Indy's own Butler Bulldogs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Indy's own Butler Bulldogs

Is this a NCAA Thread? Hmmm...

JK, Good job by the Dogs but their run is over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Blade - I would have said the same last night, and when the Orange made their run last night, I thought Butler was done. 

Here is the one feather Butler has - Kstate played the late game and played it to a tough double overtime win.  Now they have to play again on Saturday.  Butler should be fresher in the second half of that game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Indy's own Butler Bulldogs:
    How about those Bulldogs!!!
    Posted by underdoggg

Incredible win. Very impressive. However, I am still curious as to why you are so obsessed with this board?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Jer - It's now my board, as it is your board.  I know the personalities of the posters here.  they know me.  I am a part of the community. 

Consider it like this - I moved into your neighborhood last year and I am the guy who likes your rival.  I've seen where there are colts fans in Boston, just as there are Pats fans in Indy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

No wonder why other folks call you a troll and tool on you. I used to feel kind of bad for you for some of the grief that you got but posting NCAA hoop on a football thread is just plain trolling. No matter what team you are posting about.

I know that you'll play innocent victim in a little while when other posters shred you for this. It's your M.O.
    You really do bring the abuse on yourself, don't you?

BTW What do Tom Brady and the circus have in common? They both have two more rings then Peyton Manning!!!!!

Have a good day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Besides - and yes this is selfish - I don't really care who the pats draft. Typically players that the pats draft only have a limited impact on Belichick's teams in their first year (Mayo is the exception). 

And about the only discussions that are being had are 10 thread on trading for Marshall, whether the pats should get Tebow, and whether or not Julius Peppers is still on the market. 

It was time to change things up a bit.

Kansas State is very very very good, and it appears now that the Big 12 was a better conference than the Big East which means that Kstate could be better than Syracuse.  My hope is that they are tired and Butler can take advantage. 

If Butler wins, they come HOME for the final four that their school is hosting.  How incredible would that be.  That would be like the colts playing the superbowl in their own stadium in 2012.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Rowdy - leave it to you to characterize a NCAA post on a football thread as trolling.  Now if you want to call me out for calling Belichick a slimeball (which he is) then ok, I get that.  It doesn't change the fact that I am right, but I understand why you might be bothered by my saying it. 

But at the deadest time of the football year, you want to call me out for bringing up something unrelated that may be over tomorrow.  Thicken up that skin my friend.  There have been so many discussion of non-nfl topics on this board that they are too many to count.  I am sure that you have partaken in them, as well, which if true, makes you nothing better than a hypocrite.    

As for the rings, maybe that's why so many people thing Brady seems less committed now.  Can't blame him, but that thought must not be any fun for pats fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Hey dogg  My UVM Catamounts greatest victory ever was against the Q's....then coach Brennon went all ESPN... oh well bring on the Frozen Four

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

underdog I am thinking you might have said this in jest... you must be smarter then this post...
    "Besides - and yes this is selfish - I don't really care who the pats draft. Typically players that the pats draft only have a limited impact on Belichick's teams in their first year (Mayo is the exception)." 

Here are just off the top of my head the players the pats drafted and then had quite a bit more then a "limited impact" for the first year under Belichick.

2000- Tom Brady, Arguably you could say Patrick Pass as well.
    2001- Richard Seymour, Matt Light
    2002- Daniel Graham, Deion Brannch, David Givens, could argue Jarvis Green
    2003- Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen, could argue Eugene Wilson
    2004- Ben Watson, Vince Wilfork
    2005- Logan Mankins, Ellis Hobbs, Nick Kaczur
    2006- Maroney had a good rookie year for a RB, Gostkowski
    2007- Worst draft in Patriots history save Merriweather but he didn't make an impact first year.
    2008- Jerod Mayo
    2009- No Big Impact guys for the first year  but they have several picks that will make that next step in 2010 and have substantial roles on the team.

So in those 10 years they have drafted  17 guys that definately had impact years in year one but as I mentioned you could argue 20.
    So your post was way off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Harley - one of my college roommates married a UVM alum.  Met her over a summer break working in Yellowstone or Yosemite (can't remember which).  I think I recall that UVM win. 

Tonight is big ten night 3 teams playing.  I expect only one to come out with a victory tonight, however.  Both Purdue and Michigan State are missing key players.  MSU's went down near the end of their last game.  Not good.

BTW - went to a wedding in Middlebury a few years back.  Had not been to vermont.  Very very beautiful part of the country.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Indy's own Butler Bulldogs

How about those Bulldogs!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

dablade - I stand corrected - somewhat - I just looked up the numbers, so please allow me.  There really was no criteria for whether a player had a big impact.  I just know that Belichick prefers vets to rooks. 

So the players I was definitely wrong about (of those you provided) given their # of starts their rookie year

Seymour - 10
    Light - 12
    Koppen - 15
    Wilson - 15
    Mankins - 16
    Hobbs - 8
    Kaczur - 11
    Maroney - didn't look up, but know he had a good year.  Same with Gost. 

None of the other players you mentioned started at least 8 games.  Now obviously that does not mean they did not have an impact, but you can say that they were not first teamers their rookie year. 

By the way - Brady's break came his second year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Indy's own Butler Bulldogs:
    dablade - I stand corrected - somewhat - I just looked up the numbers, so please allow me.  There really was no criteria for whether a player had a big impact.  I just know that Belichick prefers vets to rooks.  So the players I was definitely wrong about (of those you provided) given their # of starts their rookie year Seymour - 10 Light - 12 Koppen - 15 Wilson - 15 Mankins - 16 Hobbs - 8 Kaczur - 11 Maroney - didn't look up, but know he had a good year.  Same with Gost.  None of the other players you mentioned started at least 8 games.  Now obviously that does not mean they did not have an impact, but you can say that they were not first teamers their rookie year.  By the way - Brady's break came his second year.
    Posted by underdoggg

I thought this was a Butler thread. Who Cares about the Pats draft picks? LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Thank E - Go Dawgs or Dogggs or both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Capn - you make a good point.  I suppose that if I were a bostonian then given the vast number of schools around you, it would be somewhat disingenuous to say you support a team that while known to be good is never expected to advance as far as they have (like Butler), but Indy is not Boston and there are not nearly as many D-1 schools here.  On the other hand, maybe there is no problem showing a little support to my community's school.  

Butler has a long, successful history in basketball and one of the best gym's in the country.  Its easy to support them because they are always an underdog.  I did grow up a big IU guy and still support them although I am not an alum but not as much as when I was a kid, because as I matured, I realized that Bob Knight really is an a-hole. 

I've grown to support all state schools.  Indiana is a basketball state and good basketball deserves support. 

On a side note, any Umass fans out there, Tony Barbee is an alum of the same high school as me and it looks like he has parlayed a good run at UTEP into a nice position at Auburn. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Oh - and yes, IU scked this year. 

Full disclosure, when they hired Kelvin Sampson (out of nowhere), everyone was shocked and most disappointed (generally because they wanted an IU guy like Randy Wittman or Mike Woodson, etc).  

I thought it was a great hire, and I figured his indescretion at Oklahoma (where it would be hard to recruit for basketball) was a one time thing.  boy, could I not have been more wrong.  

Needless to say, I like Tom Crean and expect him to do well, but it needs to start next year or there will be plenty of rumblings in hoosierland. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Thank E - Go Dawgs or Dogggs or both.
    Posted by underdoggg

This is what makes the NCAA tournament the best. I'd pay money to see Butler win this and I wish Cornell could have pulled it off last night too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

The way Cornell started the game was awesome.  BTW, Wittman of Cornell, who was shut down last night and a big factor in their loss, is Randy Wittman's son(former Hoosier) noted in post above. 

Well, we've got St. Mary's and Northern Iowa tonight and two other intriguing stories - both Purdue and Michigan State (good for Northern Iowa) are playing without stars.  Can they overcome it?

Hope Duke loses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this tourny is killing every team i like. 

BC -never came close lol. horrendous season
    Kansas -upset by ALI
    Syracuse -taken down by butler

i got no one left to cheer for. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The way Cornell started the game was awesome.  BTW, Wittman of Cornell, who was shut down last night and a big factor in their loss, is Randy Wittman's son(former Hoosier) noted in post above.  Well, we've got St. Mary's and Northern Iowa tonight and two other intriguing stories - both Purdue and Michigan State (good for Northern Iowa) are playing without stars.  Can they overcome it? Hope Duke loses.
    Posted by underdoggg

I'm rooting against Duke too..Thank God I didn't fill out a bracket this year because I would have got murdered.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Besides - and yes this is selfish - I don't really care who the pats draft. Typically players that the pats draft only have a limited impact on Belichick's teams in their first year (Mayo is the exception).  And about the only discussions that are being had are 10 thread on trading for Marshall, whether the pats should get Tebow, and whether or not Julius Peppers is still on the market.  It was time to change things up a bit. Kansas State is very very very good, and it appears now that the Big 12 was a better conference than the Big East which means that Kstate could be better than Syracuse.  My hope is that they are tired and Butler can take advantage.  If Butler wins, they come HOME for the final four that their school is hosting.  How incredible would that be.  That would be like the colts playing the superbowl in their own stadium in 2012.
    Posted by underdoggg

Dude....there's nothing else to talk about :)

It is offseason afterall......talking ncaa is fine wit me...
    Who are the bulldogs? ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Yet, I am trolling with this thread.  LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Indy's own Butler Bulldogs : Cheer for entertaining games my man.  I didn't have a team of choice in the Kansas State-Xavier game last night but man I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.  That 3 pointer to end the first OT by Crawford was awesome!!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

oh yea that was amazing. i was standing up watching it.  i just mentioned those teams bc they are usually very entertaining.  especially Syracuse.  the only new york team i will ever like. They play gritty, tough, systematic, and flashy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Just great, I have to go to Indy next week and all I'll be seeing is the entire Bandwagon population of Indianapolis wearing Blue #18 Butler shirts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Your here killa.  The quickest way to find out is to simply log off.  If all your post are gone while viewing while logged off then your gone.  That's how I found out all the time I've gotten banned over the years.