oh ee oh.

Fan Jam looked like it was packed last night with free concert including adam levine and all american rejects.  On Saturday, Carrie underwood and your local Steven Tyler are playing. 

Enjoy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Funniest part of yesterday though was early in the day, I'm out standing by the race cars and security comes up to me asking if I'll do an interview for a Boston TV station.  I sort of paused, but then decided to do it.  They asked a few things, about fans and Irsay, and that was it.  Five minutes.  Security guy who was walling the area off talks to me for a few, and then I'm on my way.  Right?  Nope.  Kid comes up to me asking me to sign his jersey.  When I told him I was absolutely no one important, he still begged me to sign it.  So I did.  Thirty seconds later, two girls, one of them hysterical saying "I always wanted to meet you."  Again, I said "uh, I'm not anyone special, other than to my mom."  Again, she wanted an autograph.  It was hard to stop laughing so hard as all this was going on, but it nuts how star struck people can be.  I mean there was a line of people taking pictures of Tony Siragusa. For like an hour.
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]
    You are a celebrity!!

Not surprised about the Goose thing.  People are star struck, and its funny to watch.  That said, Goose played in Indy for a few years and was well known among fans.  Locals would be interested in his autograph. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Lids - their HQ is Indy.  Great local story.  While they have been bought out Genesco, Lids is the engine that drives that diversified company.  Not surprised they are a little over the top. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Darius Rucker is a bad man.  I wanted to see that.  I've seen him plenty, and Hootie more times than I can count.  If you get a chance when you're down there, check out the wierdo in the green robe hovering with a bag full of money in front of the small stage, not the Verizon one.  Dude's a trip.  Won't say a word, just sits there hovering.

Indy's liquor laws are archaic.  Always have been.  But, a smart man loads up Friday night anyways.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

NO!  I look nothing like Tony Siragusa.  I said they were taking pics of Tony for over an hour, as he was just standing there.  The girl said she thought I was an actor.

Gawd, I have this image of waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror @ Tony Siragusa.  Stop, please. 

*editor's note: all over the ground there are lighted projections of the teams logos. It was tough not taking a leak on the Jets one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Lots of tickets available and the prices are starting to drop. Met a guy at the JW last night who has over 100 tickets he's unloading. Average price about $1600 or twice the face value. Scalping is legal in Indiana.