Interview with Brady from Peter King on SI.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Interview with Brady from Peter King on SI.com

from SI.com

Brady's back. In Sports Illustrated this week (no spoilers until tomorrow on SI.com; sorry), I've got the first extended interview with Brady since the Sept. 7 knee injury that knocked him out for the 2008 season. I found him confident that his knee's going to be fine, with a bold thing or two to say about his future ... and an interesting explanation of how he got the staph infection that caused him a couple of setbacks in his rehab last fall. Brady's been throwing to his receivers -- he estimates he's thrown with Randy Moss 12 times -- and I asked Wes Welker what he saw in Brady. "It's been fun for him to throw it around, and he's throwing it good," Welker said. "Rehab gets pretty old. You want to be out there, playing.''

The last time Brady had his hands on this team for a full season, the Patriots set an NFL record, scoring 36.8 points a game, two points a game more than any other team in history. They've had to replace 82 wide-receiver catches from that team, with Jabar Gaffney and Donte' Stallworth out, so Greg Lewis and the ancient Joey Galloway are in. I see Lewis, a reliable darter, catching 50 balls. But Galloway had a bad foot (since recovered) last year, started only four games in Tampa, and comes north with doubts that he can stay healthy. On the plus side: He played in 47-of-48 Bucs games from 2005 through 2007.

I asked Welker whether the 2009 offense can be as good as the 2007 offense.

"I feel we've gotten better,'' he said. "Back in '07, Randy and I were in our first year here, and I don't know about Randy, but I was worried about where the hell I was supposed to line up a lot of that season. Now, with so many touches over the last two years, the offense is second nature to us. This is a complicated offense, and getting to know it takes time. But now I think we both know it well, and we're on the same page with Tom every snap. Our goal is to continue to get better. I hope we can. We've got some good new weapons here, and it'll be great for us to get on the field together to see what we can do.''

Funny to think of in this way, but the key to a great offensive season for New England might actually be the fleet Galloway, who I'm told is running in the 4.4s even at 38. Imagine splitting a healthy Galloway and Moss wide to either side, with Welker in the slot and a good receiver like Kevin Faulk in the backfield. There are going to be some tough coverage assignments for a defense with those receivers playing as a group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Interview with Brady from Peter King on SI.com

Just read the full article today.  Great story, and its great to hear from Tom how genuinely excited he is to be back to playing football.  He said he wants to play until he's 41, and then if he still feels good, keep playing.

After reading that article I am now even more excited about the 2009 season.  Monday the 14th is going to be awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm waiting..  the trolls are bound to trash that piece with their usual hateful, jealousy ridden diatribes.

Remember, when Brady went down last year, every team in the AFC saw its SB stock shoot up.  With Brady coming back, apparently healthy as ever according to the article, every team is seeing its SB stock sink a bit.  Every fan who hates NE is seeing their worst nightmare come true.  A HEALTHY Tom Brady and an apparently improved Pats team from an 11-5 season without Brady!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Peter King is a traitor. I no longer read his garbage. GO PATS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]Just read the full article today.  Great story, and its great to hear from Tom how genuinely excited he is to be back to playing football.  He said he wants to play until he's 41, and then if he still feels good, keep playing. After reading that article I am now even more excited about the 2009 season.  Monday the 14th is going to be awesome.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]
    It was a very good article and outs to rest all Brady doesn't have the fire anymore talk. And the rest of the team as well are falling in on his lead, Moss and Welker vowing to be even better than ever with their experince in the system now. And the new offseason Power Ranking's are out, picking the sucka$$ steelers as one and the Pats moving up to 2nd, and in the remarks say it all,"any team coached by Billichik and Quarterbacked by Brady are SB contenders. Bring it on as I should be home in my livingroom in time for the Super Bowl........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

A traitor?  Was he once on the pats payroll?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

underdogg pay no mind to that, Peter King cant be a traiter because he was never exclusivly a Patriots writer or anything like that. Some people just cant stand it when someone does not always say the Pats are the best and King sometimes questions the Pats for this or that so some people jump the gun and act like he has no right to call them the way he see's them. As an objective fan I like Peter King and see any negitive thing he has said about the Pats as him just trying to be honest to his readers. we might not always like it but he has had our back on more then one story so he is not a hater like those ESPN jokers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]underdogg pay no mind to that, Peter King cant be a traiter because he was never exclusivly a Patriots writer or anything like that. Some people just cant stand it when someone does not always say the Pats are the best and King sometimes questions the Pats for this or that so some people jump the gun and act like he has no right to call them the way he see's them. As an objective fan I like Peter King and see any negitive thing he has said about the Pats as him just trying to be honest to his readers. we might not always like it but he has had our back on more then one story so he is not a hater like those ESPN jokers.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

your hero peter king was the first in line to diminish the pats accomplishments during spygate. I'll never read his garbage again. He is nothing but a bandwagon jumper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You mean he thought what Bill Belichick did was wrong and said so? How dare he! So no one is ever allowed to challenge the Pats greatness after spygate? No one is allowed to speak their mind? Where are you from? The middle east? We got cought "cheating" and he said what he thought about it what is wrong with that? He has also had the Pats back on more then one occation and will be the first person to say the Pats are the best team of teh last 10 years if you asked him. Seriously Bill was the onethat screwed up not Peter King, Peter King did his job and said what he thought which is his right as an American unless you think we should start censering people? Or maybe we should change the constitution so it reads, freedom of press *unless you have something bad to say about the Patriots. Or Freedom of Speach *unless you have something bad to say about Bill belichick and or the patriots? I dont know about you but i live in America and dont mind it when people speak their minds. The only reporter you should still be mad at is John Tomcase everyone else didnt do anything wrong....unless they work for ESPN.