Ingram

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Ingram

In Response to Re: Ingram:
    [QUOTE]I have ILB as I would like a bigger version of Mayo, to play along side of Mayo, a big in your face run stuffer.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

umm Spikes anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]With the current starting line up of Vollmer, Connolly, Koppen, Wendell (or OJinakka) and Kaczur why would you waste 17, 28 or 33 on a RB that will not be able to make it through the hole and most likely have to be a blocking back to protect Brady? Ingram may be the 'best' RB in the Oline needs an OT and G(/C) which may have to come with two picks out 28, 33 or 60 - unless Moffit drops to the 3rd round. The current healthy DL starters on the roster? Wilfork. Ty Warren is an unknown with his hip and has to have his own Dr now w the CBA. G Warren had offseason surgery and is a FA, Stroud was signed as a FA, but he may at the very best replace G Warren. M Wright is only recently was able to start watching tv and start weight lifting again. So there needs to be at least one starting DE taken in the 17, 28, 33. The Pats have lacked a pass rushing OLB since 2009 and also have a hard time setting the edge. So who will step up in 2011? TBC? Ninkovich? Fletcher or Cunningham? No one would be happy to keep the same players when there are so many option in the at 17, 28 and 33 to get a play maker. The Patriots need to address at least two of these areas Oline, DE OLB with the 17 and 28th pick.   If Ingram falls to 33 and they grab him - I would fine with that as long as they take care of the other needs. Ingram however is not a once in a generation RB. Otherwise there are other RB in the draft and enough FAs to meet the needs of the Patriots RB committee...   I feel the Patriots have a bigger concern at WR with Welker going into his last year, Branch being a yeara older and only having two yrs left on his contract and that Tate and Price have not added any value and are losing education from the coaches during this CBA debacle. For some reason Edelman is an inigma....
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to Ingram, how can you say he is not a once in a generation RB. The guy hasn't played 1 snap in the NFL. People judge these college players by whatever the pundits say. The biggest thing I noticed about Mark Ingram is his heart and his desire to be the best he can be. Watch his heisman speech, the kid has class and isn't a trouble maker. The Patriots need more of these. I remember Emmitt Smith had similar knocks on him and look what he did. Nobody figured he would be breaking the all time rushing record. I think Mark would be a good Patriot. I watched the Tom Brady documentary last night and it's pretty amazing at how much his draft status has put so much drive into him trying to be the best. He was also not supposed to be a great player. We all know who got the last laugh on that one. I realize some people don't want a RB in the first round due to other needs, but who knows, maybe they resign Mankins and draft an OL in the second or third round. Something just tells me that this kid will be a steal. He has the right attitude and drive to be good in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am an Ingram fan, just not with #'s 17, 28 or 33. Too many other pressing needs for the Pats. Too deep a draft for RB in rounds 2-5 to invest one of the first 3 picks.
    I think Ingram falls mid 2nd round.
    Ingrams stats are misleading. Simply look at the other RB on the Tide this year.
    Agree on running behind this Pats OL...OL needs help

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianredsox. Show italianredsox's posts

I like Ingram but I would use the first two picks on OL (Anthony Castonzo/Boston College) and D. I am pretty sure Bill will trade our 28th pick to pick up more picks this year or next.

I really like DeMarco Murray. If we can pick him btwn 3-5 rounds it would be a great value pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I Like ingram, and do think he will fall in the draft. but Id rather have leshore myself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]I Like ingram, and do think he will fall in the draft. but Id rather have leshore myself.
    Posted by 00chief00[/QUOTE]

Good point, I have seen several stories on Leshore and statements that it's actually he that should come off the board first.

And to a previeous post I have not forgotten about Spikes at ILB. I think he had an OK year, not great, not poor, but OK. He is slow as advertised and that's OK. I just think he needed more power at the line. Too many times I thought that even running backs were able to stand him up. He needs to get stronger.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : Good point, I have seen several stories on Leshore and statements that it's actually he that should come off the board first. And to a previeous post I have not forgotten about Spikes at ILB. I think he had an OK year, not great, not poor, but OK. He is slow as advertised and that's OK. I just think he needed more power at the line. Too many times I thought that even running backs were able to stand him up. He needs to get stronger.  
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

I freaking hope Mikel Leshoure is first off the board!  Then Pats make more in second round to get Ingram./.... perfect

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]I can't see the Phins passing a qb at 15. I think Ingram is there at 17. Might be there at 28. Contrary to popular opinion, I like the Pats D with Warren and Bodden back. Yes, I see an impact player needed to rush the passer, but also see the OL, WR and RB also needing attention. I am uncomfortable with Branch staying healthy, and strongly question Tate and Price especially if no summer camp time. Team needs another offensive weapon and rebuild on the OL.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% . . . if Ingram is there at 17 then I'd take him - I would not chance he'd last to 28  . . . with picks 28, 33, and 60 being used for DL, OL and WR based on best available not necessary that order.  I certainly would also consider trading back pick 33 for a later second or early third and a first round pick next year (I think they'll get a ton of offers for this pick during the night).  With all the other picks I'd go after OL and OLB and I'm sure with that many pick they'd find a diamond in the rough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Freakin' awesome if true.... he should be there at 33, two teams are scared about his knee.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

If those 2 teams are turned off by his knee, why would the Patriots want to pick a RB with a bum knee?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

The Patriots might be one of those two teams.  However, they may be trying to get Ingram to slip so they can take him in the 2nd round!  I could actually see that being the case.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ingram : Most mock drafts have him going to Miami at 15.....I would be shocked if he made it to 33!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Rocky, and all:

What's your feeling on Ingram, Rock? He was a disappointment last year at Alabama, where he was a part-time performer...and had a knee injury. Frankly, I don't think he's worth using one of the 3 top 33 picks on. The Pats need to draft for their DE, OL, rush OLB, and WR...more than they need a RB. It's been consistently shown that good RBs can be had late in the draft, or through free agency. The Packers just won a SB with a very mediocre stable of RBs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

at 50-60 range i would take a chance on him if the news about his kneee is true,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]If those 2 teams are turned off by his knee, why would the Patriots want to pick a RB with a bum knee?
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]

Same reason they took tate in the third round and that was a stretch.  Willis Macgahee's injury look career ending... he did well with the bills and Ravens.  They guy still played last year too don''t forget and will get back to old form after a year of healing(see Tom Brady).  He split time and saved some legs.... we have Benny and Woodhead who can take carries to bring him on slowly...  We took Price in the third round and the guy was red shirted....  They have a million picks...... they have the luxury to take calculated risks.... 

He was just labeled as one of the hardest looking runners a scout has ever seen,.....

I can keep going...  Lets getem'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : Agree 100% . . . if Ingram is there at 17 then I'd take him - I would not chance he'd last to 28  . . . with picks 28, 33, and 60 being used for DL, OL and WR based on best available not necessary that order.  I certainly would also consider trading back pick 33 for a later second or early third and a first round pick next year (I think they'll get a ton of offers for this pick during the night).  With all the other picks I'd go after OL and OLB and I'm sure with that many pick they'd find a diamond in the rough.
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]

This draft is deep at a few positions, one of them being RB.  Why would we use our best pick in the draft to get a luxury pick?  We NEED a pass rush, we would like a LEGIT RB.    Kendal HUnter, Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, Mikel Leshoure.. all these guys are going to be spaced out over rounds 2-5.  Thats what I would do anyway.. take your positions of Need early, and get similar value at RB in rounds 2 or 3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : This draft is deep at a few positions, one of them being RB.  Why would we use our best pick in the draft to get a luxury pick?  We NEED a pass rush, we would like a LEGIT RB.    Kendal HUnter, Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, Mikel Leshoure.. all these guys are going to be spaced out over rounds 2-5.  Thats what I would do anyway.. take your positions of Need early, and get similar value at RB in rounds 2 or 3.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

Because I believe the Pats can get the above you said and Ingram... trade down a pick this to get an additional 2nd round pick and bang... find the next Vollmer in the second round like himself... snag up ingram, and take a pass-rusher 17th...  I don't see why not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Ingram played in a better D conference behind a worse Oline then many of the other RB's including Helu and still put up the same numbers which is more then impressive. Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : Huh?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

To interpret, I think he's saying Ingram played on a team with a weak offensive line in a conference where he was going up against strong defensive lines, and despite this put up strong numbers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : To interpret, I think he's saying Ingram played on a team with a weak offensive line in a conference where he was going up against strong defensive lines, and despite this put up strong numbers. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

It's not the interpretation that is inaccurate...it's the premise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So you know I'm happy right????????

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/04/rb_ingram_visit.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Demarco Murray from Oklahoma -a Rd 3 steal

He would be an excellent compliement to the Patriot Backfield.

I do not think you find Ingram @ #33.

#17 - DE - I believe the pundits have it quite accurately.  This could be the year that we do not change out ... because

#28.  I see a lot of action for this pick.  Houston, Minnesota & Washington and San Fran would all like this slot for a QB.  A bidding war ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Patriots coverage - 60 Max Power O - The new hot site

The new all Patriots site..check it out!!!!

http://www.60maxpowero.com/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Demarco Murray from Oklahoma -a Rd 3 steal

In Response to Demarco Murray from Oklahoma -a Rd 3 steal:
    [QUOTE]He would be an excellent compliement to the Patriot Backfield. I do not think you find Ingram @ #33. #17 - DE - I believe the pundits have it quite accurately.  This could be the year that we do not change out ... because #28.  I see a lot of action for this pick.  Houston, Minnesota & Washington and San Fran would all like this slot for a QB.  A bidding war ?
    Posted by rolltide1963[/QUOTE]

I really hope we see alot of action for the pick at # 28, but quite frankly, I am concerned that Seattle is going to trade out of 25, and that will draw all the action, leaving the Pats, possibly holding onto 28.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

With the 17 I take  the best passrusher available whether its Bowers ,Watt,Jordan or Kerrigan...etc.....at 28 if Ingram is there I say take him he can run and catch the ball out of the backfield and gives Brady another weapon for other teams to worry about. I know the Pats need O-line help but BB has a definite knack for finding quality linemen in the 2nd round or lower...Light(2nd),Vollmer(2nd)Koppen(5th?) I know Mankins was a 1st(32nd)....Was Neal even drafted?With  the 33rd and 60th use them to fill holes in the o-line and maybe at wr. If they don't trade up for someone like Quinn I hope they keep their first four picks and not trade them away for any future pick....brady is not getting any younger.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If his knee checks out... how could he not be worth the risk at 33, especially if we also use 17 and 28.