Irsay Sheds Light on the Manning/Brady Controversy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Irsay Sheds Light on the Manning/Brady Controversy

Who is the better QB of his era, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Peyton has the regular season statistical advantage over the years...but Tom's been better in the play-offs, and has three (3) SB rings, to Peyton's one (1). During an interview in which Indianapolis Colts' owner Jim Irsay discussed the departure of Peyton Manning, Irsay stated the following:  

"We've changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these," Irsay says, flicking up his right hand to show his Super Bowl XLI championship ring.

"(Tom) Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these," Irsay adds. "Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

"You make the playoffs 11 times, and you're out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin (Harrison) and Reggie (Wayne). Mostly, you love this."

Then Irsay flicks up his right hand again.

Just sayin': http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/10/15/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-no-regrets-peyton-manning/2984615/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Irsay Sheds Light on the Manning/Brady Controversy

Apparently, Irsay's comments have struck a nerve:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/john-fox-tees-off-on-jim-irsay/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not sure what Irsay's point was in all of this.  Took a shot at both Brady and Manning and he did this why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure what Irsay's point was in all of this.  Took a shot at both Brady and Manning and he did this why?

[/QUOTE]

Because he's Irsay, that's why! It's like Rusty being Rusty.

LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel much better about the ownership here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Irsay = Tool Time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Irsay probably wanted to justify the decision to drop the Horseface who is having the best statistical year with his team at 6-0. He is not wrong in wanting more SB wins, nor is he wrong in his statement of facts. Manning had great numbers but got bounced in the first round 7 out of 11 times. If I was the owner, I'd want to change the model too though I might be more diplomatic.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Maybe Irsay should look inwards and wonder if he could have done anything different, or his front office bringing in other players that could have made the difference, rather than blaming his QB.

Hetch 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Irsay is a chode. There's no debating that.

You know what Manning did for you though, Irsay? Brought the Colts from being the worst team in the league in 1997, to being a perennial contender, winning 12 games or more in I-don't-know-how-many consecutive seasons. He made them a relevant franchise again, which Jim Harbaugh couldn not have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen the two (Rusty and Irsay) together? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Of course - what was I thinking?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like him or hate him; Irasy speaks the truth....

"seven out of 11"

That's the bottom line. The rest is BS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Irsay is a such a (___). 

Sorry. He is saying something everyone knows ... but WHY say that?

Manning never did anything bad to Indy outside of failing to win championships, which isn't entirely his doing. 

Way to throw your ex-stars, and HOFers under the bus. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If you saw Irsay, bad plastic surgery and all, and heard him speak....it would all be clear to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The apple doesn't fall far from the drunken tree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen the two (Rusty and Irsay) together? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would have to go with Brady because he's the greatest of all time. 17 postseason wins is better than any QB in NFL history.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree...certainly better than that pile of pig pus playing QB for the hediously bad NY Jets...right DQBB....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He basically handed the pats a compliment that they built a FULL team while the colts built only a partial team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He basically handed the pats a compliment that they built a FULL team while the colts built only a partial team. 

[/QUOTE]

For an alchy and the useless rich son of a carpetbagging owner, he's pretty smart!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Irsay is a such a (___). 

Sorry. He is saying something everyone knows ... but WHY say that?

Manning never did anything bad to Indy outside of failing to win championships, which isn't entirely his doing. 

Way to throw your ex-stars, and HOFers under the bus. 

[/QUOTE]
    Colts fan agrees.  I love Indy's owner for keeping the franchise here.  I love his full support of the team.  Some owners don't fully support their teams.  But the guy is not eloquent.  While his thinking may be correct, the words he uses to describe it sometimes miss the mark and they did in this instance. 

He could have easily just said - I want more rings.  When Manning was here, I did not do a good job of helping that happen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For an alchy and the useless rich son of a carpetbagging owner, he's pretty smart!

[/QUOTE]

Certainly hasn't diminished the value of the team in a small market.  I am a local that has found him to be quite useful.  Further he didn't choose his father nor did you yours, I suspect, so I don't know why you made that comment - maybe just to poke, I suppose. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Certainly hasn't diminished the value of the team in a small market.  I am a local that has found him to be quite useful.  Further he didn't choose his father nor did you yours, I suspect, so I don't know why you made that comment - maybe just to poke, I suppose. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope, I did not...nor did you or he....HOWEVER...his luck of the draw was to be the offspring of a rich and much hated man....he grew up partying and drinking to brutal excess which is clear everytime he's in public....mine was merely an accurate observation...no reason to be defensive

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty=bigsmellybear.

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?