Indy so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Indy so far...

...hasn't been that bad.  Wandering around normally in Patriots stuff, you're treated to threats of violence against your car, dog, cat, maybe a few slurs Belichick or Brady, but so far...somehow...most of the Colts fans have been positively decent.

Hell, I was eating at a restaurant earlier and a guy came up and patted me on the back saying "you guys must be thrilled. Good luck."  There's been a halfway decent amount of that.  Also have gotten a TON of "Hey! Patriots fans!" in a nice way, not in an "I want to break a beer bottle over your empty skull" kind of way like normal.

Hopefully a few of you get to come here and go to the game or be a part of it.  Weather's stupid nice, considering it's Indiana and January. 

Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Indy so far...

Have Fun Buddy!!!

Represent!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

You bet!

Everyone here's rooting for the Giants locally. The Fox News affiliate started off with a Giants piece and prefaced it by saying "New England Patriots fans probably won't like this, but to be honest, we don't really care."

There was a small contingent of students (because the Pats are staying @ University Place hotel on IUPUIs campus) that were going to try and organize people wearing Colts jerseys during the time the Patriots were here.

Um...that hasn't worked out so well for them.  I've seen all of 2 Colts jerseys thus far.  Just looking forward to the entire week.  I'm not dumb enough to think it'll be like this forever.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Colts fans probably have on Giants jerseys...lol

Im glad you are enjoying yourself.

Hope fully they are just as cordial once you are in the stadium during the game.

Its gonna be extra loud with that pumped in crowd noise..

Do me a favor and smack Peyton upside his head if you see him. I've always wanted to do that....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

hey  buttgrundlge have been to IUPUI campus where the pats are staying?  If so have you seen any players/personal??  Just wondering im heading down tomorrow for media day (wonder if you can pay to get in to the media day session) would love to sit up in the stands and try to cop some autographs if its possible......have fun, my posse and I will be heading down tomorrow for the big day......now which brady jersey should i wear?? (have both home and away and both home and away throwbacks + BB hodie.  It is suppose to be 50 degrees tomorrow so it should be nice weather.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

There's a street called Michigan Ave that runs one way out of the city going west.  University Place Hotel is basically to the right off of Michigan Street before you get to Indiana Ave.  If you get to the student center, which is a big, glass monstrosity, you've gone too far.  There are two student lots that surround it.  Indy's pretty easy to get around on foot everywhere.  I'm sure towards the end of the week when I basically start my morning brushing my teeth with beer, it'll be a little more venemous.

As far as media day, I think there are 7000 seats available for fans, but you sit in the stands.  Not on the field.  They say it'll be hitting near 60 tomorrow before getting colder, so hot damn, I may just crack open the golf clubs. 

Or just drink heavily and watch Jim Irsay pee all over himself on Twitter every 10 minutes. 

I'd smack Gomer upside the forehead if I didn't worry about it spraining my hand.  You can land a Boeing 787 on that melon. 

Enjoy the trip, go to Morton's Steakhouse if you have the coin for it.  Look forward to celebrating on Indy's home turf (don't worry, New York, just saying I'm looking forward to it, not predicting it.  Pull your panties up.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

My favorite road rudeness came from a waitress in Cleveland ( I had a Pats hat on ) who crapped on the Pats, Sox, Celtics and Boston in general while taking my order then bringing me my food. Best of all was that she got mad that I didn't tip her and continued her ranting all the way to the door. Apparently in Cleveland crapping on your customer's home is supposed to get you a bigger tip.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Enjoyed downtown yesterday. 

And for a city of 1.5 mill Metro, it does a damn good job acting like it is bigger.  The NFL doesn't let you host a Superbowl if you can't pull it off. 

Yesterday was pretty cool. In keeping with a very Indy vibe, just off the Circle (kind of the center of downtown) there were 33 indy race cars (number in the indy 500) all painted in each team's colors.  On the front row, on one side, was the patriots car and on the other was the giants car.  In the middle (to fill out the 33, b/c there are only 32 teams) was the Superbowl car.  it was a very very cool thing. 

the "Superbowl Village" that was created by turning an entire 4 block street from the Fieldhouse to the convention center was incredible.  The street was completely redone to create a pedestrian thoroughfare full of festivities including two concert stages, multiple food and beer vendors and other activities. 

The zipline was very cool, and the NFL Experience inside the convention center was alot of fun.  Pretty cool to see the Actual Lombardi trophy and all of the superbowl rings on display.  There really is alot to do and the weather for the week is going to cooperate nicely until Saturday. 

Pats fans, Indy is throwing one hell of a party and you guys are guests of honor.  I'd recommend making it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

cant wait, im looking forward to media day, the nfl experience and the zip line, and just hanging around IUPUI campus/hotel area...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Hell with meeting ex-NFL stars.  I just got to hold a conversation with Keith Stone. 

Indy's a good city.  Best part about it is that nearly everything is capable of being gotten to on foot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]...hasn't been that bad.  Wandering around normally in Patriots stuff, you're treated to threats of violence against your car, dog, cat, maybe a few slurs Belichick or Brady, but so far...somehow...most of the Colts fans have been positively decent. Hell, I was eating at a restaurant earlier and a guy came up and patted me on the back saying "you guys must be thrilled. Good luck."  There's been a halfway decent amount of that.  Also have gotten a TON of "Hey! Patriots fans!" in a nice way, not in an "I want to break a beer bottle over your empty skull" kind of way like normal. Hopefully a few of you get to come here and go to the game or be a part of it.  Weather's stupid nice, considering it's Indiana and January.  Go Pats!
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]

Mostly the Cat, it is Indy after all. Enjoy the WIN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]...hasn't been that bad.  Wandering around normally in Patriots stuff, you're treated to threats of violence against your car, dog, cat, maybe a few slurs Belichick or Brady, but so far...somehow...most of the Colts fans have been positively decent. Hell, I was eating at a restaurant earlier and a guy came up and patted me on the back saying "you guys must be thrilled. Good luck."  There's been a halfway decent amount of that.  Also have gotten a TON of "Hey! Patriots fans!" in a nice way, not in an "I want to break a beer bottle over your empty skull" kind of way like normal. Hopefully a few of you get to come here and go to the game or be a part of it.  Weather's stupid nice, considering it's Indiana and January.  Go Pats!

Well, you're a tourist in their city, I am sure they are happy to have all of you fans out there spending your money.  Have a great time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, they're not like Jets fans. You'll get that salt of the earth Midwest vibe still in Indy. As much as I give Underpants crap he deserves here, the people in Indy are the typical Midwest folk who would take their shirt of their back for you. Just don't tell Underpants I said this. heh I had to fend off the Pats fan element when I lived in Chicago, especially in 2007, and went to Indy on business a lot, but I would always introduce any talk with their fans as just being a fan who appreciates a good rivalry to avoid any ridiculous obsessive fan antics. Overall, they love the Colts because that's all they really have had in terms of success with pro sports in that area. I would still drive by with a bag of dog turds and launch it out the window at a gang of Colts fans, though.  And of course the Colts are rooting for the Giants. If GB was in Foxborough against the COlts, Pats fans would be the biggest Packers fans of all time, obviously. Add in the Gomer Jr. element and it's a gimme. 
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

A bit of a generalization, don't you think?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't let them fool you my friend, they hate the Patriots, make no mistake. They won't stomp in your face like New Yorkers would, but they hate the Patriots here. They haven't forgotten 03, 04--and they're acting generous because they still have a "Manning" on the field. If the Patriots win, you're going to hear some griping, but they won't say it much to your face, it'll just leak out later. I can't tell how many times I've heard Colts fans griping about spygate and Belichick and the whole Patriot way. The ball had no sooner gone through the uprights in SF til they started posting on fb about being Giants fans now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Thought you guys might enjoy this. 

This was where the cars were located yesterday.  This was an early morning/pre-dawn or late night picture before the crowds. 

After yesterday afternoon all of the cars were dispersed throughout downtown. 
    The Patriots, Giants, and Superbowl car remain in the superbowl village. 

Here's a site showing some of the pictures and the renderings for all of the teams' cars. 

http://www.indianapolissuperbowl.com/super-cars

Pretty cool.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

UD6, Thats an awesome picture, thanks for posting!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No rotary in Indy Rusty.  that's the Circle, and the streets are always clean. 

Told my wife that it would have been neat if they could have done something with the Monument to turn it into a Lombardi Trophy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]Hell with meeting ex-NFL stars.  I just got to hold a conversation with Keith Stone.  Indy's a good city.  Best part about it is that nearly everything is capable of being gotten to on foot.

It would be so awesome to be there, you are a lucky dude!  Keep this thread going and continue to provide updates.  Great stuff!!