Indy so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Re: Indy so far...

Good stuff.  Don't know when they found 10 seconds without a single person on the streets, but hey.

Wondering where the Chargers car will be dispersed to and if it will make it to its destination without Norv Turner running it off a guard rail into the ground first.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

btw - for the karma guys out there, you'll note from the picture that the pats car is sitting in the pole position. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Indy so far...:
    [QUOTE]Good stuff.  Don't know when they found 10 seconds without a single person on the streets, but hey. Wondering where the Chargers car will be dispersed to and if it will make it to its destination without Norv Turner running it off a guard rail into the ground first.
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]

although I know you were just making a funny, the link I posted provides information about where each team's car is to be located throughout the week.  Some of the cars are very very cool. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I only live about 90 minutes away, but have not gone there. I'd like to sort of, but don't know my way around Indy all that well. I thought about going Saturday, but got sick and stayed home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Giants car blows

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Giants car blows
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I thought it was very similar to the patriots car.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : I thought it was very similar to the patriots car.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    So, I gotta ask, UD. Who are you gonna root for. Be honest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to "Re: Indy so far...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : So, I gotta ask, UD. Who are you gonna root for. Be honest. Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE] And there it is...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rooting for the Giants. 

Doesn't mean I can't be civil to you guys regarding celebrating the fact that you guys made it. 

Honestly, the whole deal here is pretty awesome, and my family took it in yesterday.  Yesterday was pretty chilly, but nobody cares.  Its a winter festival.  Today, however, its 50 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to be 60.  Whether turns a little bad toward the end of the week, but forecasts as everyone knows can change. 

Both teams are getting their deserved props, and I think, I hope, all of us locals are gracious to our guests. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Giants, guys. Of course.  Why wouldn't he? Gomer Jr, hates Pats, needs to try to protect Gomer Sr.'s legacy as much as possible, etc. seeing Brady and BB raise the Lombardi in Indy? Colts fans have to be on pins and needles.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Actually there are more and more comments coming in saying that P Manning could be done, for real.  Apparently, he is not getting the nerve regeneration he hoped - yet, and there is no real good timetable for that to take place.  Its a shame really, if that's what happens. 

There was talk today that this couldn't be a worse SB for PM.  Either Brady wins, who has really been his only peer over the last decade, or his brother wins who may not be as good but may have more titles. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

family peyton is rooting for eli, football peyton and egotistical peyton is rooting for the patriots

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Run into an Indy fans rooting for jints?

Tom Coughlin thinks Colts fans will become Giants fans this week:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/tom-coughlin-thinks-colts-fans-will-become-giants-fans-this-week/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Indy so far...": [QUOTE]...hasn't been that bad.  Wandering around normally in Patriots stuff, you're treated to threats of violence against your car, dog, cat, maybe a few slurs Belichick or Brady, but so far...somehow...most of the Colts fans have been positively decent. Hell, I was eating at a restaurant earlier and a guy came up and patted me on the back saying "you guys must be thrilled. Good luck."  There's been a halfway decent amount of that.  Also have gotten a TON of "Hey! Patriots fans!" in a nice way, not in an "I want to break a beer bottle over your empty skull" kind of way like normal. Hopefully a few of you get to come here and go to the game or be a part of it.  Weather's stupid nice, considering it's Indiana and January.  Go Pats! Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE] Im thinking of going over there this week, maybe Wednesday or Friday. How's parking? Easy to get aroung and see what you want to see? Are the exhibitions all near the stadium?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

[QUOTE]Rooting for the Giants.  Doesn't mean I can't be civil to you guys regarding celebrating the fact that you guys made it.  Honestly, the whole deal here is pretty awesome, and my family took it in yesterday.  Yesterday was pretty chilly, but nobody cares.  Its a winter festival.  Today, however, its 50 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to be 60.  Whether turns a little bad toward the end of the week, but forecasts as everyone knows can change.  Both teams are getting their deserved props, and I think, I hope, all of us locals are gracious to our guests. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Hey, at least you're honest and being civil about it. Kudos! Sonds like Indy is being gracious to your guests so far, keep it up, it makes for a great experience for those lucky enough to be able to be there. I hope all of you there have a great time!!KMc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Indy so far...": [QUOTE]Rooting for the Giants.  Doesn't mean I can't be civil to you guys regarding celebrating the fact that you guys made it.  Honestly, the whole deal here is pretty awesome, and my family took it in yesterday.  Yesterday was pretty chilly, but nobody cares.  Its a winter festival.  Today, however, its 50 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to be 60.  Whether turns a little bad toward the end of the week, but forecasts as everyone knows can change.  Both teams are getting their deserved props, and I think, I hope, all of us locals are gracious to our guests.  Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] Thinking of going over there this week, maybe Wednesday or Friday. How's parking? Easy to get around and see what you want to see? Are the exhibitions all near the stadium?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]hey  buttgrundlge have been to IUPUI campus where the pats are staying?  If so have you seen any players/personal??  Just wondering im heading down tomorrow for media day (wonder if you can pay to get in to the media day session) would love to sit up in the stands and try to cop some autographs if its possible......have fun, my posse and I will be heading down tomorrow for the big day......now which brady jersey should i wear?? (have both home and away and both home and away throwbacks + BB hodie.  It is suppose to be 50 degrees tomorrow so it should be nice weather.
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]

I made a delivery today to the hotel the Pats are staying at. After I was done I went to the east side of the building where the buses were lined up to take our boys to practice. There were about a dozen people besides me trying to get a glimpse of players. I had to leave when a police officer told me to move my delivery truck. The players hadn't boarded yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw Niko Koutouvides loitering around the buses. Hard to tell 'cause they were keeping people over 100 feet away.

I wore my Faulk jersey today, and I'll wear a different one every day this week as I make deliveries around central Indiana. Lots of Colts fans blowing me c r a p. I try to tell them, "I'm pro-Patriots, not anti-Colts."

The head chef of the restaurant at University Place pointed out to me that anyone is allowed to stop and eat at their restaurant or grab a drink at the bar until about 3 p.m. on Thursday after that, the team has the entire hotel to itself. I'm thinking of dropping in Wednesday some time. Never know who you might run into! Happy hunting! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Indy so far...": Im thinking of going over there this week, maybe Wednesday or Friday. How's parking? Easy to get aroung and see what you want to see? Are the exhibitions all near the stadium?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Compared to most cities, EVERYTHING in Indy is easy to get around to in correlation to the stadium.  It's a compact town that manages to do "big events" pretty darned well. 

I have parking passes and friends downtown when I don't want to (read: can't) drive, so that's not a big deal, but you can find $5-10 parking in places if you don't mind walking about 4-5 blocks.  They also have shuttles from each side of the city, like the airport, for instance (don't know where you're coming from). 

My take on it is, grab a buddy or family and go down there, because even though Indy might put on a Super Bowl again (if the NFL is smart), it could be a once in a lifetime event and even if it's not, what are the odds of the Pats being there again?  These damn days could last 48 hours and they wouldn't be long enough. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : Compared to most cities, EVERYTHING in Indy is easy to get around to in correlation to the stadium.  It's a compact town that manages to do "big events" pretty darned well.  I have parking passes and friends downtown when I don't want to (read: can't) drive, so that's not a big deal, but you can find $5-10 parking in places if you don't mind walking about 4-5 blocks.  They also have shuttles from each side of the city, like the airport, for instance (don't know where you're coming from).  My take on it is, grab a buddy or family and go down there, because even though Indy might put on a Super Bowl again (if the NFL is smart), it could be a once in a lifetime event and even if it's not, what are the odds of the Pats being there again?  These damn days could last 48 hours and they wouldn't be long enough. 

Ok, thanks butt.....(that sounded bad...lol) But honestly, I cannot think of anyone to go with right now (long story). I'll probably end up taking my camera and going by myself--unfortunately.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : Actually there are more and more comments coming in saying that P Manning could be done, for real.  Apparently, he is not getting the nerve regeneration he hoped - yet, and there is no real good timetable for that to take place.  Its a shame really, if that's what happens.  There was talk today that this couldn't be a worse SB for PM.  Either Brady wins, who has really been his only peer over the last decade, or his brother wins who may not be as good but may have more titles. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I particularly enjoyed the "Is this a Peyton town or a Colts town."  Sort of a shot at the devotion of the fan base to have as ongoing of commentary about that as it was.

Peyton's done.  Not saying it to be condescending, he just is. This is a poorly kept secret that eventually will get out.  He's been behind schedule the entire way, and information to the mainstream media on this has leaked to the public far slower than anything I've ever seen.  Indy will fall in love with Luck, it just stings right now for that fan base.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Indy so far...": Thinking of going over there this week, maybe Wednesday or Friday. How's parking? Easy to get around and see what you want to see? Are the exhibitions all near the stadium?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Everything related to the superbowl except for the pats team hotel and a couple of big parties are within walking distance.  You could walk to the pats hotel but its about a mile.  Otherwise, everything is within about 5-6 blocks of one another.  Very cool.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : I made a delivery today to the hotel the Pats are staying at. After I was done I went to the east side of the building where the buses were lined up to take our boys to practice. There were about a dozen people besides me trying to get a glimpse of players. I had to leave when a police officer told me to move my delivery truck. The players hadn't boarded yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw Niko Koutouvides loitering around the buses. Hard to tell 'cause they were keeping people over 100 feet away. I wore my Faulk jersey today, and I'll wear a different one every day this week as I make deliveries around central Indiana. Lots of Colts fans blowing me c r a p. I try to tell them, "I'm pro-Patriots, not anti-Colts." The head chef of the restaurant at University Place pointed out to me that anyone is allowed to stop and eat at their restaurant or grab a drink at the bar until bout 3 p.m. on Thursday after that, the team has the entire hotel to itself. I'm thinking of dropping in Wednesday some time. Never know who you might run into! Happy hunting! 
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]
    Pats are practicing at the colts practice complex at 56th and 465.  Just west of Eagle Creek Park. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy so far... : Compared to most cities, EVERYTHING in Indy is easy to get around to in correlation to the stadium.  It's a compact town that manages to do "big events" pretty darned well.  I have parking passes and friends downtown when I don't want to (read: can't) drive, so that's not a big deal, but you can find $5-10 parking in places if you don't mind walking about 4-5 blocks.  They also have shuttles from each side of the city, like the airport, for instance (don't know where you're coming from).  My take on it is, grab a buddy or family and go down there, because even though Indy might put on a Super Bowl again (if the NFL is smart), it could be a once in a lifetime event and even if it's not, what are the odds of the Pats being there again?  These damn days could last 48 hours and they wouldn't be long enough. 
    60+ degrees tomorrow butt.  How about that!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

One thing I've seen tonight, is the circle is really lit up. the Superbowl Roman Numerals behind the cars are now all lit up with a variety of themes.  The IPL building (Electric Utility) that was lit up in the car picture with the flag, is also lit up with different themes.  

The city is attempting to show people that we know how to entertain.  Hope its working.