Interesting Question Posed... Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Interesting Question Posed... Thoughts?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was it a regular or someone they wanted to cut off?  I actually agree with the caller and said it yesterday where patslifey was following me around.  Gronk is a binky.  I have no fear of brady's binky addiction problem surfacing on sunday.

[/QUOTE]

um i honestly dont totally remember but I feel like he was a reagular because they put up with this guy for a while...

and I think as long as there's a WR in Foxborough there will be a binky. Right now, if KT and Dobson cant go, Brady will binky Edelman... just happens

welker was the obvious worst though

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tired of all the "need to" keep Manning off the field comments.  The only thing the offense "needs to" do is score points.  And that's the last thing I'm worried about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do not agree on edelman binky. The run game coupled with amendola and vereen provide balance.

Ever see brady with a run game?  I have.  I could see if denver's run d was good or great but isn't.

Wear em down in the thin air.

[/QUOTE]

yes that's where Brady will have no binky because passing the ball will be super easy and open .

when Welker was here he WAS the run game in a sense. first down screens and drags were the run game at times.

so yes, I agree with you that Brady will have no binky, IF the run is effectively being used

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They won't be giving up on the run and going into open almost all pass catchup mode  until there is 4min left per TD they are behind.

down 14 when 8 min are left in game

down 21...12 min left

down 28 ..1qtr+/- about

although there will be tweeks all along...only way they will get that far behind is turnovers...not game strategy

[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. 14 with 8 to go? You are only realyl guaranteed one possession in that scenario, or two with another being 1-2 minutes ... if you score quickly. 

They start adjusting the tempo before that because they have to. 

They will also adjust it if runs aren't netting enough on first and second down. Obviously, they won't be running on 3rd and 7 just to say ... we ran it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I don't know what BB has in mind, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did the short passing thing, early and often then go heavy run.  We've discussed on these boards in spades how great the running game has been and how Denver's D won't be able to stop us.  But I believe a good run D can minimize us - so BB will attack Denvers LBs and secondary first.

The game situation will also dictate.  You can't believe that we'll fumble three times in the first half of this one - should be a closer game.  Don't know who'll get the ball coming out of the half.  Heck for all we know, Denver will turn the ball over in this game.  I trust BB will have a solid game plan in place, tweak as the situation dictates, and that we'll win.  Also consider - we lost four games this year, but were in each one - no blowouts.  That tells me that when things are going crapola - BB and the coaching staff are figuring it out.

I think it'll be a close game throughout the outcome of which will depend on a turnover, a special team play, or a penalty (which worries the bejesus out of me).  Either way - after the mid-way point of the fourth quarter - it'll be anyone's game - and I like ours more than theirs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listening to Felger and Mazz, someone just called in saying losing Gronk was the best thing that happened to this team because we've been forced to run the ball.

And this guy goes on and on with a yelling rant how running the ball is the way to go and it's what the oline wants to do and how we move the chains effectively.   

But, then Felger asks him a great question: if they Pats are down 17-3 in the first half, so you continue to run? How long into the game if we are sown 2 scores to them?  He answered, until the mid third.   

Now the reason I post this thread is because:

1) this guy could've been rusty lol (nothing against you Russ, just playing around)   

2) the guy is a little crazy for thinking Gronk being out is good. No way that it is, Gronk made everyone around him so much more lethal. And Gronk would be a huge factor this weekend if healthy but anyways   

3) the great point here is: how far into the game do we run it? Say the score is 17-6 2nd Q? I say yes.  21-10 2nd Q? Yes  24-10 3rd Q? Early, yes. Late, no  

So I'm just wondering what the board thinks about this. Saying our offense is scoring only FGs while Denver is putting up TDs, how far do we run the ball into the game if down, if they decide to pound it Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

As BB said in his interview before the Colts game, whatever the opponent is giving the Pats is what the team goes with.  But then again, we have all complained the team does not seem to make adjustments soon enough when something is not working.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They won't be giving up on the run and going into open almost all pass catchup mode  until there is 4min left per TD they are behind.

down 21...12 min left

down 28 ..1qtr+/- about

although there will be tweeks all along...only way they will get that far behind is turnovers...not game strategy

[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. 14 with 8 to go? You are only realyl guaranteed one possession in that scenario, or two with another being 1-2 minutes ... if you score quickly. 

They will also adjust it if runs aren't netting enough on first and second down. Obviously, they won't be running on 3rd and 7 just to say ... we ran it. 

[/QUOTE]

Thats nothing Z. How about being down 21 at the 13 minute point from the above post. The Pats would need 3 scores and two Denver 3 and outs which would be a rather high expectation since Denver would allready had already scored 21 points minimum by that point. Down 14 to the best offense in the NFL late in the 3rd would mean the Pats would have to try to extend the game, not shorten it even though that plays to the Broncos strength.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

Listening to Felger and Mazz, someone just called in saying losing Gronk was the best thing that happened to this team because we've been forced to run the ball.

And this guy goes on and on with a yelling rant how running the ball is the way to go and it's what the oline wants to do and how we move the chains effectively.   

But, then Felger asks him a great question: if they Pats are down 17-3 in the first half, so you continue to run? How long into the game if we are sown 2 scores to them?  He answered, until the mid third.   

Now the reason I post this thread is because:

1) this guy could've been rusty lol (nothing against you Russ, just playing around)   

2) the guy is a little crazy for thinking Gronk being out is good. No way that it is, Gronk made everyone around him so much more lethal. And Gronk would be a huge factor this weekend if healthy but anyways   

3) the great point here is: how far into the game do we run it? Say the score is 17-6 2nd Q? I say yes.  21-10 2nd Q? Yes  24-10 3rd Q? Early, yes. Late, no  

So I'm just wondering what the board thinks about this. Saying our offense is scoring only FGs while Denver is putting up TDs, how far do we run the ball into the game if down, if they decide to pound it Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

The answer is simple.  blount took it to the house from 70 yards.  If they back up  run it.  whats wrong with 5 -20 yard chunks... with the occasional 70 yarder....?   Passing only stops clock when you throw incomplete.  That is an advantage when you are short on time for sure.  mix it up....!!!!

and don't get down 17-3...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutely not,  with GRONK there would be fewer targets for the dropsy twins Danny and Edelman.  

[/QUOTE]

Julian has a dropping problem?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agree, if injury free this team had a legit 16-0 shot. That Defense would've been top 5 in the league no doubt.

Also, I know BB traded for Blount but I think if Bill knew BLount would be this effective he would've started him over Ridley immediately.

If Ridley didn't have fumblitis, I don't think we'd be seeing much of anything from Blount outside 5-7 carries a game...

[/QUOTE]

If Ridley didn't fumble the ball he would be one of the best runningbacks in the NFL.  It wouldn't matter about Blount, he would still be waiting for his shot but we would still be running heavy.

[/QUOTE]

now how exactly can you prove this?

[/QUOTE]

The dude has eyes...don't you...oh no, thgat's right, you don't...you thought the Gints would go to the playoffs after starting 0-1,000...BWAHAHAHA!

[/QUOTE]

hi Russ

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

down 21...12 min left

down 28 ..1qtr+/- about

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats nothing Z. How about being down 21 at the 13 minute point from the above post. The Pats would need 3 scores and two Denver 3 and outs which would be a rather high expectation since Denver would allready had already scored 21 points minimum by that point. Down 14 to the best offense in the NFL late in the 3rd would mean the Pats would have to try to extend the game, not shorten it even though that plays to the Broncos strength.

[/QUOTE]

ok guys pile on.

I was the only one that actually tried to anser the question behind this  thread. Stupid me.

You know it would not be all of a sudden from 70% run to 100% pass...there would be a transition. The times I give are when they are in 2 min mode. All shotgun pass.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok guys pile on.

I was the only one that actually tried to anser the question behind this  thread. Stupid me.

You know it would not be all of a sudden from 70% run to 100% pass...there would be a transition. The times I give are when they are in 2 min mode. All shotgun pass.

[/QUOTE]

actually thank you for answering the right question. most of them read the first part and thought its was all about gronk, which it wasnt. losing gronk makes us worse. duh.

thequestion was what you answeered and that is when do we finally give up on the run if we have to

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok guys pile on.

[/QUOTE]

actually thank you for answering the right question. most of them read the first part and thought its was all about gronk, which it wasnt. losing gronk makes us worse. duh.

thequestion was what you answeered and that is when do we finally give up on the run if we have to

[/QUOTE]

Frankly I consider it 100% hypothetical...if they stick with balanced offense heavy enough on the run so the terrible Denver Pass defesne cannot get help from the safties and LB's as much as they need then I don't see the Pats getting behind enough to give up on the run.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

down 21...12 min left

down 28 ..1qtr+/- about

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok guys pile on.

[/QUOTE]

Just ignore them.   They don't know any better/do know better and want to be belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

Don't mind..think they are kind of right...I might be holding on to the run too long in those scenarios especially since Iam not sure Denver will havemuch of a pass D.

Cant always get 14 pts in 60 seconds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I meant to answer that part...I think 17-3 at halftime is still not time enough to do it yet. It depends. Were you running it well and then turned it over with that the reaason why you only got 3 points so far? I'd say if you get your first drive and can keep using it in the 3rd qtr and cut it to 17-10, what is the problem?

That said, I am not against getting creative at that point there. My premise was always about having a lead anyway.

Down 14 on the road at half could easily be an all bets are off situation, sure.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, 17-3 at half and we've played TO free but not scoring i think we gotta spread it.

I'm thinking like, 21-10 at half? Maybe 20-9? 17-6? You know, like, we are moving the ball between the 20s but then stall out on drives.

My answer is if we are down 2 scores anytime in the first half, do not panic and stick to the gameplan. If we cant get it down to one score by half re-think our attack and regroup.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course not. I wish I had heard the caller because it sounds like Felger and Mazz take it to the extreme with that kind of a hypothetical instead of understanding the concepts some here understand, but the ones the BBWs don't understand.

We've abandoned the run with leads, not when trailing.  Leave it up to those hyenas to go to the extreme black and white example of the concept.

[/QUOTE]

The conversation was something like, the guy immediately got on and started ranting "Losing Gronk was the best thing for this team, we needed this. THe run game is what we've needed to do here for years. Just pound it with Blount and no one will stop us" something of that nature not word for word but thats the idea. so they calmed the guy down and was like ok *guys name* what about if we are down? are you still all about run run run? and he was like it depends. And Felger ( he asked the intital question) was like ok say you are down 17-3 in the first half? guy said just keep at it.

they kept giving like 2 more scenarios and the guy was like here's what i think, if we are only down two scores and there are more than 7 minutes in the 3rd we should keep running it. once we get the ball down two scores with less than 7 in the third abandon it and spread it.

it went something like that...