Injured Reserve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Injured Reserve

Typically, after a season ending injury, how quickly do the Pats (or any other NFL team) place the player on IR?  I ask because I've yet to see Big Vince placed on IR.  Looked through BDC, NFL.COM and did a google search and zippo.

Don't wish to engage in idle speculation and perhaps I'm simply being a bit premature but it does seem a bit curious. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Injured Reserve

In response to ATJ's comment:

Typically, after a season ending injury, how quickly do the Pats (or any other NFL team) place the player on IR?  I ask because I've yet to see Big Vince placed on IR.  Looked through BDC, NFL.COM and did a google search and zippo.

Don't wish to engage in idle speculation and perhaps I'm simply being a bit premature but it does seem a bit curious. 

Just a guess but if they are going to promote a PS player they won't have to make the move until they set the 46 man roster for Sunday if they so choose. That is one possibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think they are moving more slowly than usual.  My suspicion (of course I don't know for sure) is that they are moving so slowly because Vince is a key player and they don't want to take him off the roster until (1) they are sure that there's absolutely no possibility he can come back this year and (2) as jri said above, they feel they have to make a move to fill his empty roster slot. I don't think there's much, if any, possibility Wilfork is coming back this year, but given Wilfork's importance the Pats may want to let the doctors do their initial evaluations after surgery before sending Wilfork to IR and may even be willing to wait a week or two if they don't feel any urgency to fill his roster spot.  Heck, if there's some faint hope he could be ready by the playoffs, they might even decide to just keep him on the roster all year.  He's that valuable to the team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I think they are moving more slowly than usual.  My suspicion (of course I don't know for sure) is that they are moving so slowly because Vince is a key player and they don't want to take him off the roster until (1) they are sure that there's absolutely no possibility he can come back this year and (2) as jri said above, they feel they have to make a move to fill his empty roster slot. I don't think there's much, if any, possibility Wilfork is coming back this year, but given Wilfork's importance the Pats may want to let the doctors do their initial evaluations after surgery before sending Wilfork to IR and may even be willing to wait a week or two if they don't feel any urgency to fill his roster spot.  Heck, if there's some faint hope he could be ready by the playoffs, they might even decide to just keep him on the roster all year.  He's that valuable to the team.  

That was my thinking when I posed the question but wanted to see if I was the only starry-eyed optimist who viewed it that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

That was my thinking when I posed the question but wanted to see if I was the only starry-eyed optimist who viewed it that way.

[/QUOTE]

Well Indy never put manning on IR,  oh wait they were sucking for Luck.    Never mind.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Good question. Bb doesn't typically tip his hand or rush on anything he doesn't have to. I want to be an optimist here but Achilles injuries are season ending if not career ending. I don't see vw back this year . Maybe they are doing their homework on a trade or deciding who to sign or call up,and won't make the roster move(vw to IR) until its completed...that's my best guess as there is no rush until you have the replacement plan well in hand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Did the jests put Sanchez on IR ?   He had surgery.  It's a sad day knowing his days with the jests are done.  Oh wait geno smith....   I'm better.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I'm an optimist myself.  I figured I would try to find some information about the rehab process.  I found this site  http://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/SM-27399_AchillesTendonProtocol.pdf

It seems unlikely VW could be ready to go by playoff time, based upon that information.  Of course, there may be different degrees of injury which may allow for faster recovery times.  Any doctors out there who can provide some professional opinions?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

If I remember correctly, they put Brady on IR the very next day after he tore his acl.  I'm wondering if they think there's the slightest possibility Vince could be back by the end of the season.  There's no way it was a complete tear because he was walking on it after the play.  I was figuring it was a slight tear but it needed to be repaired.  If we don't hear anything by Monday, I'm going to assume the Pats are optimisitic about Vince's possibility of returning before the end of the season.

I think Pro's comments are spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I'm an optimist myself.  I figured I would try to find some information about the rehab process.  I found this site  http://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/SM-27399_AchillesTendonProtocol.pdf

It seems unlikely VW could be ready to go by playoff time, based upon that information.  Of course, there may be different degrees of injury which may allow for faster recovery times.  Any doctors out there who can provide some professional opinions?

Or at least someone who stayed at a Holiday-Inn Express last night!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

I went thru the rehab process and there is no way Vince is going to play this season. He needs to work really hard just to be ready by training camp. Eventually they will put him on IR. The good news is that full recovery is possible and the ruptured tendon usually becomes stronger after the recovery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Three words for Vince and the Pats:

Deer Antler Spray

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Three words for Vince and the Pats:

Deer Antler Spray

If Vince doesn't mind the side effects...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reiss basically said on his twitter feed that there is no way Vince doesn't end up on IR and that BB  doesn't want to reveal who he is calling up for the Bengals until he has to.  Sorry guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to elendil's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Or at least someone who stayed at a Holiday-Inn Express last night!

LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Reiss basically said on his twitter feed that there is no way Vince doesn't end up on IR and that BB  doesn't want to reveal who he is calling up for the Bengals until he has to.  Sorry guys.

:(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/patriots_place_wilfork_on_ir_announce_collie_signi.html

Well there y'are.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots placed NT Vince Wilfork on injured reserve with a torn Achilles' tendon, ending his season.

The 10-year veteran underwent surgery on Tuesday. Coming into 2013, Wilfork had missed only six games in nine years. The longtime anchor of the Patriots' defensive line turns 32 in November, and is signed through 2014. Achilles' injuries have proven far less difficult to return from in recent years, but Wilfork's age is a complicating factor. There's no guarantee he'll be the same in 2014. The Patriots are going forward with Tommy Kelly, Joe Vellano and Chris Jones at the nose.