Interesting Dynamic to Coaching Staff: Coordinators Afraid of Bill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Interesting Dynamic to Coaching Staff: Coordinators Afraid of Bill?

Heard Bill's press conference this morning and there something interesting that I'm sure as fans we didn't consider. One reporter, in my opinion, asked the best question I've heard all year. The gist of his question was, "We all know you're Bill Belichick, a well-established, lauded coach who's won 3 Super Bowls and been to 4 with this team. Do you think there's a certain sense of awe with this coaching staff since you've accomplished so much yourself? With Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weiss and Scott Pioli, you wouldn't have much of that awe because you guys came up together and won together." Bill's response was, "Yeah, that's a good point. I did speak to some other coaches that are pretty established about dealing with that kind of thing. Back in the day, I'd come into a meeting with some ideas and Charlie or Romeo would go 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE YOU REALLY CONSIDERING THAT?!' For the most part, they weren't afraid to challenge me and question me. I was just like that too. When I first worked for the Colts, I'd never challenge Ted (Marchibroda) but then under Bill Parcells later, sure, I'd challenge him. I try to have an open forum with my staff where we openly discuss many things but then I also step in and say 'no, this is how this is going to be.' I think there's a balance there."

For those who say Bill's too egotistical, there's your proof. An egomaniac wouldn't say that, would he?

** this quote is not verbatim so let's not get caught up in the exact wording. I gave you the general idea **

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Interesting Dynamic to Coaching Staff: Coordinators Afraid of Bill?

Sounds just like any business meeting I've been in.
    Some challenge and some are timid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

You're absolutely right but it's something the average fan may have overlooked. We see the final score and the plays that resulted in that and scream for coaches' heads. Obviously, at the organizational level there are many layers of details we couldn't understand or care to understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

That dynamic happens in all walks of life.  So there could be a perceptable truth to it.  Charlie, Romeo and Bill went back to early 80's they could do that.  Like the team....the coaches have their issues as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

If you can't speak truth to power, then you shouldn't be in the right hand position to power. 

If BB wants that dynamic (vice quieter, timid or even sycophantic guys) then this is his fault and his responsibility to correct. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

say goodbye to romeo

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/_and_there_goes.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Maybe we should spend more on coordiators and assistant coaches--bring in ex-coaches who are nearly at BB's level.  And thus bring BB back to his less-authoritarian self--his winning self.  Maybe he's lonely for a good challenge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

And there goes Romeo! Scott Pioli now has both him and Charlie! I don't get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm starting to think the smartest thing BB ever did, was surround himself/be around good people.

Sure those Giants Defenses he coached on were absolutely killer, BUT what D wouldn't be killer with LT? 

Our great Pat's defenses? A solid Defensive coordinator (Romeo not Bill) and possibly the best personnel, defensively, ever to wear Patriots uniforms.

Now we have a bunch of young players and no real DC/scheme. Bill doesn't looks so smart anymore, I thought it was him coming up with all the ingenious defensive schemes.

When is the last team we confused and embarassed a young QB? That used to be a trademark of a BB team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Just amazing that BB because of this year seems to have lost "IT" in the eyes of many fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Great players make a coach look like a genius, because they can execute a good plan.  When you don't have the talent, it looks like bad coaching.

Phil Jackson (sp) is a great coach but look who he has had to coach, I think this is definitely a double edged sword.

I think the next few years will really cement BB legacy if he can revitalize the pats for the future and stay competitive.

So many coaches could not throughout the history of the nfl.

I think that is why many coachs get out then come back with a new team that is on the cusp of having all the pieces together.