Interview with Tom Brady:"Nine wins is nothing"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Interview with Tom Brady:"Nine wins is nothing"

From WEEI.com:

Quarterback Tom Brady made his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning as part of WEEI’s Patriots Monday. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.

Brady said despite the fact that his stellar play of late has catapulted him into discussion for league MVP, he has plenty of room for improvement leading up to next Monday night’s AFC East showdown vs. the Jets. “I could play better, there’s no doubt about that,” he said. “And I really think this would be a great week for it.”

Brady said the Patriots don’t have much margin for error against their co-division leader. “It’s going to be a hell of a test,” he said.  “They’re one of the best teams in the league, and they’ve got some great players that are playing well. They’ve shown they can win close games. They’ve blown teams out. It’s going to be a hell of a game. I’m excited for it.”

Brady lauded his team’s resiliency and mental toughness, traits that were not as evident last year. “Whatever coach [Bill] Belichick asks of us, guys are willing to do,” he said. “That’s really been something that’s really been talked about all offseason, all during training camp. I’m really proud to be a part of a team that’s really showed up when it matters most.”

However, Brady responded to a question about his motivational sideline speeches by saying there’s still a need for some players to be reminded about the importance of every game.

“There’s always an effort to bring energy out there,” Brady said. “I love being out there at practice. I’m always pretty much on edge. I’ve been around a little while. Look, we’re 9-2. We haven’t accomplished anything. I’ve been a part of a team that won 16 games in the regular season. And I’ve been to five AFC championship games. These games that we’re playing, yeah, they’re important. But a lot of the guys on our team have played in a hell of a lot bigger games than regular-season games. So, to me, what we’ve accomplished really is nothing to this point.

“There’s always a part of me that knows, ‘Man, you can lose. You can have a really bad game and lose.’ I’m not trying to have any of those games. And I’m trying to express to my teammates — who maybe it’s their first year or second year, they haven’t been a part of it — ‘Man, listen, we haven’t done anything. Literally nothing. Zero. Nine wins? Nine wins is nothing.’

“Coach always says — and I said this last week — ‘Football season starts after Thanksgiving.’ It’s after Thanksgiving. Now we’re going to see what kind of football team we have. We’re going to see what other good football teams are, and what it takes to be a good football team. It’s not easy this time of year. There’s a lot of guys b-anged up. Depth for each team now has really become an issue. Mental toughness has really become an issue. The weather’s getting colder. The games are getting bigger. This is really when you find out kind of what the heart of each team is.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Interview with Tom Brady:"Nine wins is nothing"

Let's hope he can instill this same attitude into the younger guys. Though the trolls call out Brady for "yelling" at his teammates on the sidelines, sometimes they really need the motivation (maybe Mr. Wonderful should have tried it last night rather than sulking like a kid whose toys have been taken away). I think Brady is good at doing this. BB chooses players as much for their heart and their intelligence as much as atheletic ability. They certainly should respect a guy with three rings who came out of the 6th round and had to fight for what he's got. This type of attitude is what makes him (IMO) the best QB in the game. I look for them all to be extremely motivated for the big game next Monday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Gotta love his competitiveness!! True leader. Lets hope Wilfork doe the same for the D!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

His leadership is far superior than Manning's it's just not close.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great job by Brady trying to keep the team motivated for the home stretch.In order to win,you have to give 100% at all times.The Pats also have to realize if you don't,you could be on the outside looking in come playoff time.
      This goes back to Belichick's mantra:FINISH 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I just took a peek at ganggreen.com and they have a discussion on the same thing going on, except they are all saying that Brady's teammates hate him and they'd sell their souls to see him carted off the field. They are a VERY overconfident lot.

Brady is a true leader and will have the team ready to go. He has the experience to truly know you aren't a champ until you win it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady's got the 'street creds' to do exactly what he did.  Don't know that I've ever seen a more complete QB and he's the QB of our NE Patriots.  I mean really - is there anyone you'd rather see under center for this team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

he's right, take nothing for granted, until you're the #1 seed in the playoffs, just keep playing one game at a time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Brady also wears a blue uniform better than Manning.  Brings out his eyes.

Its not even close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

In Response to Re: Interview with Tom Brady:"Nine wins is nothing":
    [QUOTE]Brady's got the 'street creds' to do exactly what he did.  Don't know that I've ever seen a more complete QB and he's the QB of our NE Patriots.  I mean really - is there anyone you'd rather see under center for this team?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

His gang name is:TBrad

His mob name is: Tommy Three Rings

His spy-op code name is: GOD 012

No one has better street cred than a male model QB.